Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2020 12:02:18 AM EDT
I finally got a chance to run my MK107 suppressed. It would run fine in normal shooting, but when I start shooting faster, and rapid firing, sometimes the rounds in the magazine would nosedive into the mag. It has the gas system set to the suppressor setting. I'm using the 28 round CPD mags, regular carbine buffer spring, H2 buffer, and a SilencerCo Chimera 30 suppressor. I've seen info that is close to my issue, but not exact. I have some 20 round mags on order, and am going to play with some different buffer weights tomorrow. Is there anything I'm missing here? The picture is not the actual nosedive, but I re-created how it was. I forgot to take a pic of the actual jam, which was worse than the pic.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:57:45 AM EDT
[#1]
you could try disassembling the mag, cleaning it out, making sure that none of the spot welds left a dimple on the front inside, sheet metal sharp edges are deburred, makes sure there's no molding flashing on the follower, anything that can cause the follower to snag, then using some dry lube or silicon spray to lube the inside of the mag and reassemble.

I was using my 7.62x39 AR with the binary BFS2 trigger, mag dumps, and the mags were able to keep up, so they can work, and should work.  but I did inspect the insides of the mags before putting them into use.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 1:54:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Here’s mine, runs flawlessly with a pws h4 buffer, I think you should try thatAttachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top