Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2018 5:43:44 PM EDT
Building a 300 blk with a side charger.  Just wondering if there are any gas blocks or products that allow gas shutoff?  I’m not looking at gas adjustment like SLR, just looking for on or off.  Looking to do this for ultra quiet operation for fun, kind of like a bolt action.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Building a 300 ball with a side charger.  Just wondering if there are any gas blocks or products that allow gas shutoff?  I’m not looking at gas adjustment like SLR, just looking for on or off.  Looking to do this for ultra quiet operation for fun, kind of like a bolt action.
View Quote
Not hard to do yourself, just buy an adjustable and then crank it in or out.  Takes me less than 3 turns on mine to go from fully open to fully closed.

But just remember if you are trying for the quietness of a bolt action, with a gas operation gun, you are probably going to be disappointed, gas guns by design are not as quiet as bolt guns.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:10:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not hard to do yourself, just buy an adjustable and then crank it in or out.  Takes me less than 3 turns on mine to go from fully open to fully closed.

But just remember if you are trying for the quietness of a bolt action, with a gas operation gun, you are probably going to be disappointed, gas guns by design are not as quiet as bolt guns.
View Quote
How so? If the gas is shut off, any action noise or residual gas coming out the back is eliminated. It's essentially a straight-pull bolt gun.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:33:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Seekins precision has a new adjustable gas block you might be interested in. Seems like you could tune it to do exactly what you want.

We check in with Seekins Precision at Shot Show 2018

And yes if you completly kill the gas flow it'll be damn near bolt action quiet
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Seekins precision has a new adjustable gas block you might be interested in. Seems like you could tune it to do exactly what you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f77NT6sY550

View Quote
That's awesome.
Now I need a new handguard.
Seekins link
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f77NT6sY550

View Quote
That's nifty. With a pistol length Blackout gas system though you're going to probably have to modify the rail to have access to the lever.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#7]
That Seekins gas block might be just the ticket.  Doesn't look like it would be hard to modify a handguard to make this work either.  Just a dremel or small hacksaw and some filing and polishing.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top