Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2024 4:33:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tiribulus]
For the 2nd time in two weeks I did an enormously irresponsible thing.

An impulse buy at the local shop for a decent price for something I didn't really need. I think it had been sitting in there a while.

I'm going to put it in my Aero M4E1 build. I'll keep the Hanson barrel as a spare.

This one appears to have rifle length gas, but they give you a high quality tube with the barrel.  

BTW, what does that little "S" mean on the extension? Does that indicate the blank it came from maybe?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 6:15:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:18:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:
Typically , the "S" means who made the barrels receiver extension, I believe that one is Schmid.  A well respected company.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Typically , the "S" means who made the barrels receiver extension, I believe that one is Schmid.  A well respected company.
Thank you for the reply.
I thought about this after I posted the question. The extension is separate from the barrel so the marking probably wouldn't be for the blank. I have a couple of Schmid enhanced GI triggers which have been good.

Originally Posted By bfoosh06:May I ask how much you paid ?
489 out the door.

Originally Posted By bfoosh06:FWIW, I am a believer in True and glue ( or shim ) the barrel in place. ( About the 49 sec point ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHxU8VUAHOY&list=PLqwwk7tC6Sdanx0b55g2EL8UV5udC2Gwh

You don't have to do this... but I want the most possible out of my precision oriented barrels.
Thanks. I will look this over for sure.

Originally Posted By bfoosh06:Please, let us know how well the barrel shoots after you have it installed.
I will do that. Should be able to get it installed today and out to the range on Friday or Saturday.
Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 6:53:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tiribulus] [#4]
This is not exactly the right rifle for this barrel and I'll rarely be able to feed her match ammo, but here she is:

Aero M4E1 receivers

The PROOF 16 in. 223 Wylde barrel, 1-8, intermediate gas, which I only recently learned about and the matching included tube

Aero .750 click adjustable gas block

MFT Evolve 3 prong fh/brake

UTG Pro Handguard (USA Made)

Magpul ambi sling loop end plate.

Magpul bipod

Magpul Pro iron sights

Strike Link mini hand stop

CMC 3.5 pound flat bow single stage trigger

Aero logoed nitride BCG

B.A.D. Enhanced bolt catch/release

CMMG enlarged mag release

Radian Talon single side safety (set to 45)

Raptor LT CH.

Aero enhanced buffer tube

Bexar Arms flat wire spring

Strike modular buffer, setup to 3.9 oz. (this may have to change)

Magpul MOE+ grip.

Magpul DT buttstock

The controversial Aero lightweight mount and equally controversial Swampfox Arrowhead 1-8

Assorted KNS, Bexar, CMC etc. springs, pins, detents, castle nut etc.

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:23:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:Very nice !
View Quote
Thanks. I love that rifle.

Quick question. I'm going to shoot it as is and see how it does, but suppose I wanted to shim it eventually. What shim material would you suggest? I'm a huge JB Weld fan and can get that locally if need be obviously. I've used JB Weld to fix all kinda stuff. You'd have to leave a film of oil in there for any hope of getting it back out in the future though.

The extension was snug in the receiver, but went in pretty easy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:41:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jnat] [#7]
Loctite 620 sleeve retainer

.001 or .0005 SS shim stock on the bbl extension if needed.

Lathe square the thread face on the receiver where the extension seats since you have it apart.

Edit: 620…..
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like THIS might be a good idea?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#10]
These lapping tools have always made me nervous. I can't get it outta my head that I'm also enlarging the bore of the receiver too.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Tiribulus:
These lapping tools have always made me nervous. I can't get it outta my head that I'm also enlarging the bore of the receiver too.
View Quote

No,  if you use a lapping tool vs having it lathe turned,  lubricate the circumference of the mandrel as to NOT induce any wear in receivers bore.  You are lapping the receiver thread face in an effort to square it with the barrel extension bore.

If you were to stand your stripped receiver on the bench,  threads down,  the area touching the bench is what your lapping.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#12]
This is a lathe turned receiver face,  same effect as lapping but more precise.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:16:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tiribulus] [#13]
Originally Posted By Jnat:No,  if you use a lapping tool vs having it lathe turned,  lubricate the circumference of the mandrel as to NOT induce any wear in receivers bore.  You are lapping the receiver thread face in an effort to square it with the barrel extension bore.

If you were to stand your stripped receiver on the bench,  threads down,  the area touching the bench is what your lapping.
View Quote
Right. I understand that. The thing is, you are still running the mandrel inside the bore where the barrel extension mates to the receiver. And pretty tightly too, or it wouldn't square the nose right. Some lube would go without saying.

