[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Engineer5:
What am I missing here......................

$6000 Mk12 Mod1
Did he mean a Mk 11?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:
What am I missing here......................

$6000 Mk12 Mod1
View Quote
He really doesn't want to get married so he is "trying" to sell a rifle to buy a ring. No rifle sale, no ring, no wedding.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:20:18 PM EDT
[#3]
OK guys, after a series of buying cheap and flipping i have VERY cost effectively came across both the Leupold 3.5-10x40 m3 LR/t and the 2.5-8x36 m2 illum tmr (67925).  I haven't finalized my build, but there is no way it will be an early mod0 so my options are open to either optic. The problem is i have to sell one to make my bank account whole. I just cant decide which one is "better". I am use to having a parallax adjustment, but im not sure how important that really is? Also the recital on in the 2.5-8 seems to be very picky with eye relief, it shifts around alot based on shift in cheek weld ( maybe that evens out at distances further than across my living room?) . Anyways, just looking for some input from guys that have shot both
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:38:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#4]
No issues on the reticle or eye relief with the 2.5-8x36. That being said, I think the 3.5-10 looks best on the mod 0 and the extra magnification doesn't hurt.

8 power at 1000 yards
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:40:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By oneofus:
OK guys, after a series of buying cheap and flipping i have VERY cost effectively came across both the Leupold 3.5-10x40 m3 LR/t and the 2.5-8x36 m2 illum tmr (67925).  I haven't finalized my build, but there is no way it will be an early mod0 so my options are open to either optic. The problem is i have to sell one to make my bank account whole. I just cant decide which one is "better". I am use to having a parallax adjustment, but im not sure how important that really is? Also the recital on in the 2.5-8 seems to be very picky with eye relief, it shifts around alot based on shift in cheek weld ( maybe that evens out at distances further than across my living room?) . Anyways, just looking for some input from guys that have shot both
View Quote
Only option is to do 2 builds, 1 for each optic.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:56:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By sbye:
No issues on the reticle or eye relief with the 2.5-8x36. That being said, I think the 3.5-10 looks best on the mod 0 and the extra magnification doesn't hurt.

8 power at 1000 yards
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260726/20180818_181710-726902.jpg
View Quote
Probably just the way the pic was taken but man that scope does not look level
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

Probably just the way the pic was taken but man that scope does not look level
View Quote
haha yeah, it's the picture. I had to double check it after I took that.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 12:14:02 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
I would suggest looking at each outside at distance, I had both the ts30a2 and the m110 fde and chose the m110 scope.
You see alot more detail and get alot more out of the 3.5-10, to me it was no contest once I noticed the difference.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 1:19:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Norinco982lover] [#9]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 3:22:05 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
The 2.5-8 is the most correct across Mod 1s and late Mod 0s. There were some onesy-twosies but they predominately had 3-9 MR/Ts. If you're not going for a specific build with a 3.5-10 swapped on down to the smallest detail, go 2.5-8.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RMiller:

I would suggest looking at each outside at distance, I had both the ts30a2 and the m110 fde and chose the m110 scope.
You see alot more detail and get alot more out of the 3.5-10, to me it was no contest once I noticed the difference.
View Quote
I agree. From a shooting standpoint the 3.5-10 is way better. You have a much higher probability of seeing your own bullet trace and shot placement with the bigger glass.

I have the 3.5-10x40mm Leupy, 112633, NF 2.5-10x24mm and NF 3.5-15x50mm on my 4 Mk12's. Each are good scopes  but big glass is bigger fun IMO.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Got started on a ops 3rd model two piece collar

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:41:33 PM EDT
[#14]
What’s the proper gas port size on a SPR barrel? I got a WOA in and it seems large at .108.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 3:54:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yojimbo] [#15]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
What’s the proper gas port size on a SPR barrel? I got a WOA in and it seems large at .108.
View Quote
I would like to know as well.  I am looking at both WOA and Rainier Ultra Match SPR barrels and leaning towards Rainier.  One of the reasons is that it has a .098 gas port and they claim has been tested to run properly when suppressed.

