Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2020 10:37:48 PM EDT
Ive been on the hunt for a 16" 9mm barrel for the last few weeks. I was going to pick up a barrel from Joe Bob but came across this... I've had great luck with BA 5.56 and 5.45 barrels in the past, so I am willing to give a 9mm verision a go. I was a bit leery of ordering from Acme because I have never heard of them. I received an email the next day with shipping info, so we will see when it gets here.

Anyone recommend a Glock bolt for this barrel? I plan on using the Sterns Defense adapter, if that matters.

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a BA 8.3" 9mm barrel and am very happy with it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:10:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By s4s4u:
I have a BA 8.3" 9mm barrel and am very happy with it.
View Quote

Colt or Glock mags?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:46:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By HLS30:

Colt or Glock mags?
View Quote

Endomags
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#5]
You might as well have had shipped straight to rudy if you want it to feed anything other than round nose reliably.

I've had two BA 9mm barrels and they didn't work with anything out of the box other than round nose.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You might as well have had shipped straight to rudy if you want it to feed anything other than round nose reliably.

I've had two BA 9mm barrels and they didn't work with anything out of the box other than round nose.
View Quote

Must be a mag issue as I have not has a single malfunction with fmj, hp, tc or fp bullets.  I am using Endomags.  You?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:26:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Must be a mag issue as I have not has a single malfunction with fmj, hp, tc or fp bullets.  I am using Endomags.  You?
View Quote

Glock mags with two different lowers, same issue. Both 5.5" ba barrels only fed RN. I was even told the 2nd bbl even had the "improved" feedcone. The 1st bbl is in the spare parts bin, the second one Rudy fixed.

If you google ba feed cone, you will see I'm not the only one. I remember seeing a thread or two on here.

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Who's Rudy?

Edit: NVM, did some googling. Its the dude telling me to buy his barrel in this thread.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Endomags
View Quote

What bolt? I am looking at endomags currently.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:46:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Glock mags with two different lowers, same issue. Both 5.5" ba barrels only fed RN. I was even told the 2nd bbl even had the "improved" feedcone. The 1st bbl is in the spare parts bin, the second one Rudy fixed.

If you google ba feed cone, you will see I'm not the only one. I remember seeing a thread or two on here.

View Quote

I see a lot of threads complaining of feed issues using Glock mags, with several makers of barrels.  Not so many with Colt mags or Endomags.  Methinks its a mag issue as much as a barrel issue.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:47:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What bolt? I am looking at endomags currently.
View Quote

Faxon bolt.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top