Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2018 4:04:30 PM EDT
What do you all think of the Sharps XPB? Worth the money? Videos only shine on it saying no negatives.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 4:33:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Get two toolcraft for the price of one sharps
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I never liked the idea of reducing the lug dimensions, especially since the lugs receive more force on unlocking than locking.

The Arfcom store has a DLC-coated BCG if that's one thing you're looking for.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 4:47:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get two toolcraft for the price of one sharps
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 5:06:36 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah the bolt lungs are intriguing you would think the more material the better. I most likely going to stick with the BCM since i have had no issues, just thought i would bring it up to try something new.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
yeah the bolt lungs are intriguing you would think the more material the better. I most likely going to stick with the BCM since i have had no issues, just thought i would bring it up to try something new.
View Quote
Nothing wrong with BCM, but you're wasting money imo. ToolCraft is 100% GTG they're a old name that's been around for a LOOOOONG time and supplied the .gov they know what they're doing. So why pay more?
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I think they are great. But I went with the Lantac E-BCG and it's truly innovative and does what it's supposed to. The cam pin, forward facing gas ports, NiB finish cleans easy.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#7]
If you want DLC armorally (mounmouth reloading) has toolcraft DLC now. Not sure if they are in stock at the moment but that would be my choice. I have read of issues with the sharps bolts
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 11:37:23 PM EDT
[#8]
No issues with my Sharps bolt so far.  Early versions had a heat treatment issue.  That has long been corrected.  That said my favorite BCG's by far are Toolcraft.  Awesome quality at a great price.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 4:42:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Get an adjustable gas block/key and a bcg of choice.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:49:21 AM EDT
[#10]
are the toolcraft bcg MPI and HPI tested? Do they have a chrome lined gas key and bolt carrier?
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
are the toolcraft bcg MPI and HPI tested? Do they have a chrome lined gas key and bolt carrier?
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes
View Quote
Not all of them are HPT.  They are all usually MPI.  Toolcraft manufacturers the carriers and will put different bolts in per vendor, or even the vendor will add bolts.  Check the specs when you buy
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I see Cryptic Coatings BCG say they are HPI and MPI  tested. They are toolcraft BCG for $110 nitride coating. i will probably going that route.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Id avoid the hpt if possible if what knights armament has to say is true.

Mpi yeah go for it, hpt no.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top