User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 9:31:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RV8guy:
Anybody have any out of the way sources for an AEM5 threaded 5/8-24? I have looked in the obvious places that I know  about and they are all OOS.
View Quote
Nobody has them in stock. You can call Capitol Armory and get on the list. I did it last month.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 9:41:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm guessing you mean AEMBs.
Cursory scrolling shows stock at Brownells. I tried once but they sent me a 1/2x28; you might have better luck.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 9:50:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RV8guy] [#3]
Originally Posted By northcoastwizard:
I'm guessing you mean AEMBs.
Cursory scrolling shows stock at Brownells. I tried once but they sent me a 1/2x28; you might have better luck.
View Quote

Yes, that’s what I mean. One site I was looking at had it listed as AEM5 and that stuck in my head. Man Brownells wants a lot for it. If ADCO had it in stock it would almost be half off.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:01:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By RV8guy:
Anybody have any out of the way sources for an AEM5 threaded 5/8-24? I have looked in the obvious places that I know  about and they are all OOS.
View Quote

PRI has 6.8 MBs threaded 5/8x24, OOS but you can back order them. I'm using one for my Grendel build.

https://www.precisionreflex.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=186717&CAT=4212

They do ship with a short collar so be prepared to order a long collar if it is an issue. I got one from ADCO.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:
Deployed/issued late Mod 0.  Rubber duck on the PEQ sleeve.  Credit to Casca174 on SH.
View Quote
That's too sweet!  How on earth are you guys getting complete issued Mk12s?!

I appreciate the picture.  *Hurries to go see if my new old stock PEQ2-3 has the wings on the logo...*
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 11:01:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CPshooter1] [#6]
Originally Posted By CPshooter1:
Hey y'all,

I finally found a real Mk12 take-off barrel and made some interesting observations.  Pictures are below.  I have some questions as well:

First and foremost, this is a Rev 3 barrel for the Mk12 Mod 1, but it has flats milled for the set screw type Mod 0 gas block.  Anyone know why or how this barrel ended up with milled flats AND dimples for the low-profile Mod 1 gas block set screws?  Anyone seen other Rev 3/Mod 1 barrels like this?  FYI - I also have a Rev 2 barrel that is the same way.

Moving on to picture #2 below, you can see a spacer that PRI included with their front sight/gas block assembly.  This is clearly there to align the set screws on the gas block with the milled flats and the rearmost dimple on the underside of the barrel that pulls the FSB down to seal around the gas port.  Without this spacer, the FSB makes contact with that rear step/shoulder and then the set screws and gas ports don't align properly.  

You can see in picture #3, the FSB makes contact with the OpsInc/Allen Engineering collar because of this spacer being there and there is not enough room for the FSB to fit in between the spacer and the collar.  I was warned that with a real Mk12 barrel, I would likely need to have the collar turned on a lathe to make it a bit shorter or else the collar would hit the FSB.  Now I understand why.

So here's why I'm trying to figure this out.  I am planning to send this barrel in to Compass Lake Engineering so they can reverse engineer it and make me a new barrel that is true to the original Mk12 spec.  I could be overlooking something obvious, but it seems to me that if they simply mill the flats, dimple, and gas port a bit further to the rear, everything would then align properly and I wouldn't need to use the spacer or modify the collar.  I don't imagine moving the gas port to the rear by ~1/16" will have any negative impact on the gas system...  Does that seem like a viable solution to the problem?  Why the hell didn't Crane, PRI, and OpsInc design everything properly to begin with?  In other words, who screwed up here?

*edit* It seems I overlooked the length of the gas tube and position of the gas tube roll pin!  This could be an issue as I'm not exactly sure what the consequence would be of having the gas tube further inside the gas key.  Perhaps it would be easier and less troublesome to move the step/shoulder for the collar forward a smidge and then increase the OAL of the barrel by that same amount so I'm not reducing the number of turns the suppressor will make on the brake?

Thanks in advance for any insights or suggestions you can provide!

https://i.imgur.com/IT35Up9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Jg5Nxe6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/38UXLFg.jpg

View Quote
Quoting my own post here in order to provide an update in hopes that the following info will be helpful to those who are as confused as I was with the whole barrel/gas block/collar fitment issues.  I talked with Ron Allen @ Allen Engineering, Tony Holdren @ PRI, and Kevin @ HCS yesterday trying to get to the bottom of it.  Got some GREAT info that really helped me understand what was going on.

