Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#1]
it's in even better shape than the pictures the seller sent and the glass is perfect. Came with a set of arms 22 mediums, but they are too low for me. A110s should be here Monday

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheShlouf:
it's in even better shape than the pictures the seller sent and the glass is perfect. Came with a set of arms 22 mediums, but they are too low for me. A110s should be here Monday

https://i.imgur.com/1qXOsy4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jOFduoG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xWTN6jf.jpg

View Quote

That is awesome!  Congrats on that score!  That is so cool.

On a side note anyone get the call on batch 3 preorders from Intl Mill (Russian Paint)?  Was a crap day at work and was just totally bummed out.  Then I get a text saying they're ready for the final payment and shipping.  Brightened my day entirely.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By deadpunch:

Do you have a link to it?  Curious what it's going/went for but I'm not seeing it.
View Quote

Sure can
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/898988889

Not sure if that’s ok to link to but that’s the rail
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

That’s beautiful super jealous and man that has to be the best reticle ever. Still wish my x50 was in NF’s milldot!
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:41:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mdavis] [#5]

View Quote

How many of the 2.5-10x24s were on Mod 1s? I haven't really been successful finding any ITW pictures. For every NF I see, there are 15 Leupold TS-30/TS-30A2 scopes on Mod 1s.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:50:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#6]
Originally Posted By mdavis:

Aside from the famous FDNY rifle, how many of the 2.5-10x24s were on Mod 1s? I haven't really been successful finding any ITW pictures aside from the FDNY gun and 1-2 others. For every NF I see, there are 15 Leupold TS-30/TS-30A2 scopes on Mod 1s.
View Quote

FDNY was a TS30. A lot of the Mod 1s with NFs were Navy.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mdavis:

Aside from the famous FDNY rifle, how many of the 2.5-10x24s were on Mod 1s? I haven't really been successful finding any ITW pictures aside from the FDNY gun and 1-2 others. For every NF I see, there are 15 Leupold TS-30/TS-30A2 scopes on Mod 1s.

Thanks. Brain fart on my end re: the FDNY gun. I edited my question, but I still can't find many pictures with the x24s. Were the NF x42s ever fielded?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:00:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

On a side note anyone get the call on batch 3 preorders from Intl Mill (Russian Paint)?  Was a crap day at work and was just totally bummed out.  Then I get a text saying they're ready for the final payment and shipping.  Brightened my day entirely.
View Quote

Yep, I did. I'm in on batch 3 and batch 6, GM receiver in batch 3, H&R in batch 6.

I'm excited about these lowers. This will free up an incorrect Colt M4 Carbine lower for another project.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:00:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

Yep, I did. I'm in on batch 3 and batch 6, GM receiver in batch 3, H&R in batch 6.

I'm excited about these lowers. This will free up an incorrect Colt M4 Carbine lower for another project.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

Congrats to you then, sir!  It certainly made my day seeing my batch 3 GM is about to ship.  I was giddy.  I wish I had picked up a HR also, but I wound up doing two GM's on batch 3.  Oh well, don't think I'll be disappointed by having two GMs.

Was cleaning up the A1 furniture in preparation of moving it to the new GM lower and picked up a surplus A1 grip from US Collector Ordnance.  Was first time I've purchased from them.  The A1 grip is pretty clean and should look great on the lower. I haven't cleaned it up yet though so a bit dirty in the pic below.   Also picked up a surplus A1 Type E stock from them that is clean AF!  Was honestly shocked how good of shape its in.  Very very clean stock (no pic).

Here's the grip (stock you see part of here is not the Type E, it's a vietnam era D so has some wear)....

First transaction with them but went off without a hitch. Recommended based on that if anyone needs A1 furniture.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Do you or anyone else know, were all of the navy's x24s marked NAV-SPEC or RECON NAV-SPEC? I tried getting more info from nightforce, but "back then the Military optics were not in the database" was all I could get other than confirming the SN was valid.  

I think @USMCSGT0331 is our resident military nightforce expert, maybe he has more info on them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Do you or anyone else know, were all of the navy's x24s marked NAV-SPEC or RECON NAV-SPEC? I tried getting more info from nightforce, but "back then the Military optics were not in the database" was all I could get other than confirming the SN was valid.  

