Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2021 11:21:53 AM EDT
Been selling KS-47's and I know they have issues with mags and extractors, but didn't know to what extent.
Sold a 10.5" to my buddy last week. Went out back to shoot it, to test magazine fitments and the extractor broke on the 2nd mag....

My question is, are there any after market bolts/extractors that have resolved this issue? I love the idea of the KS-47, but if it can't even be semi-reliable, then its nothing more than an expensive toy.

I've heard people talking about removing the o-ring, which will extend the life, but how much? Less than 60 rounds in on an extractor is a bit concerning. So much that I sold the one I had bought for myself.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I use an LMT enhanced bolt in mine
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I've added weight to carriers which increases the lock time.
http://www.c3junkie.com/?page_id=185
Quoted:
I use an LMT enhanced bolt in mine
I also run an LMT enhanced bolt....as well as others.  The extractor on one of my LMT's also broke.  I contacted LMT and was told they have NO spares....and they use that proprietary lobster tail extractor.  They did have spare 6.8 Extractors which they told me would NOT work but ordered a couple anyways and reshaped one to work with my LMT 7.62x39 ACB which had the broken extractor and was able to get it to work.

Attachment Attached File

Having the broken proprietary extractor on the LMT prompted me to add weight to the carrier as mentioned above and to also use 'standard' 7.62x39 bolts which have more readily available extractors.
I also bought some of the KAK tungsten carrier weights as well.
Attachment Attached File

Lastly, I've been doing some testing with the Surefire OBC carrier which has the spring loaded carrier weight and the modified cam pin geometry that keeps the bolt locked longer should also reduce bolt and extractor breakage.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/27/2021 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:41:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I've already got a replacement coming free of charge. Was just looking for suggestions on how to make it last a little longer. I completely understand the limitations with the design but still love the idea.
I see people who can get 1000 rounds out of an extractor, while others get less than 100.

Thanks for the amazing customer support, you guys rock as always.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:47:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:47:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Excuse me if I missed it.  

Why were there problems to begin with?
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top