Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2021 10:53:21 AM EDT
I'm running a 9mm CMMG SBR which uses and AR-style bolt.  Started to have ejection problems and I found that the extractor pivot holes are ovalized.  I certainly lube the bolt, but I find now that the recommendation is to lube the pin prior to reinstalling the extractor, easy enough to do after every post-range session cleaning.  Is this failure common when the pin isn't lubed?  I usually use either Slip 2000 or Slip EWL, but I wonder if a relatively light oil has enough staying power to work over 500+ rounds versus using a very light grease.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a high temp synthetic grease in mine.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#2]
While I don't hav a 9mm I have a 22 dedicated upper from   CMMG that is 15 ish years old and cmmg stands behind their products . Give them a call.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:25:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Never saw one on a government rifle. 1st echelon doesn’t even allow the extractor to be removed. The average marine isn’t smart enough to apply oil to the pin anyway.

I’d say it’s a non-issue en masse. Your gun must have just been a defect of some kind like a chattery tool or maybe too-hard a pin? Being a 9mm, I guess the bolt could be soft too and you’d never know.

I’d like to think CMMG will get you taken care of.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top