Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2018 11:31:13 PM EDT
Hello piston system users/fans,

I have made my first dive into the world of piston upper AR's. I'm building a quasi-T91 clone of sorts, and have run into a stumbling block; how on earth do I remove the barrel nut from a Wolf A1 upper?

I have spent lots of time google searching, reading through endless threads about wither or not the Wolf upper is any good, blah, blah, blah. But the closest info I've found on a tool to remove the barrel nut is a strap wrench. It doesn't work. I've even used the strap wrench with stickum-grip, again; no glory. I've tried doing some awful things to remove it, and have broken a few tools in the process.

So is there a barrel nut wrench that fits this dang thing? Or is it time for me to throw up my hands, sell the upper, and go back to the DI projects I know and love?

Thank you in advance for your help
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 12:32:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't help other than to say you should ask in the t91tactical.com forums as someone there would know I think.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:23:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Wolf A1 upper and it had a canted gas block.  I called Wolf's Customer Service phone number and they referred me to their gunsmith who does the warranty work for their uppers.  Try calling Wolf and see what their gunsmith says.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 6:29:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't help other than to say you should ask in the t91tactical.com forums as someone there would know I think.
View Quote
T91Tactical barrel nut thread
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:15:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies ya'll.

I spent some time picking through the T91 forum but nobody seems to know what tool will work.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Please check your email.

Quoted:

Thanks for the replies ya'll.

I spent some time picking through the T91 forum but nobody seems to know what tool will work.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:53:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thank you for the email, reply sent.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#7]
T91 Tactical is awesome. They sent me a handmade wrench they had, and also offered the good news that production wrenches will soon be available for order. I'll post some pics of the project soon.

Thanks to those who offered suggestions/input!
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#8]
The only problem at T91 tactical is that when shipments come in to the store, the small number of things on hand are gone in under a day. I love their stuff, and have bought a few items.....I just wish they had more inventory.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#9]
T91tactical  is showing their Barrel Wrench is in Stock and I Ordered one.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Mine came in along with a mag and both are very well made.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:25:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I couldn't find an available wrench, so I ended up making my own spanner wrench for an upper that I cut down.

Link Posted: 11/16/2018 2:01:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I couldn't find an available wrench, so I ended up making my own spanner wrench for an upper that I cut down.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e398/unclemoak/8D90522E-1AE1-488B-BE4E-1EDD77E61734.jpg
View Quote
How do you like the T91 upper?
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top