User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1181
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stainlineho:
So my AEM5 got approved on 11/6, should have it within a week.  I'm pretty excited!
View Quote

It's my favorite 556 can - you'll love it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 12:18:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Folks,

Will someone with a true Mk12 take-off barrel (one that has not been shot out and is presumably still true to original NATO spec) PLEASE contact me via PM?

Thank you!
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 2:27:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Getting closer, still missing a few parts

Link Posted: 11/13/2020 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By USMCSGT0331:
Getting closer, still missing a few parts

https://i.imgur.com/IhxJULF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TFd7h94.jpg
View Quote

Still the only Mod 1 setup I'd actually want, and of course the toughest to put together.

Small steps, got myself a proper 62gr issued style turret for my 2001 Vari-X, might be getting a 2000 date code Vari-X to step things up another level. Close as you can get without having an issued scope like the one in the background.

Link Posted: 11/13/2020 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#7]

I don't think anyone will ever do a better FDNY my dude.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Got a question someone here can hopefully answer..I remember way back looking and finding the thread and pictures but can't seem to find them anymore..I have a mk4 2.5-8 and i'm wanting the mk12 77gr turret..I ordered them before(2-3 yrs ago) and got one with much thicker lines and numbers, called and the guy knew what i was looking for and i had the correct part number form the thread..I just ordered one again and the same thing has happened but this time the guy says their is only one offered and i don't have the correct part number to give him..Any help would be awesome..Thanks
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Man some good pic drops today, thanks gents!
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By eviladam07:
Got a question someone here can hopefully answer..I remember way back looking and finding the thread and pictures but can't seem to find them anymore..I have a mk4 2.5-8 and i'm wanting the mk12 77gr turret..I ordered them before(2-3 yrs ago) and got one with much thicker lines and numbers, called and the guy knew what i was looking for and i had the correct part number form the thread..I just ordered one again and the same thing has happened but this time the guy says their is only one offered and i don't have the correct part number to give him..Any help would be awesome..Thanks
View Quote

The part number was 112635 for the Mk12 Mod 1 marked turrets.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 7:12:57 PM EDT
[#11]

I wish I had some photograph skills like some dudes in here.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

I wish I had some photograph skills like some dudes in here.
View Quote

Hey, we have a mutual contact who is reeeaalllyyy good if you get yourself up to OK sometime...
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Almost there...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 7:02:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mstennes] [#14]
Well I’m still trying to decide on which upper I want to use for my MOD 0, choices are,
Diemaco keyhole, (no M4 cuts)
Attachment Attached File

Colt Split A (M4 cuts)
Attachment Attached File

Colt Cardinal Forge (M4 cuts)
Attachment Attached File

I would like to use the Cardinal Forge as somewhere in its life it has gotten a little Loctite on the rail between T6 and T8 which the ARMS PEQ top rail would cover up.
Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 9:16:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stainlineho] [#15]
Originally Posted By mstennes:
Well I’m still trying to decide on which upper I want to use for my MOD 0, choices are,
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/85971/B37D863D-ECAD-4EB3-BA94-E16DD04A92A3_jpe-1687371.JPG

Colt Split A (M4 cuts)
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/85971/95CD910C-5F12-4ED4-BCB0-408FCB59E570_jpe-1687373.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/85971/A8D8E6FB-9BD3-4821-B514-A5CFA4D34EAA_jpe-1687378.JPG

I would like to use the Cardinal Forge as somewhere in its life it has gotten a little Loctite on the rail between T6 and T8 which the ARMS PEQ top rail would cover up.
Thanks in advance
View Quote

Diemaco, no question IMO
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Diemaco, no question IMO
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/85971/B37D863D-ECAD-4EB3-BA94-E16DD04A92A3_jpe-1687371.JPG

Colt Split A (M4 cuts)
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/85971/95CD910C-5F12-4ED4-BCB0-408FCB59E570_jpe-1687373.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/85971/A8D8E6FB-9BD3-4821-B514-A5CFA4D34EAA_jpe-1687378.JPG

Thanks in advance

Diemaco, no question IMO

Yup.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:38:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

Yup.
View Quote

Even without M4 cuts
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:43:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone have experience with the Atomic engraving GM Hydra-Matic or H&R reprofiled A1 lower 80%'ers?

Any idea of the appropriate S/N number range for the GM lower?

I was thinking of picking up one of each along with a jig. Keeping the lower in the raw, milling it, then sending it off for anodizing or coating depending on the intended build.

I am trying to future proof and reprioritize the clone gun purchases.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:47:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
Anyone have experience with the Atomic engraving GM Hydra-Matic or H&R reprofiled A1 lower 80%'ers?

I was thinking of picking up one of each along with a jig. Keeping the lower in the raw, milling it, then sending it off for anodizing or coating depending on the intended build.