Of course, then shimming/gluing would probably take of that and I see enough credible people reporting success with these tools to convince me that they work. It's just my stubborn mind making things rough on me.

The lathe method would be optimal, but I'm not going to be able to get that done. A lapping tool I could eventually do.

Step one is to get it out and see how it shoots as is and I don't even have any ammunition at the moment that will really tell me that lol. I have quite a bit of 556 range ammo, but no match grade stuff. Will probably grab a few boxes of AAC.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:28:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tiribulus] [#14]
Somebody should invent a lapping tool with replaceable hard Teflon sleeves maybe a couple mils thick. The sleeve would sit stationary inside of the receiver and the slightly reduced diameter mandrel would run snug inside of that. Use the sleeve a few times or until it starts to wear and then replace it with a new one.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#15]
You spent almost $500 on a barrel but can’t spend $40 (including shipping both ways) to have Paladin (tp555(at)vfemail.net) lathe turn the front of your receiver?  Uh, ok.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 5:53:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tiribulus] [#17]
Originally Posted By Big-Bore:
You spent almost $500 on a barrel but can’t spend $40 (including shipping both ways) to have Paladin (tp555(at)vfemail.net) lathe turn the front of your receiver?  Uh, ok.
View Quote

Touche and I was waiting for somebody to bring this up. Truth be told, I shouldn't have bought this barrel. I don't even have the money to run it consistently like it should be.

Truth also be told, my Hanson barrel was giving me right at MOA and maybe a hair's worth of change with factory X-Tac ammo.

This was an impulse buy with a story behind it that I won't get into.

I will make some effort to maximize it's potential as best I can.

Like I say though, step one is seeing how it shoots like it is.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#18]
FWIW... PTG has 2 sizes. https://pacifictoolandgauge.com/ar-tools/1139-ar-15-upper-receiver-lapping-tool.html

And my first PTG ( only one size back then ) fit non-thermal fit uppers perfectly.

Mine from Brownells fit thermal fit uppers.  BCM , etc )

The on for the Aero Enhanced upper ( E series) fits perfectly

The one from Wheeler.. was such a sloppy fit, it is now used to burnish inside buffer tubes.

The only time I saw something "funny" from any of the uppers I have lapped, was just inside the upper , behind the uppers RE hole to fit the barrel into... it burnished the area smooth... almost like the inside of the upper wasn't milled all the way to the front end.

Zero issues even from that.

I am a believer in a good fit between the upper and lapping tool.

I also hold the upper by hand , vertically, so I can feel any binding.  

I'd bet, if the upper was placed in a vise, it would be far easier to fubar the lapping.

I watched one guy from a large AR manufacturer, place a upper into the vise, and go at it like he was paid by the lapped upper per hour... all I could think was, saying it was done, and doing it right are different things.

FWIW... here is a thread I wrote about a 6.5CM before and after... not scientific at all , but it was enough to show me the benefits are worth it. And while some of the groups did not show improvements... and some may have been luck,

I just do it because it hasn't hurt anything, and it is simple.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry/PSA-PA10-GenII-lower-w-PA-65-review-START-at-the-beginning-again-UPDATED-with-Tn-G-results-/301-285762/

View Quote
Very good sir! Thank you again for the good info
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:The one for the Aero Enhanced upper ( E series) fits perfectly
View Quote
Maybe I'm especially dense today, but which one is this.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#20]
$39 for the lapping mandrel plus lapping compound for a mehh job?

$40-$50 to have it lathe turned and be gnats ass square…….

I know where I’d put my money
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:23:30 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm just exploring possibilities at the moment. I like the idea of having the tool too. If it works like I want.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#22]
How does THIS look for accuracy? I've never bought anything except range ammo, though I have seen that 77 grain Sierra Match King projectiles are often associated with top notch ammo for accuracy. How does it compare to THIS ?

Does anybody know?

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:09:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#23]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:38:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tiribulus] [#24]

Buy some of each.  It is the only way you will know for sure. I am a big fan of AAC's bargain priced ammo.

I would try 3 boxes of each.  I prefer to allow 5 shots between each type... that way the barrel can settle into the next load.
So shoot for groups with one type... then , with the next type, allow 5 throw away / seasoning the bore shots, then shot for precision.

I know it sounds strange, but I have shot enough groups with one brand after another to notice that trend.
The CMP even has a list of what powders not to use after another... because it can mess with those first shots.