First and foremost, it turns out the reason the long collar hits the Mod 0 front sight/gas block is that the original barrel specification called for a slightly longer distance from the muzzle to the shoulder where the collar butts up against.  It was "supposed to be" 2 3/8" or ~2.4" to allow the suppressor to get 5-8 complete turns on the brake before stopping against the collar.  However, due to some strange political reasons and circumstances involving another company who was upset about OpsInc getting the contract, they decided to go against Ron Allen's recommendation and instead made this critical distance ~2.2".  This is why all the military-issued guns had the suppressors get only 2-3 turns on to the brake.  Both Ron and Kevin @ HCS said that despite the efforts to screw OpsInc and "make it fail," they couldn't.  The military saw no real issues with the suppressors getting only 2-3 turns.  That being said, 5-8 turns is still preferred for obvious reasons.

As for how military armorers went about solving the issue of the long collar hitting the PRI front sight on the issued Mod 0 rifles, it is suspected that they went about it a few different ways.  Most likely shortened the long collar by simply turning it down on a lathe, while others may have said screw it and butted it up against the front sight even though the collar wasn't fully seated against the shoulder/step on the barrel.  At the end of the day, they just "made it work" and there was no real standardized "short" collar from the factory.  This info may or may not matter to you if you happen to have an issued take-off barrel like I do and were trying to avoid the short collar for fear of your clone looking "incorrect."

Turns out the barrel offered by HCS (and likely the other companies offering aftermarket barrels) adds a little length to the OAL of the barrel compared to an issued Mk12 barrel.  This allows their barrels to work with both the Mod 1 low profile gas block as well as the Mod 0 front sight/gas block without having the long collar run into it.

The position of the milled flats and/or dimples and gas port have never changed.  The gas system is a Colt rifle length gas system.  Period.  All dimensional discrepancies/inconsistencies lie forward of the gas port i.e. the location of that shoulder/step for the collar and the OAL length of the barrel forward of the collar.

The spacer/shim you see in the pictures I posted above is NOT required to align the gas block with the milled flats, dimple, and gas port.  The set screws on a Mod 0 gas block will take care of alignment as they are tightened into the flats and the bottom set screw is tightened up into the dimple.  However, the spacer is optional to "make things easier" and probably makes more sense to use with the clamp style Mod 0 gas block where you would simply slide it on and butt it up against the spacer before tightening the clamp screws.  Something that didn't make much sense to me, however, was when Tony @ PRI tried explaining how the spacer was the same width as the handguard cap on a standard M16/M4 barrel assembly and this spacer was intended to replace the gap created by removal of the handguard cap.  I'm confused by this because I'm not aware of M16 barrels being turned into Mk12 barrels.  But maybe they were at some point early on before the Douglas barrels with PRI front sights became the norm?  Anyone ever seen a Mk12 with a standard A2 FSP?  I'm thinking there must be something to this because otherwise it would make no sense to not have the Mod 0 gas block butt up directly against the 2nd shoulder/step on the barrel.  This little gap between the 2nd shoulder and the rear of the Mod 0 gas block doesn't really need to be there, but it is...

So what am I going to do after learning all of these details?  Well, right now my plan is still to send in my take-off Mk12 barrel to Compass Lake Engineering so they can replicate the chamber specs as closely as possible to the real thing when they turn my new barrel.  Getting the chamber correct is the most important detail in my eyes.  As much as I want to replicate the rest of the barrel 100%, I think it makes most sense to have them lengthen the OAL a tiny bit (like HCS does with their barrels) so I can run the long collar without having to trim it.  I don't want to run the short collar because it doesn't "look right" to me.

I'm still debating whether or not I want to leave that gap where the spacer is seen in my pictures (between the 2nd shoulder and the rear of the Mod 0 gas block).  Now, I don't have a Mod 1 gas block on hand, but I'm thinking that gap just might be there to accommodate a Mod 1 gas block in the event it seats further to the rear than the Mod 0 gas block.  Can anyone confirm whether or not the Mod 1 gas block butts up against this 2nd shoulder or can you still use the spacer?  Can someone also confirm that the 2nd milled dimple on the underside of the barrel (the one forward of the dimple that is there for the Mod 0 gas block) is indeed there for the Mod 1 gas block?

Thanks in advance if you can answer my last 2 questions, and I hope all of this info was helpful for anyone new to the Mk12 game who was as confused as I was!

Cheers!
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 11:44:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#7]

The position of the milled flats and/or dimples and gas port have never changed.
View Quote

No, but their relationship with the FSGB has on PRi's side.  The flat location on the issued barrel corresponds with early PRi sights that are made to sit deeper than current. Deeper meaning right up against the block versus space for a handguard cap.  I haven't narrowed down the year that PRi changed.  You may want to consider shifting the flats location slightly on your repro barrel as the vast majority of sights out there will be like the one you have in your hand versus the type that was used on the actual rifles.

