Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2023 6:06:20 PM EDT
Does anyone have a picture of a PSA m4 carbine lower? I purchased a PSA upper and it’s a very back coating now matching an extra lower I had, I like to purchase one to match the best it can any input would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll post his pic too.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 8:11:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Does anyone have a picture of a PSA m4 carbine lower? I purchased a PSA upper and it’s a very back coating now matching an extra lower I had, I like to purchase one to match the best it can any input would be greatly appreciated! https://ibb.co/9GjWsvY
View Quote

I have experience with one PSA lower and it doesn't match their upper for shit.  I had to rattlecan it to make it match.  I emailed them some pics and they said it shouldn't be so light colored and offered me a discount on a future purchase.  I may have gotten a fluke, but I wouldn't put a lot of faith in getting a good match from them.  You can always spray it, Rustoleum flat black high temp engine enamel has matched up many an upper and lower for me over the years

Before:

After:

If you do get an M4 lower please post up a pic.  I am doing a 22LR M4gery "clone" and would like a properly marked lower.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Ty for the input I bit the bullet and ordered it today. Once u get it I’ll post the picture.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Plenty of pics on the web. Also on the PSA webpage.  Look at the "customer gallery " pics on the product page.

Ano batches vary as well.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:51:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Rub some oil in it
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:52:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rub some oil in it
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#8]
That was one of the first things I did after the pic it helped but still not close.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 3:42:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Rub some oil in it
View Quote

Hahaha, oil ain't gonna fix that
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#10]
On a $2000 scar, recievers don't even match. Embrace it and shoot it.

The alternative is to order several and match the best looking ones.  That's all you can really do imo.

Shades are going to vary based on when they were anodized.

Anderson uses a dryer, more grayish anodizing imo. Depends on how much dye is left.
While other companies might use more of a smoother jet black
Some even turn out purpleish
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
On a $2000 scar, recievers don't even match. Embrace it and shoot it.

The alternative is to order several and match the best looking ones.  That's all you can really do imo.

Shades are going to vary based on when they were anodized.

Anderson uses a dryer, more grayish anodizing imo. Depends on how much dye is left.
While other companies might use more of a smoother jet black
Some even turn out purpleish
View Quote

I've got Anderson that are black/glossy and others that are grayish/chalky like Colt.

Ano batches vary. Some are more consistent, others not so much. Surface profile is another factor.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Man if that type of stuff bothers you don't ever get an LMT

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you do get an M4 lower please post up a pic.  I am doing a 22LR M4gery "clone" and would like a properly marked lower.
View Quote

https://ibb.co/bP23mWr
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Man if that type of stuff bothers you don't ever get an LMT

https://i.imgur.com/W3CnE38.jpg
View Quote

That is pitiful, not only the color but the elements aren't even close.  For that money, I would hide my head in shame if I sent that out the door.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Think I might be able to live with that, thx for the pic
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top