The SMK load is a good one for sure.  The Ammo forum has a great thread on it.

The Horn. 75gr can be a bullet that your barrel likes or it doesn't

Consider trying some of the AAC 77gr OTM as well. Worse case scenario with this is it is better then Ball ammo at a comparable price.
https://palmettostatearmory.com/aac-5-56-nato-77-grain-otm-20rd-box-ammunition.html
View Quote

I bought three boxes of the 77gr. SMK before I saw this. I should have gotten two of each, but didn't think of it at the time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#25]
FWIW... PTG has 2 sizes. https://pacifictoolandgauge.com/ar-tools/1139-ar-15-upper-receiver-lapping-tool.html

And my first PTG ( only one size back then ) fit non-thermal fit uppers perfectly.

Mine from Brownells fit thermal fit uppers.  BCM , etc )

The on for the Aero Enhanced upper ( E series) fits perfectly

The one from Wheeler.. was such a sloppy fit, it is now used to burnish inside buffer tubes.

View Quote

Have done a half dozen Aero uppers with mine (Wheeler) so far and about that many Colt uppers and never noticed anything fitting in a 'sloppy' way like you describe.

Can compare measurements if you wish (willing to bet you have very good measuring tools as do I) but fairly sure you just got a bad one and that they are not 'all' machined like that. Would have definitely sent mine back if was as you describe yours was...

Will also add that because of 'tolerances' if you sit down to do several new / unfired uppers at the same time (and from the same exact brand) it is not going to be unusual to find one or more where the 'fit' of the lapping tool is a little looser or tighter as compared to the others.

Obviously if the dia of the tool is not changing but the 'fit' feels different between different uppers than the difference is in / with the uppers...  

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Jnat:
$39 for the lapping mandrel plus lapping compound for a mehh job?

$40-$50 to have it lathe turned and be gnats ass square…….

I know where I’d put my money
View Quote

No way in hell you would be able to ever tell a difference between either on paper.

The money saved by owning the tool and being able to do several vs the cost of having the same number done on a lathe would add up to a LOT of coin quickly. Money saved that could then be spent on lots of good quality ammo...

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#27]
I appreciate all the input guys.

BTW. It did finally sink in that the lapping tools are reduced at the length that would make contact with the mating bore of the receiver, thus avoiding the enlargement of that area that I was concerned with

I forgot to tell you the part about my being a moron lol.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Aaron56:

Have done a half dozen Aero uppers with mine (Wheeler) so far and about that many Colt uppers and never noticed anything fitting in a 'sloppy' way like you describe.

Can compare measurements if you wish (willing to bet you have very good measuring tools as do I) but fairly sure you just got a bad one and that they are not 'all' machined like that. Would have definitely sent mine back if was as you describe yours was...

Will also add that because of 'tolerances' if you sit down to do several new / unfired uppers at the same time (and from the same exact brand) it is not going to be unusual to find one or more where the 'fit' of the lapping tool is a little looser or tighter as compared to the others.

Obviously if the dia of the tool is not changing but the 'fit' feels different between different uppers than the difference is in / with the uppers...  

https://i.imgur.com/qNP4VpU.jpg
View Quote

This is why lapping is not as precise as a lathe.  Everything is dependent on the fit of the mandrel to the receiver.  Also,  consider the mandrel face wears some with each use.

Can you tell the difference on paper…..?  Not sure,  but it’s a few more variables eliminated.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:06:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Big-Bore] [#29]
I have dozens of uppers that I have lapped myself with a mandrel and dozens of others that were lathe turned.  Accuracy wise, I see no difference.  I personally have no doubt that lathe turning is a more accurate way to square the front of the receiver but I am also just as certain it doesn’t matter a lick when it comes to “on paper” accuracy.  The only thing I am dead nuts certain about is that turning, lathe or mandrel, makes sure your sights are centered.  Anything other that that…hypothesizing and conjecture.  JMO.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#30]
I have dozens of uppers that I have lapped myself with a mandrel and dozens of others that were lathe turned.  Accuracy wise, I see no difference.  I personally have no doubt that lathe turning is a more accurate way to square the front of the receiver but I am also just as certain it doesn’t matter a lick when it comes to “on paper” accuracy.  The only thing I am dead nuts certain about is that turning, lathe or mandrel, makes sure your sights are centered.  Anything other that that…hypothesizing and conjecture.  JMO.
View Quote