Attachment Attached File

Issued Gen I for this example, but the Gen 3 sights were the same. Looks a bit more pronounced thanks to the rounded legs. I just don't have a loose one on hand to use for the picture.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 1:52:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CPshooter1] [#8]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

No, but their relationship with the FSGB has on PRi's side.  The flat location on the issued barrel corresponds with early PRi sights that are made to sit deeper than current. Deeper meaning right up against the block versus space for a handguard cap.  I haven't narrowed down the year that PRi changed.  You may want to consider shifting the flats location slightly on your repro barrel as the vast majority of sights out there will be like the one you have in your hand versus the type that was used on the actual rifles.

Issued Gen I for this example, but the Gen 3 sights were the same. Looks a bit more pronounced thanks to the rounded legs. I just don't have a loose one on hand to use for the picture.
View Quote
I see what you're saying, but I noticed in your previous post/reply, you mentioned the set screw on the current production PRi FSGB are centered in the leg instead of forward-biased like the one you pictured.  However, my current production FSGB actually has the set screw towards the front of the leg just like yours, which is inconsistent with what you are claiming.  My set screws all line up consistently with the flats, dimple, and gas port as well.  I can't change the location of the flats on the repro barrel because then the set screws won't be lined up with them when the gas port is lined up.

The only thing that doesn't jive is the position of the ends of the legs relative to the shoulders/steps for the collar and the one behind the FSGB.  This is what is causing the collar to make contact with the FSGB and also why there is that gap/space behind the FSGB.  Perhaps that is what PRi changed and what you're trying to describe?

Many thanks for the reply and visual!  Cheers!

Link Posted: 3/30/2021 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I see what you're saying, but I noticed in your previous post/reply, you mentioned the set screw on the current production PRi FSGB are centered in the leg instead of forward-biased like the one you pictured.  However, my current production FSGB actually has the set screw towards the front of the leg just like yours, which is inconsistent with what you are claiming.  My set screws all line up consistently with the flats, dimple, and gas port as well.  I can't change the location of the flats on the repro barrel because then the set screws won't be lined up with them when the gas port is lined up.

The only thing that doesn't jive is the position of the ends of the legs relative to the shoulders/steps for the collar and the one behind the FSGB.  This is what is causing the collar to make contact with the FSGB and also why there is that gap/space behind the FSGB.  Perhaps that is what PRi changed and what you're trying to describe?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm probably being a bit on the misleading side. No one will ever accuse me of being an eloquent typer.

The difference between the era of sights center of gas port holes is just that spacer's width, so I should have added the word more when I describe the newer ones as centered. OAL on the sights seem to be the same. Just the gas port and roll pin holes are shifted slightly forward, with the issued sights installed bottomed out on the shoulder. If you had the two side by side, preferably before they started using the bottom hole as an additional setscrew, it shows it better than I can describe it.

Glad to hear the flats on the issued barrels work with the current sights. I've had issues in the past between different PRi sights on barrels with less generous flat widths, so you could say I'm jaded.

Link Posted: 3/30/2021 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#10]

I'm probably being a bit on the misleading side. No one will ever accuse me of being an eloquent typer.

The difference between the era of sights center of gas port holes is just that spacer's width, so I should have added the word more when I describe the newer ones as centered. OAL on the sights seem to be the same. Just the gas port and roll pin holes are shifted slightly forward, with the issued sights installed bottomed out on the shoulder. If you had the two side by side, preferably before they started using the bottom hole as an additional setscrew, it shows it better than I can describe it.

Glad to hear the flats on the issued barrels work with the current sights. I've had issues in the past between different PRi sights on barrels with less generous flat widths, so you could say I'm jaded.

View Quote
Now I got you 100%.  Makes sense.  Ugh.  Why the heck did PRi have to change things up on us?!  Now, getting that new barrel made isn't going to be as straightforward as I thought it was.  Sounds like I'll need to send my FSGB in to Compass Lake Engineering so they can use it as a template for getting everything to fit and align perfectly.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:16:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#11]
Anyone have a spare Leup Mark 4 M2 dial they're willing to part with?  I guess I can call Leupold and try ordering from them but checking here first.

TIA!

