Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
AR Sponsor
Previous Page
/ 1227
Next Page
9/1/2017 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#1]
How tough are scopes to come by for a mod0?
9/1/2017 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Weasel_Master:
How tough are scopes to come by for a mod0?
View Quote
How correct are you trying to be? Used 2.5-8s with illum TMR or Mildot pop up for not bad prices sometimes in the EE, but the older 3-9 marked ones, good luck.

3.5-10 is technically acceptable as well, but the 3-9/2.5-8 is smaller and gives you more room for activities.
9/1/2017 1:05:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quote History
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:


How correct are you trying to be? Used 2.5-8s with illum TMR or Mildot pop up for not bad prices sometimes in the EE, but the older 3-9 marked ones, good luck.

3.5-10 is technically acceptable as well, but the 3-9/2.5-8 is smaller and gives you more room for activities.
View Quote
What sort of prices do used ones fetch in the US?  I never look since they can't be exported to Canada anyway (ITAR).  

I almost never seen them used up here, and ndew ones are about $1,900
9/1/2017 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I have mil overrun Mk262 Mod1 (AA53) listed in the EE, if it interests anyone.
On Time. On Target.
9/1/2017 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Mister_Donut:
What sort of prices do used ones fetch in the US?  I never look since they can't be exported to Canada anyway (ITAR).  

I almost never seen them used up here, and ndew ones are about $1,900
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Mister_Donut:
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:


How correct are you trying to be? Used 2.5-8s with illum TMR or Mildot pop up for not bad prices sometimes in the EE, but the older 3-9 marked ones, good luck.

3.5-10 is technically acceptable as well, but the 3-9/2.5-8 is smaller and gives you more room for activities.
What sort of prices do used ones fetch in the US?  I never look since they can't be exported to Canada anyway (ITAR).  

I almost never seen them used up here, and ndew ones are about $1,900
Depends, anywhere from 700s+ depending on illum/non illum, turrets, age, overall condition.
9/1/2017 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#6]
9/1/2017 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Which version of RMR has been seen floating around in the wild on the mod 1?
9/1/2017 6:47:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ShaneWang][Edited] [#8]
Skid Kidz
HMLA-467 SABERS
HMLA-269 GUNRUNNERS
9/1/2017 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Mister_Donut:

What sort of prices do used ones fetch in the US?  I never look since they can't be exported to Canada anyway (ITAR).  

I almost never seen them used up here, and ndew ones are about $1,900
View Quote
I just found a Mark 4 3.5-10 with illum mildot reticle for 550 shipped.  I definitely FOed.
9/2/2017 12:28:16 AM EDT
[#10]
9/2/2017 12:40:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Skid Kidz
HMLA-467 SABERS
HMLA-269 GUNRUNNERS
9/2/2017 12:48:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Ok. What gives?  Shane Wang matching pics with Lancecriminal?

Kind of cool, but is there a back story to this unspoken game?
9/2/2017 12:57:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Mister_Donut:
Ok. What gives?  Shane Wang matching pics with Lancecriminal?

Kind of cool, but is there a back story to this unspoken game?
View Quote
It is, and it's his move:

9/2/2017 1:05:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ShaneWang][Edited] [#14]
Sure, whatever
Skid Kidz
HMLA-467 SABERS
HMLA-269 GUNRUNNERS
9/2/2017 1:41:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quote History
Originally Posted By ShaneWang:
Sure, whatever
https://i.imgur.com/bXO6lrA.jpg
View Quote
Good comeback, hahahaaha.....
PSALMS 144-1 Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to warre, and my fingers to fight
9/2/2017 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Originally Posted By ShaneWang:
Sure, whatever
https://i.imgur.com/bXO6lrA.jpg
View Quote
HAHAHA, that right there got me rolling.. lol
9/2/2017 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#17]
I still have my gas buster and the fake ops inc can for sale in ee. Someone on this thread needs these.
9/2/2017 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#18]
What's better than a day on the farm trucking around and shooting?