I think @USMCSGT0331 is our resident military nightforce expert, maybe he has more info on them.
View Quote

As far as I know both, .25 moa, zero stop, nv settings on the illumination. Thats a fairly early serial number, I had an Army Recon Spec 1 moa turrets, nv settings, etc. Ryan will obviously know.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#12]

item/898988889
View Quote

The bidding looks like it stalled out pretty quickly.  I have a few of them already so I'm personally not going to bid but given the rarity of them, price isn't too horrific but it's still got a day to go.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 1:32:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ringer706] [#13]

Alright, here's what hopefully is the last update on the bore guides. I'm sure y'all are getting a little sick of these at this point.

If I have your email address, you should've just seen something from me with basically these same details. Posting again here to make sure everyone sees it.

I stayed up until 2am last night stuffing mailers and we are finally D-O-N-E. I was scheduled to be on the road today for work, so they'll be dropped off at the post office first thing tomorrow. Hopefully you will get an email with tracking info, but if you haven't and you absolutely have to have it, message me and I'll try to get it for you. That said, if you gave me your email and you don't see something, know that no one else did either so I'm gonna be swamped trying to respond to everyone. I am but a simple moron and I haven't used a shipping service before Packages are fully insured, so if the worst happens, we're all covered. I'm holding on to about 10 spares, so if yours goes missing, I should be able to replace it. Once everything is delivered, I'll sell these off the rest to whoever still wants one.

As for the guides themselves, I'm a little annoyed with the anodizing shop. They didn't do a great job rising/drying the parts when they were done so you may see some water spotting on the finish. Nothing a little CLP and a rag shouldn't be able to handle, but just know that if you see that, that's what it is. They've been appropriately bitched at for that. Otherwise, everything came out great! They're a nice snug fit in an upper receiver and shouldn't go anywhere if you decided to actually use this as intended. Just FYI, a little twisting action while you put it in the upper helps (giggity). If the o-rings wear out, break, etc., a standard #15 sized ring is all you need (1" OD, .75" ID, .125" thickness). These all have at least 2 punch marks, one in each o-ring groove, as a makers mark and to distinguish them from originals.

Lastly, HUGE thanks to USMCSGT0331 for providing the reference guide to make this possible! Let's see some complete cases once y'all have them in hand!
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ringer706:
https://i.imgur.com/miYycAF.jpg?1

Alright, here's what hopefully is the last update on the bore guides. I'm sure y'all are getting a little sick of these at this point.

If I have your email address, you should've just seen something from me with basically these same details. Posting again here to make sure everyone sees it.

I stayed up until 2am last night stuffing mailers and we are finally D-O-N-E. I was scheduled to be on the road today for work, so they'll be dropped off at the post office first thing tomorrow. Hopefully you will get an email with tracking info, but if you haven't and you absolutely have to have it, message me and I'll try to get it for you. That said, if you gave me your email and you don't see something, know that no one else did either so I'm gonna be swamped trying to respond to everyone. I am but a simple moron and I haven't used a shipping service before Packages are fully insured, so if the worst happens, we're all covered. I'm holding on to about 10 spares, so if yours goes missing, I should be able to replace it. Once everything is delivered, I'll sell these off the rest to whoever still wants one.

As for the guides themselves, I'm a little annoyed with the anodizing shop. They didn't do a great job rising/drying the parts when they were done so you may see some water spotting on the finish. Nothing a little CLP and a rag shouldn't be able to handle, but just know that if you see that, that's what it is. They've been appropriately bitched at for that. Otherwise, everything came out great! They're a nice snug fit in an upper receiver and shouldn't go anywhere if you decided to actually use this as intended. Just FYI, a little twisting action while you put it in the upper helps (giggity). If the o-rings wear out, break, etc., a standard #15 sized ring is all you need (1" OD, .75" ID, .125" thickness). These all have at least 2 punch marks, one in each o-ring groove, as a makers mark and to distinguish them from originals.

Lastly, HUGE thanks to USMCSGT0331 for providing the reference guide to make this possible! Let's see some complete cases once y'all have them in hand!
View Quote

Got an email from you... giggity!!!

A huge thank you to you and USMCSGT0331 for making this happen.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote
Can't wait man!

Thanks for everyone helping make this project a reality!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#16]

The bidding looks like it stalled out pretty quickly.  I have a few of them already so I'm personally not going to bid but given the rarity of them, price isn't too horrific but it's still got a day to go.
View All Quotes

item/898988889

Surprised at the price so far, but as you said a day to go
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#17]
@ringer706 just got a shipping notification so you did it right. Thanks again for all the time and effort you put into this. It's appreciated!
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By tamboi:

As far as I know both, .25 moa, zero stop, nv settings on the illumination. Thats a fairly early serial number, I had an Army Recon Spec 1 moa turrets, nv settings, etc. Ryan will obviously know.
View Quote

I messaged him on SH as well. Looks like he hasn't been very active on either website lately.