Yes sir…..In my experience, irons and optics are on out of the gate.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
How fast did you run the drill may I ask? Seems to me that some of these guys I'm seeing are running the mandrel way too fast. I'm thinking slower, patient and deliberate is better.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:54:53 PM EDT
[#32]
You can just do it by hand
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:47:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Big-Bore] [#33]
I chuck it in my drill press and run it on its slowest speed.  IIRC it is something like 650 rpm??? but I will not swear to that. Just make sure to keep the mandrel coated in oil and fresh lapping compound on the cutting face.  I use moderate pressure and hold the upper by hand, pressing up on the mandrel.  I lap for about 20 seconds then check progress.  It usually takes less than a minute or two of actual lapping it out to 100% but I stop and check several times, so total time is usually about 5 minutes.  When you stop to check, stop the motor, and just back off the upper from the mandrel's cutting face 1/4 to 3/8 inch or so, use a cloth or Q-Tips to wipe the face of the upper free of lapping compound, look at the progress with a good light, and if needed, apply more lap to the cutting face of the mandrel and lap for another 15-20 seconds.  Repeat until you have 98-100% coverage, but don't over do it.  That is where some people get into trouble.  They go ape-crap crazy and lap way too much off the front but I mean, you really have to go nuts and be half drunk to do that.

If I have one upper to do, I do it myself, if more than one, I send them to Paladin.  He does such a good job, does it quickly and doesn't charge much at all (shipping both ways is more than the actual jobs) so that it's not worth my time and effort to do them myself unless, as I said, it's a one off.

You can do it by hand if you have nothing better to do with your time.  Personally, if the choices were doing it by hand and sending it to Paladin, I'd send them to Paladin every time.  I tried one by hand it it took forever, so no thank you.  The drill press is the way to go if doing it yourself.  You can also use a hand drill but clamp your hand drill to a bench or in a vise and manipulate the upper on the mandrel.  Doing the lapping while holding the hand drill was not near as easy for me, and clamping the upper in a vise meant using padded jaws to prevent scratches.  Clamping the drill in the vise worked a lot better with no danger of scratching the upper, but the drill press was much better. Do wear heavy leather gloves though in case the upper were to seize up on the mandrel.  You don't want any broken or twisted off fingers.  Only thing easier than doing it in a drill press is to send them to Paladin.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:53:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tiribulus] [#34]
I chuck it in my drill press and run it on its slowest speed.  IIRC it is something like 650 rpm??? but I will not swear to that. Just make sure to keep the mandrel coated in oil and fresh lapping compound on the cutting face.  I use moderate pressure and hold the upper by hand, pressing up on the mandrel.  I lap for about 20 seconds then check progress.  It usually takes less than a minute or two of actual lapping it out to 100% but I stop and check several times, so total time is usually about 5 minutes.  When you stop to check, stop the motor, and just back off the upper from the mandrel's cutting face 1/4 to 3/8 inch or so, use a cloth or Q-Tips to wipe the face of the upper free of lapping compound, look at the progress with a good light, and if needed, apply more lap to the cutting face of the mandrel and lap for another 15-20 seconds.  Repeat until you have 98-100% coverage, but don't over do it.  That is where some people get into trouble.  They go ape-crap crazy and lap way too much off the front but I mean, you really have to go nuts and be half drunk to do that.

If I have one upper to do, I do it myself, if more than one, I send them to Paladin.  He does such a good job, does it quickly and doesn't charge much at all (shipping both ways is more than the actual jobs) so that it's not worth my time and effort to do them myself unless, as I said, it's a one off.

You can do it by hand if you have nothing better to do with your time.  Personally, if the choices were doing it by hand and sending it to Paladin, I'd send them to Paladin every time.  I tried one by hand it it took forever, so no thank you.  The drill press is the way to go if doing it yourself.  You can also use a hand drill but clamp your hand drill to a bench or in a vise and manipulate the upper on the mandrel.  Doing the lapping while holding the hand drill was not near as easy for me, and clamping the upper in a vise meant using padded jaws to prevent scratches.  Clamping the drill in the vise worked a lot better with no danger of scratching the upper, but the drill press was much better. Do wear heavy leather gloves though in case the upper were to seize up on the mandrel.  You don't want any broken or twisted off fingers.  Only thing easier than doing it in a drill press is to send them to Paladin.
View Quote
I do very much appreciate this detailed information. Doing it by hand crossed my mind too.