9/2/2017 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't care about the game but I love the pics it produces.  Those are the coolest handguards made.  I wish someone would make that barrel nut.
9/2/2017 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#20]
For all you guys running a2 stocks...what buffer weight are you using? I'm running a spikes t2 with a spikes spacer and the bolt isn't locking back on an empty mag. Any guesses?
9/2/2017 2:30:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault][Edited] [#21]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Rothperson87:
For all you guys running a2 stocks...what buffer weight are you using? I'm running a spikes t2 with a spikes spacer and the bolt isn't locking back on an empty mag. Any guesses?
View Quote
Regular milspec buffer is all you need.  I've built a few, none have ever had any problems

Just curious why you went with that setup?
9/2/2017 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Originally Posted By chenault:
I don't care about the game but I love the pics it produces.  Those are the coolest handguards made.  I wish someone would make that barrel nut.
View Quote
It is kond of cool.  They're matching images pretty good, almost the exact same angle and framing inside the pic.  And quality oics to boot, not shitty cell phone cam pics.

Keep 'em coming!
9/2/2017 2:40:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Mister_Donut:


It is kond of cool.  They're matching images pretty good, almost the exact same angle and framing inside the pic.  And quality oics to boot, not shitty cell phone cam pics.

Keep 'em coming!
View Quote
There aren't very many close ups of those parts they took a pic of
9/2/2017 3:43:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSOUNN][Edited] [#24]
Okay.. so I'm trying to figure out if this will work.. I like the Holland but like the KAC RAS FF more.. Will the RAS FF work with the BA 16" SPR Barrel, giving me the looks of a Holland, w/ the collar sitting in front of the rail.. Just say I want a 16" version of the Mod 1
9/2/2017 3:48:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hitman4Actual][Edited] [#25]
Quote History
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:
Okay.. so I'm trying to figure out if this will work.. I like the Holland but like the KAC RAS FF more.. Will the RAS FF work with the BA 16" SPR Barrel, giving me the looks of a Holland, w/ the collar sitting in front of the rail.. Just say I want a 16" version of the Mod 1
View Quote
Yes it will. The recce rifle thread is what you seek for pictures. 
9/2/2017 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:
Okay.. so I'm trying to figure out if this will work.. I like the Holland but like the KAC RAS FF more.. Will the RAS FF work with the BA 16" SPR Barrel, giving me the looks of a Holland, w/ the collar sitting in front of the rail.. Just say I want a 16" version of the Mod 1
View Quote
First of all the correct answer is build both.

There is actually a 15. something version that looks better I think that's on the Recce page as was mentioned above.

This is my 16" that is in parts right now to someday chop down to the 15. ______

Attached File


Attached File
9/2/2017 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#27]
For Christ's sake, someone sell me their mod 1! I've got money burning a hole in my PayPal!
9/2/2017 4:03:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Originally Posted By chenault:
First of all the correct answer is build both.

There is actually a 15. something version that looks better I think that's on the Recce page as was mentioned above.

This is my 16" that is in parts right now to someday chop down to the 15. ______

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340785/IMG_3471_zpsryiazl2j-297309.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340785/IMG_3459_zpsxqnkocu8-297313.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By chenault:
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:
Okay.. so I'm trying to figure out if this will work.. I like the Holland but like the KAC RAS FF more.. Will the RAS FF work with the BA 16" SPR Barrel, giving me the looks of a Holland, w/ the collar sitting in front of the rail.. Just say I want a 16" version of the Mod 1
First of all the correct answer is build both.

There is actually a 15. something version that looks better I think that's on the Recce page as was mentioned above.

This is my 16" that is in parts right now to someday chop down to the 15. ______

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340785/IMG_3471_zpsryiazl2j-297309.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340785/IMG_3459_zpsxqnkocu8-297313.JPG
Your Rifles never seem to disappoint me.. lol but I like the looks of that..
9/2/2017 4:10:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault][Edited] [#29]
Quote History
Originally Posted By ChandlerKJ:
For Christ's sake, someone sell me their mod 1! I've got money burning a hole in my PayPal!
View Quote
You don't want to build one?

On second thought, from your post I see patience is not your strong suite
9/2/2017 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Originally Posted By chenault:


You don't want to build one?

