Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 2:22:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: deadpunch] [#1]
Redacted last message.  Tried putting up of my factory sealed winged ARMS #38 PEQ 2-3 up for offer/trade and got flam-basted for it by about 5 different MOD's on ARF (because I didn't have a set price).  Rules are rules.  I'll share the ad when and where it goes up but if you're looking for one, one is coming available soon.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ilikebmxbikes:
Here is one with a 10x m3a or m3.  If you need one of these scopes let me know.

https://i.imgur.com/E0tjuuv.jpg
View Quote

That isn't you is it?  This looks exactly like a guy from another one of our teams.  Odd.  

At any rate I have a scope already for my build but was torn between how to mount it;  I have the kac rail on mine; wonder now if that sleeve will fit.  I should go check.  The one we had didn't have that swan sleeve on it though.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Charger1234:

That isn't you is it?  This looks exactly like a guy from another one of our teams.  Odd.  

At any rate I have a scope already for my build but was torn between how to mount it;  I have the kac rail on mine; wonder now if that sleeve will fit.  I should go check.  The one we had didn't have that swan sleeve on it though.
View Quote

That's Robert James Miller
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 3:09:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Ah nope, not Scott.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 3:36:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

That's Robert James Miller
View Quote

Damn. What a soldier. RIP
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By deadpunch:
Redacted last message.  Tried putting up of my factory sealed winged ARMS #38 PEQ 2-3 up for offer/trade and got flam-basted for it by about 5 different MOD's on ARF (because I didn't have a set price).  Rules are rules.  I'll share the ad when and where it goes up but if you're looking for one, one is coming available soon.
View Quote

If you want people to bid on it, put it on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:52:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ringer706] [#7]
Finally! Requesting permission to join the cool kids club With any luck the form 4 should come back in the next few weeks too and it'll be done for good.

ETA: Not going to name names, but to the user on here who got me setup with a surplus case, THANK YOU! And thank you to the rest of y'all as well!

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:21:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ringer706:
Finally! Requesting permission to join the cool kids club With any luck the form 4 should come back in the next few weeks too and it'll be done for good.

ETA: Not going to name names, but to the user on here who got me setup with a surplus case, THANK YOU! And thank you to the rest of y'all as well!

https://i.imgur.com/mxqNONJ.jpg
View Quote

Good start! Want to know the dozen plus things that need corrected now that you have a case or would you rather not know?

Seriously, sometimes it’s better for your sanity to not know!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:24:26 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Congrats!!  Looks great.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:00:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DStepec:

Good start! Want to know the dozen plus things that need corrected now that you have a case or would you rather not know?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah...I know, but if I got it all right on the first try, where's the fun in that?

Lets see...the optic/rings will get corrected eventually, an A1 grip is in the mail, weighing a russian paint receiver, I'm probably never going to swap in correct-vintage KAC parts, and my barrel is HCS not surplus. Ummm, cleaning kit is tan not black? What'd I miss?? Honestly though, the sprint was to get to this point, now the marathon is finding the rest. Makes me really appreciate the knowledge sharing here.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:11:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gremyashchy1911] [#11]

View Quote

That looks awesome!  Might want to adjust the seal on the lid of the case tho looks to be twisted pretty good.
That's a mice looking bore guide  you grab one from shark?......

Edit : Any reason to run the sling adapter on the front of the sling mount and not behind it? I just went off the instructions in the bag but not sure if for comfort or other reason.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:03:17 AM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:14:20 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

I feel somehow responsible for this....
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:38:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TW56] [#14]
Edit: I acquired a Mk12 Pelican 1700 case through this thread. Thanks!

If a member has a surplus Pelican 1700 deployment case they are considering getting rid of I could use one. Please send me a IM or email.

Thanks,
TW56
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:03:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ringer706] [#15]
Originally Posted By Gremyashchy1911:

That looks awesome!  Might want to adjust the seal on the lid of the case tho looks to be twisted pretty good.

Edit : Any reason to run the sling adapter on the front of the sling mount and not behind it? I just went off the instructions in the bag but not sure if for comfort or other reason.
View All Quotes

I've got a guy who knows a guy. I'll check.

And for the sling, I put it in front of the sling mount for two reasons. First, even tightened up, it felt like it was wanting to slide off the back of the stock if any rearward pressure was put on it, and second, it's a good tactile sort of reference point in that location so I can get my eye relief set a little quicker. Just seems to work a little better for me but YMMV.