And for a pic, I have to give props to HaveBlue83.  He did a set of Arms 22M's for me and was so good I had to do a double take to see where he had milled those awful lever stops away.  Thank you kind sir!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 10:39:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone looking to get rid their Leupy mk4 3.5-10 m3 illum mildot reticle ? Looking for one to complete my mod H build.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Txhounddog:
Anyone looking to get rid their Leupy mk4 3.5-10 m3 illum mildot reticle ? Looking for one to complete my mod H build.
View Quote

JonnyMoses has one listed in the EE.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 11:18:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Yea I saw one thanks,  thats a bit too much for me $$
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 11:33:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TW56] [#15]
***Found one***

Anyone have an black Docter MRDS that they want to get rid of? I am looking for one for my Mk12 clone.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Working on stripping all the Rust-oleum in preparation of the new lower coming in.  Man that is a bitch.  

Its getting there...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I just fully disassemble and spray with citristrip. Bucket of soapy water and toothbrush to remove.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 11:03:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyPilot12] [#18]
Originally Posted By cheekibreeki:
I just fully disassemble and spray with citristrip. Bucket of soapy water and toothbrush to remove.
View Quote

This is the way.

Citristrip will even remove the black wrinkle finish crap that SAI used on real USGI M14 stocks. I've done quite a few.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 11:18:05 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Thanks for the tip.  Never used Citristrip.  Gonna see if I can pick some up tomorrow.

Is it safe to use on the A1 grip and stock too?
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Thanks for the tip.  Never used Citristrip.  Gonna see if I can pick some up tomorrow.

View All Quotes

It's plastic safe for the most part.

I've used it on fiberglass stocks and left it on overnight with no damage.

YMMV.

Biggest selling point, besides ease of use, is that you can rinse it off in the sink and not have to worry about the enviro-nazis showing up (it's biodegradable).
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone have a set screw version PRI front sight base/gb you don't need?  Checking here before putting in an order with PRI.  Also looking for a Leupold Mark 4 M2 elevation dial.

If anyone needs a cross bolt PRI front sight base I've got an extra one, feel free to PM me.  

Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/4/2021 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone have a set of medium A.R.M.S. Medium #22 rings? I know this is a shameless plug, but damn I’ve had a ad in WTB, and then I see Johnny Moses had four sets I missed on.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 8:41:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By mstennes:
Anyone have a set of medium A.R.M.S. Medium #22 rings? I know this is a shameless plug, but damn I’ve had a ad in WTB, and then I see Johnny Moses had four sets I missed on.
View Quote

I have a set of new #22 Highs.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#24]
0 just got fresh paint

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 6:40:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#25]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:
0 just got fresh paint

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/220444/20210405_170056_1__2_jpg-1894091.JPG
View Quote

Nice!  Is that Earth Yellow?

I gotta say, I'm typically not a huge fan of the mod 1 profile, but for some reason yours looks awesome to me.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 7:36:19 PM EDT
[#26]
0 just got fresh paint

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/220444/20210405_170056_1__2_jpg-1894091.JPG
View Quote

What's the model on that doctor?
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#27]

I gotta say, I'm typically not a huge fan of the mod 1 profile, but for some reason yours looks awesome to me.
View All Quotes
0 just got fresh paint

Yeah.  Not nearly as orange as pictures make it look.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By BlueDevilBrew:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlueDevilBrew:
0 just got fresh paint

No idea
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 8:58:43 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes
0 just got fresh paint

Actually just had a can of that, MC Green, and OD deliver today from Brownells.  Gonna give it a go on the mod H, though just hitting the receivers with it.  Looks good, kinda butterscotch lol.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 3:01:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#30]
Took it out for a few rounds the other day, only a few cuz bullets are gold..
Attachment Attached File

And if anybody wanted to know..the MantisX Blackbeard is pretty neato
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 3:14:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By kmcale:
Took it out for a few rounds the other day, only a few cuz bullets are gold..
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/488238/signal-2021-04-06-014648_jpg-1894685.JPG
And if anybody wanted to know..the MantisX Blackbeard is pretty neato
View Quote

Please tell me you didn’t forget a bcg and leave the trainer in the gun.
I’m super jealous all I need in a phone call from HCS to get my barrel on the way. Then the long job of load development starts to match some Mk262 after I get a hand full to check MV’s against.

Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey guys,

I’ve been lurking here since this thread was started.  Finally have a rifle to post, but now I’m having second thoughts about its clone worthiness.

I suppose my question is, how important is the roll mark on the receiver for a clone build?  I was completely content with my rifle, until I got to thinking about it.....  My MK12 is a Bravo Company produced rifle; with BCM roll marks on the upper and lower receiver, and barrel.

I have assured that all other components are clone correct.  

Additionally, I discovered that the collar step on the BCM barrel was off by .100”, and Mr. Allen is making me a custom collar to properly align my AEM5.

The question to everyone here is, would it be acceptable to call a BCM MK12 Mod1 a clone?  

