Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2020 9:48:43 PM EDT
This is just a heads up.  My guys discovered this week that the pistons on our LWRC IC-A5’s were slowing eroding holes in the bottom of our PEQ-15’s.  We discovered it after two went out the same day.  Further inspection shows we have about 30 rifles affected.  We’ll talk to L3 next week about it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Guess you better start running perst3 & perst4s lol
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Holey shit!
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 11:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Bummer man.
Crossing my fingers L3 takes care of the affected units.

What prompted the check?

Eta: Reading is hard
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 12:59:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Woah, might be worth a crosspost in the piston system subforum, this has me reconsidering some polymer accessory placement.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:05:02 AM EDT
[#5]
If you had made a dovetail cut with an end mill, and fit a steel plate into the handguard there, it probably would've been fine (for a long time).
Too late now, of course.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#6]
LWRC is sending all new top rails that block the hole wear the gas is coming through.  We also, got the PEQ's replaced.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice!

Did Insight/L3 replace the PEQs for free?
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh shit! Going to pass this along to a contact at the local dept as they have some LWRCs. Good find.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top