WOA told me the .108 gas port they use may require an adjustable gas block so it can be tuned to run suppressed.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Need someone to school me on these Brownells and Nodak Spud M16A1 lowers. I feel like I'm missing something obvious. They don't seem to be anything like the Colt M16A1 lower. Different font, different markings, etc. Is it just the minimalistic design to it and the "-16A1" marking that people want? I assume you can't get the pony engraved due to copyright restrictions so what's the advantage of these guys over any other mil-spec lower?
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Brockoli1010:
Need someone to school me on these Brownells and Nodak Spud M16A1 lowers. I feel like I'm missing something obvious. They don't seem to be anything like the Colt M16A1 lower. Different font, different markings, etc. Is it just the minimalistic design to it and the "-16A1" marking that people want? I assume you can't get the pony engraved due to copyright restrictions so what's the advantage of these guys over any other mil-spec lower?
View Quote
The external profile.  I don't expect it is anymore.

Dan
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
It's the correct profile.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AGR1279:

Dan
View All Quotes

Dan
1 second!
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 5:44:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brockoli1010] [#20]

Dan
View All Quotes

Dan
Thanks, knew it had to be obvious .

Appears from Brownells Q&A that it will take normal LPKs and fit with your standard A2 upper so that’s good. Is black or gray more clone correct for a Mod 0 or does that not matter?
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Grey would be more correct for the A1 lower.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#22]

Appears from Brownells Q&A that it will take normal LPKs and fit with your standard A2 upper so that’s good. Is black or gray more clone correct for a Mod 0 or does that not matter?
View All Quotes

Dan

There are no mechanical differences between an A1 and A2 lower.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Does anyone know where I might find a technical manual for a mk12 mod 1? It would be a nice addition to my rifle. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Silvertdi:
Does anyone know where I might find a technical manual for a mk12 mod 1? It would be a nice addition to my rifle. Thanks in advance.
View Quote
I have the user manual in pdf. PM me your email address
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Mod 0 with Mod 1 scope....can I post here?

Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:15:55 PM EDT
[#26]
So my new barrel is still extremely tight, need to use a rubber mallet to get the PRI FSB on...and it hasn't even been duracoted black yet

would it be full retard to very lightly run some sandpaper on the interior of the FSB and take it down a hair? If it barely fits now it sure as hell won't fit with the duracoat on top so I need to figure something out
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:24:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By drago6:
So my new barrel is still extremely tight, need to use a rubber mallet to get the PRI FSB on...and it hasn't even been duracoted black yet

would it be full retard to very lightly run some sandpaper on the interior of the FSB and take it down a hair? If it barely fits now it sure as hell won't fit with the duracoat on top so I need to figure something out
View Quote
Make a wedge out of something non-marring and spread the ears apart slightly.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:53:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Regarding the WOA barrel gas port, I have an 18" WOA SS barrel on my Mk 12 Mod 1 and it runs like a swiss watch no matter if the suppressor is attached or not.  I have to conclude that the gas port size must therefor be fine just as it is.    It's all set up as as a straight rifle gas system, nothing fancy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By MirrorMirror:
Regarding the WOA barrel gas port, I have an 18" WOA SS barrel on my Mk 12 Mod 1 and it runs like a swiss watch no matter if the suppressor is attached or not.  I have to conclude that the gas port size must therefor be fine just as it is.    It's all set up as as a straight rifle gas system, nothing fancy.
View Quote
That’s good th know, thanks!

BTW, what suppressors are you running with your WOA barrel?
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:

That’s good th know, thanks!

BTW, what suppressors are you running with your WOA barrel?
View Quote
Before I pulled mine semi-apart for my Seal Recce which needed a p/w and handguard, my mod 1 (not fully clone correct) shot fantastic suppressed and unsuppresed, WOA 7 twist barrel (rifle gas).  I was using a YHM phantom 7.62 on it.  The B-GRF trigger, when suppressed, bumpfired like a badass from the shoulder which was fun.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
I just picked up one of their lowers when they were on sale a couple weeks back. This is the Grey A1.

The parts kits are going to be the same as an A2.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I cant seem to find any recently sold listings for a 2.5-10x24 mil/mil uncapped?

Has anyone seen go recently? Thinking about swapping mine out for a 3-18 mk6
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 9:42:16 PM EDT
[#33]
I just picked up one of their lowers when they were on sale a couple weeks back. This is the Grey A1.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260726/20190123_184728-819073.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260726/20190123_184711-819074.jpg

View All Quotes

Boy that looks sexy..

I read some reviews about people not happy with Brownell’s grey so I was considering hopping on Nodak’s waitlist (since I’m going to be waiting for the can I thought might as well). But yours looks really good and it’s making me seriously reconsider.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Boy that looks sexy..