Just got tracking number for my bore guides
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By sbye:
@ringer706 just got a shipping notification so you did it right. Thanks again for all the time and effort you put into this. It's appreciated!
View Quote

You may have actually gotten two or three, because, well, novice.

Either way, thanks for letting me know!
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

I would start biding on it but just got a email from HCS that my barrel will be in the works soon so I’ll hold off for the next rail unfortunately.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Gremyashchy1911:

I would start biding on it but just got a email from HCS that my barrel will be in the works soon so I’ll hold off for the next rail unfortunately.
View All Quotes

Rarely see them for sale these days.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:45:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#22]

View Quote

Right around where I expected for the Gen 3 cutout, 38's for the Gen 1/2 I've seen fetch even more than this.

Phone too stupid to zoom in, is it wingless?
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Rarely see them for sale these days.
View Quote

Oh I know. First one I’ve seen for sale in quite a while but I’m not in a place to bid on it right now. Play funds are about dry at the moment after getting a x50.
Sucks but what’s new
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:12:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gremyashchy1911] [#24]
Originally Posted By kmcale:

Right around where I expected for the Gen 3 cutout, 38's for the Gen 1/2 I've seen fetch even more than this.

Phone too stupid to zoom in, is it wingless?
View Quote

Best I can tell it is wingless but don’t hold me to it. I’ll look on the big screen when I get home and see if I can tell any better

EDIT: Seller says it has a wing.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Were there any updates on the gas blocks from a few weeks ago? I'm tempted to pull my current badger and throw it on another build if I can replace it with a surplus block.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:48:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Best I can tell it is wingless but don’t hold me to it. I’ll look on the big screen when I get home and see if I can tell any better
View Quote

It's got a wing.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Your postal worker is gonna love you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:35:09 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Saw your email, super stoked!!!

PS - If that scope falls of into my package, I won't be mad at you...
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:46:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Is it possible to find a KAC FF RAS for a mod 1 build these days?  Looks like every supplier is sold out.  Are they discontinued?
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 12:19:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Is it possible to find a KAC FF RAS for a mod 1 build these days?  Looks like every supplier is sold out.  Are they discontinued?
View Quote

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think KAC does limited runs of these periodically
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 12:39:03 AM EDT
[#31]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think KAC does limited runs of these periodically
View All Quotes

Thank you.  I'll try subbing to in stock notifications to the major outlets.  And maybe I'll get lucky and find one on the EE in the meantime.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:49:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I happen to have quite the reputation there (thankfully good!) already so when I dropped them off a few min ago, it wasn't anything more than a slightly raised eyebrow.

Saw your email, super stoked!!!

PS - If that scope falls of into my package, I won't be mad at you...

I stood there shaking the rifle over the envelopes for like 15 whole minutes to see if it'd fall off and wouldn't you know it, it stayed on. Better luck next time.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Ringer thanks again for doing this! In other good news, finally snagged an x24!! Will NF swap out the Mil-R for a mildot reticle? At this point I've also got 2 x42s, one mil-R and one mildot. I may have a slight problem.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:02:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: deadpunch] [#34]

Do you have a link to it?  Curious what it's going/went for but I'm not seeing it.
View All Quotes
I’m sure some of you know and it’s not my listing but a ARMS #38 Peq 2-3 rail for gen three is on GB.
As far as the front sight I haven’t seen one in a minute.

That winged #38 peq rail went for quite a bit.  $529 in the end.  I guess a bunch of people were watching it and waiting until the end.  Almost makes me want to put up one of my wingless versions up there for funsies but i'll find a purpose for it instead.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#35]

That winged #38 peq rail went for quite a bit.  $529 in the end.  I guess a bunch of people were watching it and waiting until the end.  Almost makes me want to put up one of my wingless versions up there for funsies but i'll find a purpose for it instead.  
View Quote

And your IM box is going to blow up in 5...4....3.....
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes
I’m sure some of you know and it’s not my listing but a ARMS #38 Peq 2-3 rail for gen three is on GB.
As far as the front sight I haven’t seen one in a minute.

I threw in a bid at $500. Close but no cigar. I didn’t get to see how it ended though. Comcast died on me after I bid, so at that point it was out of my hands.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:22:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#37]
@Gremyashchy1911

PM me if you're still looking for an Eagle TAS buttstock adapter/sling.  I saw one pop up on the EE yesterday so I rapidly snagged it.  Wanted to I make sure it went to someone active in this thread who needed it for their build.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Woo hoo!  These came out awesome.  Thank you @Ringer706

Great job and greatly appreciate all the work you did on this!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Is this one of the out of production Dewey .22 cal. 30" female end cleaning rods for a Mk12 deployment case? The female threaded rod is the same overall length that a current 30" male thread with adapter is.