What didn't cross my mind was wailing away on it like a couple of these guys were. Made me wince.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 4:57:23 AM EDT
[#35]
I've only hand lapped and always gotten good results. Made that decision based on seeing people screw up receivers and what they all had in common were that they were using drills. I'm not saying you can't use a drill, only that I know I'm not going to put any odd sideways pressure, over lap, or otherwise screw it up if I do it by hand. Takes longer but, if I were in a hurry I wouldn't be bothering at all.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:24:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Homesteader375:
I've only hand lapped and always gotten good results. Made that decision based on seeing people screw up receivers and what they all had in common were that they were using drills. I'm not saying you can't use a drill, only that I know I'm not going to put any odd sideways pressure, over lap, or otherwise screw it up if I do it by hand. Takes longer but, if I were in a hurry I wouldn't be bothering at all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Homesteader375:
I'll probably try that first and see how it goes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FWIW...I run my hand drill on the low setting. Checking frequently the progress.

When you do shoot for groups, I tend to shoot better off a bag.  So don't forget to try off a bag and off your bipod.
I do have bags. I just turned 60 and my eyesight and structural stability, shall we say, isn't what it once was. I bought a Precision Underground rear bag a while back on somebody's recommendation. I have some other stuff for the front as well as the bipod. Man it's tough to hold perfectly still these days. Even from a good rest.

I was getting decent groups with my BA Hansen barrel though :)
Here is 5 rounds at 100 yards.

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Receiver facing really does not have anything to do with accuracy. It does have a lot to do with where your barrel is pointing in relation to your sights.

If you have your iron sights at mechanical zero and the receiver face is not true, you might need a lot of windage or elevation just to get zeroed. Precision is most likely effected by the quality of fit of the barrel extension into the upper receiver. Tight = good, loose = not as good.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 11:22:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Lol... I have seen far worse groups from younger bucks.

Experience matters.... and Don't underestimate yourself.

Make sure you limit your coffee and cigs when shooting for precision. Lol
View Quote
Appreciate the encouragement. I got my first AR a few years ago, but my first firearm in 1989. Was never a precision shooter, but would like to think that there's at least some transferable experience in there somewhere.

The above group was with X-Tac 55gr FMJ-BT I got from Palmetto for 8 bucks a box a while back on some sale they were having. For whatever reason, that Hanson Barrel loves that ammunition. It doesn't shoot any other I've tried that good. I never tried any of the high end stuff in it though.

I don't smoke or drink coffee, but I do drink a fair amount of green tea haha.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By bpm990d:
Receiver facing really does not have anything to do with accuracy. It does have a lot to do with where your barrel is pointing in relation to your sights.

If you have your iron sights at mechanical zero and the receiver face is not true, you might need a lot of windage or elevation just to get zeroed. Precision is most likely effected by the quality of fit of the barrel extension into the upper receiver. Tight = good, loose = not as good.
View Quote
I was musing over this exact hypothesis a couple days ago.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:07:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tiribulus] [#42]
I'm back to the realization that a barrel like this is probably wasted on somebody like me. I don't think I can shoot it any better, even with good ammo, than I could shoot the Hanson barrel with crap ammo

EDIT: Well, I don't know that for sure and that's the point. I probably never will. I should have just been happy with the BA Hanson barrel and spent the almost 500 bucks on something that would have been more useful to me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#43]
I did have a bit of an adventure for a minute there before I realized that I had the AGB all the way closed. I had rebuilt it to put some fresh Lucas Red n Tacky on the threads of the needle adjuster thing and left it shut from working it back and forth.

I had a single shot rifle for the first couple rounds. Didn't even eject the empty casing obviously.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:45:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tiribulus] [#45]
The trouble is, I don't have money for any of that lol. I didn't have the money for this barrel.

I'm not a whiny poor guy.  I love my life and I'm not complaining about anything except my own lapse in sound judgement. I had a more than perfectly good rifle that I've spent the last few years slowly upgrading into a dern nice one.

Buying this barrel was like buying a Bugatti and not being able to afford the premium gas, tires and tuneups. (a flawed analogy I know, but you get the point)

I do very much appreciate your encouragement once again. Your positive contribution is truly welcomed.

A piece of equipment like this is for somebody who has the time and resources to take it where it was designed to go. I just am not that person. I recognize that. I just wish I would have recognized it before I spent this pile of money on it :)

I'll shoot it as best I can and it will be wasted on me.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Not even to mention that the 1-8 LPVO, which I just bought over the last holiday sales, is quite unsuited to the design of this barrel too.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:37:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Check your IM / Messenger here on AR15.com...
View Quote

I have done so sir
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top