On second thought, from your post I see patience is not your strong suite
View Quote
I've done a mod 1 and mod 0. Sadly and stupidly I've sold both. You are correct. I get impatient. I generally see a cost savings where someone wants to dump theirs quickly when they need cash vs sourcing parts individually and then building. Both are fun though. I'm anxious to shoot as well.
9/2/2017 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone interested in a Centurion Arms MK12 Barrel w/ 200rds (100rds IMI 69gr, 50rds IMI 77gr OTM, and 50rds BH 77gr OTM) down the pipe.. I'll include a Short Collar ONLY for free.. PM/IM me..

P.S. It's still mounted on the rifle..
9/2/2017 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Just did a tally of how much my MK12 MOD1 cost with suppressor...

$3345

Hell it still needs a gas buster CH, upgrade to illuminated scope and ergo grip

Another $400 and it will be correct....dammit I still need NLS rings
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms
Thomas Jefferson

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.
- Thomas Jefferson
9/3/2017 12:36:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Definitely some differences between the issed upper's HG and the "Oddball" Gen I/evolutionary one. Starting to think again this was between Gen I and Gen II like Wheelman's was, as the handguard collar is flat, while the issued ones were a weird "Stepped" design.

Issued SPR/Mk12 Mod 0 upper by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr

Gen I Issued HG collar vs Oddball Gen I/interim HG by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr

Gen I oddball vs Gen I Issued SPR upper by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr

Dueling FSBs by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr
9/3/2017 1:41:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quote History
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
Just did a tally of how much my MK12 MOD1 cost with suppressor...

$3345

Hell it still needs a gas buster CH, upgrade to illuminated scope and ergo grip

Another $400 and it will be correct....dammit I still need NLS rings
View Quote
Amateur

blcouch
?
?

?
•2004
•192
•100% (3)
AL, USA
?
I built this gun April-August 2005 and got the can in September 2006

Posted: 11/14/2007 11:46:31 AM CDT
maybe not. if you get all the ".mil" parts, and purchase them yourself with shipping and not getting a dealer discount, you can be close.

my upper tally(of top of my head):

barrel,brake,collar-450
kac ffras- 350
upper- 120
rings- 120
scope- 750
troy buis- 240
assembly,bcg,shipping,cleaning rod,etc- 560
i get 2590 there

add another 200-300 shipping for parts and sending parts to builder to assemble forend and barrel correctly,2890. throw in a 12th model, tax,fee, you get another 1350 on top of that. sopmod stock, spr grip, lower adds another 400 or so. i get 4640. give or take 100-200 for lapse of memory as i built this gun 2 years ago. and you get a general idea. could have spent much less, but i wanted what i saw in pics of specops guys and i went by the .mil parts list i had. you can get the same performance for probably hundreds less than i paid. i have what i want and i had the money to spend, so i don't regret it.

ymmv

I think it was actually right at $4700 total.  12 years ago.
"Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt. That's the first thing they teach you"
"Who taught you?"
"I don't remember. That's the second thing they teach you."
9/3/2017 10:10:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
Definitely some differences between the issed upper's HG and the "Oddball" Gen I/evolutionary one. Starting to think again this was between Gen I and Gen II like Wheelman's was, as the handguard collar is flat, while the issued ones were a weird "Stepped" design.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4336/36800714716_8a69173e39_o.jpgIssued SPR/Mk12 Mod 0 upper by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4436/36591221820_ee08da267c_o.jpgGen I Issued HG collar vs Oddball Gen I/interim HG by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4343/36800717076_6cec7d5010_o.jpgGen I oddball vs Gen I Issued SPR upper by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4442/36591222240_3207b2c1c1_o.jpgDueling FSBs by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr
View Quote
The vent holes in the oddball is very similar to a Gen II as well.
9/3/2017 3:03:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bleeintn][Edited] [#36]
Hello all. Thank you for the great info I've been reading about the mk 12.

I don't know if the  following questions have already been covered in the previous 800+ pages, but if not, I would appreciate some guidance.

1) I'm confused about the ARMS #22 with the "hump". Their 22-LII doesn't have the hump, but the majority of the ones I (think I) have seen are the regular #22. I assumed the LII model is the newer one? So, the 22-LII is correct?

2) I know it doesn't necessarily make my Mod 1 a "clone", but will my SD BA SPR barrel get me a lot of grief once I post pics? (being the SS is only 1:8)

3) The Harris BRM-S with the KAC mount IS acceptable. Correct?