Thanks so much for your time!
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:11:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By BlueFalconer:
Hey guys,

I’ve been lurking here since this thread was started.  Finally have a rifle to post, but now I’m having second thoughts about its clone worthiness.

I suppose my question is, how important is the roll mark on the receiver for a clone build?  I was completely content with my rifle, until I got to thinking about it.....  My MK12 is a Bravo Company produced rifle; with BCM roll marks on the upper and lower receiver, and barrel.

Additionally, I discovered that the collar step on the BCM barrel was off by .100”, and Mr. Allen is making me a custom collar to properly align my AEM5.

The question to everyone here is, would it be acceptable to call a BCM MK12 Mod1 a clone?  

https://ibb.co/P6QKcBG
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheShlouf:
Originally Posted By BlueFalconer:
Hey guys,

https://ibb.co/P6QKcBG

https://i.ibb.co/Krwd2Cx/8-C336-FD3-1-EE2-4499-979-A-BCD3-E56001-D6.jpg

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#35]
no prob, good looking rig
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:41:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Interesting photo posted today. It looks like a PRI hand guard, possibly a mod h? Probably an older Ops Inc can. Cool to see these are still in use/circulation.

United States Army Special Operations Command (USASOC) International Sniper Competition, at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, March 22, 2021. Fifteen teams competed in the the 12th annual USASOC International Sniper Competition where instructors from the United States Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School designed a series of events that challenged the two-person teams’ ability to work together, firing range, speed and accuracy in varied types of environments. (U.S. Army photo by K. Kassens)
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Just a quick update for all of my fellow bore guide nerds. I just got a call and they should be ready to pick up from the machine shop tomorrow afternoon, with all that's left being the engraving and anodizing. Unfortunately the delay with them came from bigger jobs at the shop overriding this project, but we're just about there. My initial estimate of shipping early next week is probably going to be bumped back a little bit, but I should have these things out soon! I'll provide some more updates as it gets closer to the end.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ringer706:
Just a quick update for all of my fellow bore guide nerds. I just got a call and they should be ready to pick up from the machine shop tomorrow afternoon, with all that's left being the engraving and anodizing. Unfortunately the delay with them came from bigger jobs at the shop overriding this project, but we're just about there. My initial estimate of shipping early next week is probably going to be bumped back a little bit, but I should have these things out soon! I'll provide some more updates as it gets closer to the end.
View Quote
No prob, cant wait for it to get here!
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:25:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Markius-Fox] [#40]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
Interesting photo posted today. It looks like a PRI hand guard, possibly a mod h? Probably an older Ops Inc can. Cool to see these are still in use/circulation.

https://i.imgur.com/pUulmbr.jpg
View Quote

Another image from the same gallery (in stupid high resolution); PRS stock and ambi selector, PRI tube looks ceracoated while the receiver was given the Krylon touch.

https://i.imgur.com/uLJDTK9.jpg

For the thread, a bonus from the same gallery, a Mod.1!

https://i.imgur.com/fn9v0xl.jpg

EDIT: Yes, I intentionally didn't upload the images here for the sake of users data.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:13:15 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Can't wait, this will be the start of my deployment case. Now need just about everything else
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 1:56:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Markius-Fox:

Another image from the same gallery (in stupid high resolution); PRS stock and ambi selector, PRI tube looks ceracoated while the receiver was given the Krylon touch.

EDIT: Yes, I intentionally didn't upload the images here for the sake of users data.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Markius-Fox:
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

https://i.imgur.com/pUulmbr.jpg

Sooooooo, this begs the question could a MOD H be correct using a SOPMOD??  Inquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:20:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#43]

Sooooooo, this begs the question could a MOD H be correct using a SOPMOD??  Inquiring minds want to know.
View Quote
Always has been.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:22:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#44]

View Quote

A couple more. Same rifle I think..
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:41:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer5] [#45]

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/84711/015_JPG-605114.jpg

That sad, unused, ACE.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:

That sad, unused, ACE.
View Quote

I let it go.  Someone's using it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Txhounddog:
View Quote
@TXhounddog shoot me an email I may be replacing mine and ARMS #36S-EX with a TS30 to shave some  weight off
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:47:25 AM EDT
[#49]
What sort of ambi-safeties are generally used on Mod 0?  I've gotten so used to having one on all my other builds that I REALLY want to put on one on my Mod 0.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:54:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Paulie771:
What sort of ambi-safeties are generally used on Mod 0?  I've gotten so used to having one on all my other builds that I REALLY want to put on one on my Mod 0.
View Quote

Although I've not seen an ambi on a Gen 3 Mod 0, DPMS with full size lever is the ambi you commonly see on Mk12s.  Current Luth-AR is identical.
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top