I read some reviews about people not happy with Brownell’s grey so I was considering hopping on Nodak’s waitlist (since I’m going to be waiting for the can I thought might as well). But yours looks really good and it’s making me seriously reconsider.
View All Quotes

Boy that looks sexy..

If you paint it as you should, the color won't matter.

Can't remember if I ordered mine in gray or not. I painted it almost immediately.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#35]

Boy that looks sexy..

View Quote
I bought my Nodak Spud A1 lower in black as it is closer in color to the upper I had. I did a little work on the lower to get it to closely match the upper.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 8:59:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Acetomco] [#36]
Great job on that OPS 3rd mod collar. My situation is that my Mod 1 is unfinished because the clone (faux) OPS can I ordered and paid for from a board member in October of 2017 has yet to be delivered. You should hear the excuses I listen to on the phone from that guy. It's as if he finds the entire situation amusing . I can't even get a tracking number for the can he says was shipped in both 2017 and again a few weeks ago in 2019. Maybe you guys can help me out with a poll. Do I " take the beating like everyone " or start by asking if anyone else is in the same boat and out their funds. I guess it just boils down to  " the way you see it " right?
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 3:43:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daojag] [#37]
ETA:  I assume by clone, you don't mean faux.

NFA items don't mysteriously disappear in shipping.  Do you have an S/N for it?  That's the kind of shit I'd bring the ATF in for if you're being given actual S/N's and then the can never materializes.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Acetomco:
Great job on that OPS 3rd mod collar. My situation is that my Mod 1 is unfinished because the clone OPS can I ordered and paid for from a board member in October of 2017 has yet to be delivered. You should hear the excuses I listen to on the phone from that guy. It's as if he finds the entire situation amusing . I can't even get a tracking number for the can he says was shipped in both 2017 and again a few weeks ago in 2019. Maybe you guys can help me out with a poll. Do I " take the beating like everyone " or start by asking if anyone else is in the same boat and out their funds. I guess it just boils down to  " the way you see it " right?
View Quote
An actual suppressor???  Or are you talking about some kind of fake can, here?
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 7:32:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Acetomco] [#39]
Faux Ops 12th can. The type made to order for every other person here. The kind that were sold in the $157 range. I am beginning to believe that it was never shipped in the first place. No tracking and a general lack of concern or care on the phone when it comes to providing a tracking number for over a year now. I paid with a USPS postal money order and mailed it into the state of Texas in October of 2017. Looks like I am S.O.L. in the leg to stand on department. My options are limited to none. I just want everyone to be aware of the situation and that it could happen to them next if it hasn't already.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Faux Ops 12th can. The type made to order for every other person here. The kind that were sold in the $157 range. I am beginning to believe that it was never shipped in the first place. No tracking and a general lack of concern or care on the phone when it comes to providing a tracking number for over a year now. I paid with a USPS postal money order and mailed it into the state of Texas in October of 2017. Looks like I am S.O.L. in the leg to stand on department. My options are limited to none. I just want everyone to be aware of the situation and that it could happen to them next if it hasn't already.
View Quote
If it was from the EE here take it to the Mods. They will make him provide more info and follow through, or risk losing his account.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 9:48:36 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
Was his username HARMS4X?
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 11:05:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Is Braceman still re-profiling A2 to A1 80% lowers?   Can someone pm me his contact info?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 11:11:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By JackHass:
Is Braceman still re-profiling A2 to A1 80% lowers?   Can someone pm me his contact info?

Thanks!
View Quote
He's washed his hands of the business.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 11:36:46 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes

Thanks!
Damn!!  Late to the party as usual 😂
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 12:21:58 PM EDT
[#45]

Damn!!  Late to the party as usual 😂
View Quote
Just get a Nodak.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 1:23:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

Just get a Nodak.  
View Quote
Yea.  Just saw that they have A1 profiles.   Hopefully they’re in stock.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
I ordered mine from HARMS4X back in July 2018 and received it early last month.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By jrs93accord:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jrs93accord:
I was one of the few folks that ordered when his Lathe went down. It took several months but it eventually got to my doorstep..
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

Just get a Nodak.  
When I Pre-Orderd my A1 with No-Dak I waited a full year to get mine

Link Posted: 1/27/2019 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:

When I Pre-Orderd my A1 with No-Dak I waited a full year to get mine

https://i.postimg.cc/NGmk2vtk/5-C8-C998-D-11-F2-4-F9-D-8-D5-D-AB11-D2111904.jpg
View Quote
Handsome pair.
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top