Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2019 11:36:57 PM EDT
I bought a bunch of Okay Surefeed (OKAY-M4) mags and have run about 300 rounds through one of them recently. Loaded it up with Black Hills 77 TMK and went to chamber a round in the SR15.

I felt it catch just a little bit when racking it. Like a 1/10 of a second delay in the process of charging it. Stripped the mag and noticed that when I mimic stripping the top round from the mag, it seems to be catching the rim of the case at the neck. I've never had a failure on this mag but only ran 10 rounds of my HD ammo (BH 77 TMK). I can see some minor wear on the mag where it does seem to hit the case. Tried another Surefeed and it appears to do the same thing.

Is this a non issue? Has anyone experienced? Makes me nervous that it could cause a FTF when shooting.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 12:18:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I could see where the mark might could happen just because the top case is trying to drop the one below it forward as it is stripped and the lower round is rising.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:08:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, that round is not in line to be chambered next. After you load your mags, give them a few taps on the butt to align all rounds to the rear
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 10:11:09 AM EDT
[#3]
G.I. mags do that.  All of 'em.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 9:25:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Military Arms Channel just had a similar problem when doing some testing with a T91 upper.

Taiwanese T91 upper by Wolf

At the 25 minute mark.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Military Arms Channel just had a similar problem when doing some testing with a T91 upper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQQBo0LDpII

At the 25 minute mark.
View Quote
That's a Surefeed E2.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 12:27:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
G.I. mags do that.  All of 'em.
View Quote
No, not the Center mags my bro gave me from his first deployment. I replaced the followers with Magpul, but they don’t catch at all like the Surefeed.

I’m going to run the hell out of them in the next day or two when I make it to the range and pay closer attention to the possible issue.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 12:34:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQQBo0LDpII

At the 25 minute mark.
View Quote
Yeah. Pretty much what I’m noticing as far as it hanging up on the Surefeed. Nobody else experienced this issue?

I swear every few years I dick around with metal mags and always end up back with Gen 2 PMags. The ONLY mag I’ve never had any issues with. YMMV
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#8]
They're better than any G.I. mag by a long shot.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top