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#40]
@Gremyashchy1911

PM me if you're still looking for an Eagle TAS buttstock adapter/sling.  I saw one pop up on the EE yesterday so I rapidly snagged it.  Wanted to I make sure it went to someone active in this thread who needed it for their build.
View Quote

I would totally snag it if still available and not spoken for.  Been meaning to track one down.  Will send you a IM.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 4:51:20 PM EDT
[#41]
@Gremyashchy1911

View Quote

The one I bought off the Bay did come with one this time fifth time lucky I guess. Its missing the bottom attachment point but I will be able to make one or use one off of another TAS sling handguard mount if its the same.
I really appreciate the offer but let someone else have a stab it at.

Thanks and this community is the best!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#42]

The one I bought off the Bay did come with one this time fifth time lucky I guess. Its missing the bottom attachment point but I will be able to make one or use one off of another TAS sling handguard mount if its the same.

View All Quotes
@Gremyashchy1911

teamjawbox, I would be interested in the TAS-1 sling and adapter if not yet spoken for.

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 5:15:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#43]
@Paulie771 was the first to PM me on that adapter so to be fair am gonna reserve it for him.  If it falls through for some reason or if I find another I'll definitely reach out to the others that PM'd me looking for one.

Wish I had a Jetsons cloning machine I could put the thing in.

Edit:  Just posted a SMRS with OBR mount if anyone is looking to finish out their Mod H
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Woo hoo!  These came out awesome.  Thank you @Ringer706

Great job and greatly appreciate all the work you did on this!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/SmartSelect_20210501-141012_Photos_jpg-1925928.JPG
View Quote

Glad you like it! Happy to do the work!
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Badger, DD, KAC, or PRI the preferred GB for mod 1?  I've seen here that the Badger can be a very tight fit depending on barrel.  They all look aesthetically identical except for the KAC.  Anyone have a preference and why?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:06:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Badger, DD, KAC, or PRI the preferred GB for mod 1?  I've seen here that the Badger can be a very tight fit depending on barrel.  They all look aesthetically identical except for the KAC.  Anyone have a preference and why?
View Quote

I've used Badger, DD, and PRI and they are virtually identical except the last PRI one I got. It has their name laser stenciled on the side so I wouldn't use it on a Mod 1.

They all can be tight but nothing a torch can't fix.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:40:22 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
I've never had a mk12 gas block fit out of the box.

If heat won't do it, take some 320 grit to the inside.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:

I've used Badger, DD, and PRI and they are virtually identical except the last PRI one I got. It has their name laser stenciled on the side so I wouldn't use it on a Mod 1.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:

Thanks for the info.  Def don't want to go PRI if it has branding on it.  I guess it'll come down to what has the least branding and what's available.  I see DD has the DD stamped on it.  Guess I'll just go Badger since it's half the price of the KAC.  

Unless the KAC is super special for some reason (maybe made of mithril steel that imbues the gas with arcane energy as it pass through it
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Thanks for the info.  Def don't want to go PRI if it has branding on it.  I guess it'll come down to what has the least branding and what's available.  I see DD has the DD stamped on it.  Guess I'll just go Badger since it's half the price of the KAC.  

Unless the KAC is super special for some reason (maybe made of mithril steel that imbues the gas with arcane energy as it pass through it
View Quote

The DD block pictures show the small DD on the from side of it but the two examples I have do now have it on them. That said both required heat to install two thousands interference fit so the screws are pretty much for alignment.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#50]
So I was out on the motorcycle this weekend up in Santa Fe, pretending like I know how to handle a 650+lb BMW on single tracks and what does my sorry ass come home to this afternoon?

https://i.imgur.com/Tk1RVb9.jpg

The parts got finished at the anodizer over the weekend and I got the call to come pick them up as I was rolling back in to Dallas. It'll take me a good day or three to get the guides sorted, packed and stuffed in the mailing envelopes so I can make one big (heavy) trip to the post office, but we're finally at the finish line. And if I figured out the bulk shipping system correctly, everyone should be receiving a tracking email once the packages go out. Last thing, as a way of saying thank you for all your patience I had a little something extra made up that I'll be stuffing in with everyone's order so keep an eye out for it!
View Quote

Beautiful
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top