On a side note, I picked up some IMI 77gr otm with a good price. How similar is this to the .mil mk262?


Thank you in advance for the answers.
9/3/2017 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quote History
Originally Posted By blcouch:



Amateur

blcouch
?
?

?
•2004
•192
•100% (3)
AL, USA
?
I built this gun April-August 2005 and got the can in September 2006

Posted: 11/14/2007 11:46:31 AM CDT
maybe not. if you get all the ".mil" parts, and purchase them yourself with shipping and not getting a dealer discount, you can be close.

my upper tally(of top of my head):

barrel,brake,collar-450
kac ffras- 350
upper- 120
rings- 120
scope- 750
troy buis- 240
assembly,bcg,shipping,cleaning rod,etc- 560
i get 2590 there

add another 200-300 shipping for parts and sending parts to builder to assemble forend and barrel correctly,2890. throw in a 12th model, tax,fee, you get another 1350 on top of that. sopmod stock, spr grip, lower adds another 400 or so. i get 4640. give or take 100-200 for lapse of memory as i built this gun 2 years ago. and you get a general idea. could have spent much less, but i wanted what i saw in pics of specops guys and i went by the .mil parts list i had. you can get the same performance for probably hundreds less than i paid. i have what i want and i had the money to spend, so i don't regret it.

ymmv

I think it was actually right at $4700 total.  12 years ago.
View Quote
I've got $5021 in mine
9/3/2017 3:45:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Bleeintn:
Hello all. Thank you for the great info I've been reading about the mk 12.

I don't know if the  following questions have already been covered in the previous 800+ pages, but if not, I would appreciate some guidance.

1) I'm confused about the ARMS #22 with the "hump". Their 22-LII doesn't have the hump, but the majority of the ones I (think I) have seen are the regular #22. I assumed the LII model is the newer one? So, the 22-LII is correct?

2) I know it doesn't necessarily make my Mod 1 a "clone", but will my SD BA SPR barrel get me a lot of grief once I post pics? (being the SS is only 1:8)

3) The Harris BRM-S with the KAC mount IS acceptable. Correct?

On a side note, I picked up some IMI 77gr otm with a good price. How similar is this to the .mil mk262?


Thank you in advance for the answers.
View Quote
You're GTG with #2 and #3.

As to #1, their current production ring are not GTG. They changed the lever design itself, and that came way after the Mk12 program was dead.

The issue of the lever humps is that the original ARMS rings had no humps, then later they added humps and adjusted the levers to only need 90 degress throw. Technically only the old ones with no humps are "correct", but nobody sweats if you have the later humped kind.
9/3/2017 4:02:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:


I've got $5021 in mine
View Quote
You win. If I were to factor in the price of the rifle I took apart for the lower I used and subtract what I sold the remnants for, I'd beat you.  In all fairness to the 'game', however, that would not have been good sport.
"Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt. That's the first thing they teach you"
"Who taught you?"
"I don't remember. That's the second thing they teach you."
9/3/2017 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I am not totally MK12-less now-a-days...

From today with the BCM Mod 1 upper (the gas block was changed to a Badger and the short collar changed to a long) and the awesome scope from Hunterex (lots of scratches and a few dings but surprisingly was pretty close to being on from the get go )

Overall a pretty good day of shooting.

Attached File
9/3/2017 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quote History
Originally Posted By blcouch:


You win. If I were to factor in the price of the rifle I took apart for the lower I used and subtract what I sold the remnants for, I'd beat you.  In all fairness to the 'game', however, that would not have been good sport.
View Quote
The two biggest pieces were the Leupold Mk4 and PEQ-2A
9/3/2017 7:01:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doc_Lane][Edited] [#42]
Quote History
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
I've got $5021 in mine
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
Originally Posted By blcouch:



Amateur

blcouch
?
?