ETA: Thanks for pointing out the lid seal, I hadn't noticed that. Got it fixed now.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:05:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ringer706] [#16]
Originally Posted By TW56:
If a member has a surplus Pelican 1700 deployment case they are considering getting rid of I could use one. Please send me a IM or email.

My Mod 1 is quite similar to ringer706's rifle he posted. I like guessing how many non original current productions parts that truly need correcting so I am going to wait until I find a deployment case before posting a picture. I am a surplus take off barrel and female end Dewey rod ahead of ringer706.

Thanks,
TW56
View Quote

There's a lot of feelings I need to work through when I start questioning whether I'm more jealous of a barrel.... or a cleaning rod.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone wanna swap gen 2 stuff for gen 3?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 3:45:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: deadpunch] [#18]
I got an email from these guys about an AEM-5 being in stock just a couple mins ago.  It's showing out of stock just 2 minutes after looking but maybe it's coming?  Hope someone gets lucky.

https://chargerarms.com/shop/allen-engineering/silencers/rifle-silencers/allen-aem5

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Are Vero Beach marked RAS panels correct for mod 1, or cage code or something else?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:52:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gremyashchy1911] [#20]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:
Are Vero Beach marked RAS panels correct for mod 1, or cage code or something else?
View Quote

Ones I have seen are marked Vero Beach, FL may be some that are not marked I have also seen some that are not cage marked so those may be early ones as well. Not sure if they vero beach or not.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#22]
So much awesomeness today.  Got word my mod 0 barrel should be back from having flats milled soon, Crane gas blocks on the EE, and now this...
(Thanks for hooking me up RM!)

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:20:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Are vero marked panels hard to find or desireable?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Ones I have seen are marked Vero Beach, FL may be some that are not marked I have also seen some that are not cage marked so those may be early ones as well. Not sure if they vero beach or not.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

Thanks.  So far the few photos I've found good enough quality to zoom in said Knights Armament without cage code or had nothing at all. Though I admit it's hard to tell zooming in, especially if it's been rattlecanned.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:22:25 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Seriously, sometimes it's better for your sanity to not know!!

Somehow?
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 8:33:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Anyone know what kind of finish is on the OG Ops Inc 12th?  Looks like some kind of black oxide finish. Thought it was parkerizing but I don't think you can parkerize stainless.  I really prefer that over the black cerakote on the AEM5... plus it would match all my other Ops Inc cans.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Messiah:
Anyone know what kind of finish is on the OG Ops Inc 12th?  Looks like some kind of black oxide finish. Thought it was parkerizing but I don't think you can parkerize stainless.  I really prefer that over the black cerakote on the AEM5... plus it would match all my other Ops Inc cans.  
View Quote

Pretty sure it was black oxide, which the AEM5 was as well until the vendor AE used moved back to Cali (if I remember correctly).  Maybe @SDMF_Rebel or @Hunterex can confirm.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 8:01:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
Somehow?
View Quote

You know me too well.

But I do like when recent victims continue the misery spreading.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Anyone need a AEM5
https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/899844293
Good lord that thing is running hot!
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone need a AEM5
https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/899844293
Good lord that thing is running hot!
View Quote

One hour 53 minutes to go when I checked. $2125.00
Still wonder what an original OPS 12th 5.56 labeled model would go for.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 5:00:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By edwin907:

One hour 53 minutes to go when I checked. $2125.00
Still wonder what an original OPS 12th 5.56 labeled model would go for.
View Quote

Would make me go get a unreasonable loan from the bank
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Did they ever come in stock at the charger arms link? Kind of absurd how high they're going for. That's more than I paid for my Legacy FA762SS and new lol.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 5RWill:
Did they ever come in stock at the charger arms link? Kind of absurd how high they're going for. That's more than I paid for my Legacy FA762SS and new lol.
View Quote

From what I have seen no they did not. I signed back up for the link and have not seen it show back up.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#34]

From what I have seen no they did not. I signed back up for the link and have not seen it show back up.
View Quote

Good news is I talked to Ron he said they should become available in the next 2-3 months. I was asking him if they were going to become unobtainable. Cause i just went through that with the surefire that i basically paid 2k for after the stamp.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#35]

