Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2018 9:06:56 PM EDT
I have an Olympic 9mm upper with the spring ejector cross pinned in the upper. It came with a bunch of sten mags with the adapter welded to the back of the magazine so they fit in a regular lower.

Has anyone modified this style magazine to hold the spring ejector? I wouldn't have to modify another upper and could make another upper to shoot with a pistol lower.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 5:33:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Picture of magazine.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:01:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 1:00:10 AM EDT
[#3]
The ejectors are available. I could add a riser to the mags and drill a hole sale place as the original.

Going to bend some out of drill rod. Not sure how but will figure something out.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 7:06:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I did not think of that. (Clearing without an ejector)  Thanks.

I could cut the adapters off, but then they are just sten mags with welds ground off. Might just be easier to leave it as is. As cheap as uppers are I could drill another for the ejector. Another upper would be cheaper than an adapter.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:45:18 PM EDT
[#7]
This brings back memories to the full auto days. Local machinist would make a 9mm conversion for your m16. he milled aluminum blocks so they fit in the standard mag well using sten gun mags. All of the upper were made using douglas barrel blanks. Way back when machine shops had bridegeport mills with real gauges. Lathes where the machinist swore he could feel a 1/1000 th with the file in his hand.

Pre-86 were good times. Everyone had toys that did not cost an arm and leg. Side plates for 1919's, dewats were everywhere in piles, parts for sale at gun shows in buckets....Thompson barrels still in the cosmoline for $8 each. Having Uzi barrels turned down on the lathe..3 for a case of beer while you waited.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top