?
•2004
•192
•100% (3)
AL, USA
?
I built this gun April-August 2005 and got the can in September 2006

Posted: 11/14/2007 11:46:31 AM CDT
maybe not. if you get all the ".mil" parts, and purchase them yourself with shipping and not getting a dealer discount, you can be close.

my upper tally(of top of my head):

barrel,brake,collar-450
kac ffras- 350
upper- 120
rings- 120
scope- 750
troy buis- 240
assembly,bcg,shipping,cleaning rod,etc- 560
i get 2590 there

add another 200-300 shipping for parts and sending parts to builder to assemble forend and barrel correctly,2890. throw in a 12th model, tax,fee, you get another 1350 on top of that. sopmod stock, spr grip, lower adds another 400 or so. i get 4640. give or take 100-200 for lapse of memory as i built this gun 2 years ago. and you get a general idea. could have spent much less, but i wanted what i saw in pics of specops guys and i went by the .mil parts list i had. you can get the same performance for probably hundreds less than i paid. i have what i want and i had the money to spend, so i don't regret it.

ymmv

I think it was actually right at $4700 total.  12 years ago.
I've got $5021 in mine
I am right behind you.  Based upon my parts list (where I recorded the cost of each part as I bought it), my total amount came to $4,965.

I'm not sure if that is something to be proud of, or not.  


Either way, it was worth it to me.  I absolutely love the rifle.



9/3/2017 7:07:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quote History
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:


The two biggest pieces were the Leupold Mk4 and PEQ-2A
View Quote
I don't have a PEQ and I use non-illuminated scopes.  Should I decide to get NV a PEQ type thing will be shortly behind.
"Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt. That's the first thing they teach you"
"Who taught you?"
"I don't remember. That's the second thing they teach you."
9/3/2017 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quote History
Originally Posted By KOBK:
I am not totally MK12-less now-a-days...

From today with the BCM Mod 1 upper (the gas block was changed to a Badger and the short collar changed to a long) and the awesome scope from Hunterex (lots of scratches and a few dings but surprisingly was pretty close to being on from the get go )

Overall a pretty good day of shooting.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/35735/mod1-298189.JPG
View Quote
9/3/2017 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Doc_Lane:


I am right behind you.  Based upon my parts list (where I recorded the cost of each part as I bought it), my total amount came to $4,965.

I'm not sure if that is something to be proud of, or not.  


Either way, it was worth it to me.  I absolutely love the rifle.



https://i.imgur.com/Dh3HbIf.jpg?1
View Quote
Great looking gun!
9/3/2017 11:49:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: snathan1][Edited] [#46]








My mod 1. Let the wait begin for my AEM5...
9/4/2017 12:50:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quote History
Originally Posted By KOBK:
I am not totally MK12-less now-a-days...

From today with the BCM Mod 1 upper (the gas block was changed to a Badger and the short collar changed to a long) and the awesome scope from Hunterex (lots of scratches and a few dings but surprisingly was pretty close to being on from the get go )

Overall a pretty good day of shooting.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/35735/mod1-298189.JPG
View Quote
I mean, you climbed to the top of the mountain and at one point had more wheel FSBs than anyone around.


We need to get you a Mk12 "been there done that, got the t-shirt" with all the mods on it.
9/4/2017 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 78Staff:

Well after another smokey day at the range lol, I decided to try it... Ordered one (Bootleg Adjustable Carrier) from Brownells, should be here in time for holiday weekend fun :).

I'm hoping nobody tells me I could have saved $200 by permatex'ing my Gas Buster LOL
View Quote
Well, so far the BootLeg Adj. Carrier is a bust.  I'm not sure if the MK12 with 18" barrel and Rifle Length gas system and the 12th model just doesn't create that much back-pressure, but I could only get the MK12 with Suppressor to run on the U (unsupressed) setting.  All other 3 would fail to cycle, and even on U it wouldn't cycle every time.  Taking of the 12th it wouldn't cycle on the U setting either, so it's just cutting off too much gas on all settings, it appears, at least for this setup.  This was using MK262 Mod 1 ammo, but i also tried some XM193 and 855 as well.

Not sure if I want to bother with it on another setup I have a RC-SOCOM on a MK18 and a BCM 14.5/Mid length I could toss it in, or just return it.
---
NRA Life Member
USN Retired
9/4/2017 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#49]
So just trying to figure out, is there any anodizer doing engraved lowers without the faux engraved these days?
9/4/2017 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#50]
MK12 Monday, peasants




Skid Kidz
HMLA-467 SABERS
HMLA-269 GUNRUNNERS

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 1227
Next Page
AR Sponsor