Good news is I talked to Ron he said they should become available in the next 2-3 months. I was asking him if they were going to become unobtainable. Cause i just went through that with the surefire that i basically paid 2k for after the stamp.
View All Quotes

That would be great.  I've had a backorder in with DSG since December.  Maybe there's hope!
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:19:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Reserved and paid for another AEM5 at Capitol Armory Today when I was there picking up my SBS.  Should be coming in on the Summer batch.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:44:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Reserved and paid for another AEM5 at Capitol Armory Today when I was there picking up my SBS.  Should be coming in on the Summer batch.
View Quote

I’m signed up for a reminder that’s where i got my FA762SS. Can you only reserve in person?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:58:18 AM EDT
[#38]

I’m signed up for a reminder that’s where i got my FA762SS. Can you only reserve in person?
View Quote

Call and check.  I think others have reserved theirs as well at CA. They should be able to do one online or on the phone too.  By far one of the most well run and organized FFL/SOT I have been to.   CA does really make it easy to buy since they have my pic, trust and fingerprints on file.   I was just mentioning to them I needed another one for my Mod 0 build and they said most of them have been sold already, and should have one for me on the next batch.  Not a big deal or wait since I have a AEM5 and 12th already.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#39]

Call and check.  I think others have reserved theirs as well at CA. They should be able to do one online or on the phone too.  By far one of the most well run and organized FFL/SOT I have been to.   CA does really make it easy to buy since they have my pic, trust and fingerprints on file.   I was just mentioning to them I needed another one for my Mod 0 build and they said most of them have been sold already, and should have one for me on the next batch.  Not a big deal or wait since I have a AEM5 and 12th already.
View Quote

I agree they're great to do business with. I emailed them and Jorge called me and let me place one. So officially snagged one. Just on the wait now.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#40]
What height NF rings you dudes using with your x24? I’m leaning towards the 1.375” over the 1.5”...
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By USMCSGT0331:
Just listed some Crane gas blocks in the EE:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/WTS-Mk12-Mod-1-Crane-gas-blocks/22-2139025/
View Quote

These are great, got mine today.  Interesting to see the differences from current production from Badger and PRI. Main difference from the badger I recently purchased is the finish, gas port hole size, and the hex screws.  Went to install one today on my mod 1 build but quickly discovered I'm out of roll pins.  Still very cool.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Hopefully my AEM5 in 6.8 is in this batch.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:48:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Peq2 looks good on there, but damn could this rifle get any heavier???
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By js1977:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/438461/E53FD9EC-A9F6-447C-A1AB-4C9473703BB8_jpe-1943994.JPG
View Quote

Put it on the side and get a clip on
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:29:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By kmcale:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By js1977:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/438461/E53FD9EC-A9F6-447C-A1AB-4C9473703BB8_jpe-1943994.JPG

This is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:20:44 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

This is the correct answer.
View Quote
Fine! I ordered a KAC sling mount adapter with swivel sling connector, happy?

Ya'll are like a bunch of nagging women...
I'll add a pic when it comes in and I may or may not move the peq-2 just out of spite.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Just a heads up in case anyone working on a Mod1 needs them, there's a pair of ARMS 22H available on operations parts.

https://www.operationparts.com/arms-22h-high-height-throw-lever-30mm-scope-rings/
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#48]
I need the Arms #22 mediums anyone out there has a set they don't want anymore....
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Txhounddog:
I need the Arms #22 mediums anyone out there has a set they don't want anymore....
View Quote

Me to, this has proved to be the elusive item for my MoD 0. I have a set of highs, that will be what I’m going to run now until I find mediums. I found a set of lows and unfortunately they are to low.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 12:43:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: deadpunch] [#50]
In regards to the Mod 1 hand guard, can anyone tell me the difference between the KAC RAS Long (P/N: 99167) and the KAC Free Float Rifle RAS (P/N: 21318) and which one would be correct for the Mod 1?  Or is it good to go with whatever one I run into first?  What's even more fun is some websites show the SKU 21318 but with a 99167  at Operation Parts  Where KAC themselves list the P/N as 21318 but the image shows know markings on the rail.  KAC
This is a head scratcher for me.  Juuuuuuuuuust want to make sure I'm searching for the right part just like when I bought an intermediate PRI tube for my Mod 0 by mistake and now that's just sitting in a drawer and can't be returned.

Thanks in advance.
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top