Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2021 5:49:23 PM EDT
As the title says, the pivot pin detent hole is slightly off center causing the pivot pin to clock and rub when you push it in. It can be forced in but is rubbing on the receiver.  My OCD is pinging.  

I don't want to bitch to the company as this is actually a replacement for another receiver that was even worse. That one wouldn't even let you fully insert the pin. But they were great customer service wise and even let me keep the other receiver as well, which now has a KNS pin and hanging out as a spare.   I checked this one when I got it months ago but didn't notice it was a bit off as well until finished the build recently.   My fault.  

Can this be fixed? I really like the lower, but won't spend $200 to SBR it as originally planned if it can't be corrected relatively easily.   Will opening up the detent hole a small amount give it enough wiggle room to work better?

Ordering another lower is always an option as well. Kind of leaning that way due to the second picture,  which is an easy fix with a 45 selector.  

But damn. I really want to like this lower. No frills, clean looking billet without a stupid logo or oddly machined design.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 5:58:30 PM EDT
[#1]
At that point I would just go with a different company. Everyone puts out a lemon once in a while, but to not properly QC a lower you are sending to replace a FUBAR lower just seems like they don't care.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#2]
That's probably best.  I'll sell this one with full disclosure and hunt down a similar sterile type of lower.  

I'm sure someone else out there sells a similar one with better QC.  

Link Posted: 8/14/2021 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Your safety detent hole appears to be located wrong as well.

Who is it that is churning out these turds?
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your safety detent hole appears to be located wrong as well.

Who is it that is churning out these turds?
View Quote
It is, that's why I referenced using a 45 safety.

JL Billet is the company.  These are a simple, clean design without a stupid logo and odd looking useless machining cuts. Great customer service too, just poor QC.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 6:22:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is, that's why I referenced using a 45 safety.

JL Billet is the company.  These are a simple, clean design without a stupid logo and odd looking useless machining cuts. Great customer service too, just poor QC.
View Quote

My bad, missed part of the OP.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top