View Quote

GM are in the 3 million serial range, H&R in the 2 Million serial range. GM stick with 3.3 mil range and under and you are good for what I recall seeing.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 7:16:04 AM EDT
[#20]

Even without M4 cuts
View Quote

It’s not going to matter. What you don’t want is M4 cuts in the receiver but not on the barrel. If you don’t want it I’ll buy it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

You better stop thinking and get going if that’s what you’re going to do. A 5D Pro jig took 8 weeks from order date to arrive. Unfortunately the good80 jigs are super backordered and it’s only going to get worse as this “talk” of 80s getting banned continues.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By DStepec:

You better stop thinking and get going if that’s what you’re going to do. A 5D Pro jig took 8 weeks from order date to arrive. Unfortunately the good80 jigs are super backordered and it’s only going to get worse as this “talk” of 80s getting banned continues.
View Quote

that is why these purchases are being accelerated. i ended up buying one of each and will order a jig tonight.

ghost guns go brrrrrt.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#23]

that is why these purchases are being accelerated. i ended up buying one of each and will order a jig tonight.

ghost guns go brrrrrt.
View Quote

Haha excellent!
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:22:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Anybody got a plug on a Diemaco split A or C AF upper? Hit me up if you do! Trying to get some feelers out there
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 2:46:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 11:11:33 PM EDT
[#26]
What is the correct mount for the LT104? Legacy QF or VFZ?
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Do any of you guys have a picture of your barrel with the set screw flats milled into the barrel for a Gen 1 PRI gas block? I'm planning to send mine to John at Retro Arms to have him do the work.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#28]
It's better if he just cuts them based on your FSB. I've seen/had barrels with the flats done in the past that did not align with the FSB correctly. The cuts are the typical National Match flats like White Oak and Compass Lake cut on their websites, they just need to be lined up with the set screws on the FSB after you've aligned the gas block.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 9:17:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
It's better if he just cuts them based on your FSB. I've seen/had barrels with the flats done in the past that did not align with the FSB correctly. The cuts are the typical National Match flats like White Oak and Compass Lake cut on their websites, they just need to be lined up with the set screws on the FSB after you've aligned the gas block.
View Quote

This. I had sent my fsb to Frank at CLE to get the flats done
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By kmcale:

View All Quotes

Thanks to both of y'all, I will send the FSB with the barrel.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:46:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Maddy21:

Thanks to both of y'all, I will send the FSB with the barrel.
View Quote

Yeah, just get into contact with them and let them know what the plan is and they'll get it done up for you
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:16:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#32]
Has anybody here cloned Sara Jane? I THINK I recall somebody sending off stuff to ankratz for one.. did that ever get finished up?
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:31:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Has anybody here cloned Sara Jane? I THINK I recall somebody sending off stuff to ankratz for one.. did that ever get finished up?
View Quote

ugh....me....no, its sadly and depressingly not finished. Since you asked I'll get some progress pics posted tomorrow or Wednesday...But yes @ankratz did a wonderful job on his portion.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 7:44:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 5pt56:

ugh....me....no, its sadly and depressingly not finished. Since you asked I'll get some progress pics posted tomorrow or Wednesday...But yes @ankratz did a wonderful job on his portion.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 5pt56:

I want to know, too!!!! Tag me when you post :)
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 8:58:16 AM EDT
[#35]
I will keep an eye out for the post, I think I may take a crack at this project as well
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Out of curiosity, does anyone know what upper receiver High Caliber Sales uses for their MK12 upper groups?
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By mra4523:
Out of curiosity, does anyone know what upper receiver High Caliber Sales uses for their MK12 upper groups?
View Quote

One I had built back in 2013 just had a square forge (Brass Aluminum Forging Emterprises) I believe that came from Spikes.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Question gents, I have a 5d pro jig that I used to mill my 80% lowers. The lower I did for my mod 1, as well as the others I've done, has an issue with the trigger and hammer pins walking. There is no way in hell im putting an anti walk pin kit on this mod 1. I've spent too much time and money on making this thing right and I'm not about to slut it up with non-spec parts like that. Whats the trick to making this a non issue? I can't be the only one that's had this issue. Pic of said mod1 because its pure sex

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By vagpunisher:
Question gents, I have a 5d pro jig that I used to mill my 80% lowers. The lower I did for my mod 1, as well as the others I've done, has an issue with the trigger and hammer pins walking. There is no way in hell im putting an anti walk pin kit on this mod 1. I've spent too much time and money on making this thing right and I'm not about to slut it up with non-spec parts like that. Whats the trick to making this a non issue? I can't be the only one that's had this issue. Pic of said mod1 because its pure sex

https://i.ibb.co/HX36gb9/20201124-123259.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/2gxJYp7/20201124-123251.jpg
View Quote

May want try G2S pins and use the metal retainer clips as shown in this photo?  Not sure if that would work but may be an idea.

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#41]

This is the kind of shit I need to get hands on .. need to find myself a PEQ-2-3 replacement for my #38 mod sleeve for the Gen II
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#42]

This is the kind of shit I need to get hands on .. need to find myself a PEQ-2-3 replacement for my #38 mod sleeve for the Gen II
View Quote

Still going to look wrong, the 2-3 have a rounded front that gives them away. And there are already only so many of those floating around, and now you got folks backdating them to Gen 2 style.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 5:57:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#43]

Still going to look wrong, the 2-3 have a rounded front that gives them away. And there are already only so many of those floating around, and now you got folks backdating them to Gen 2 style.
View Quote

Thats what I mean, I want to try getting hands on the #38 peq-2-3. I'm not on board with the PRI repro due to it being an eye sore in terms of cloning. Did it once, replaced with the #38 Mod Sleeve (full 1913 rail). As far as the Gen II bit, I just simply meant without the Gen III collar cut outs
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Thats what I mean, I want to try getting hands on the #38 peq-2-3. I'm not on board with the PRI repro due to it being an eye sore in terms of cloning. Did it once, replaced with the #38 Mod Sleeve. As far as the Gen II bit, I just simply meant without the Gen III collar cut outs
View All Quotes

Thats what I mean, I want to try getting hands on the #38 peq-2-3. I'm not on board with the PRI repro due to it being an eye sore in terms of cloning. Did it once, replaced with the #38 Mod Sleeve. As far as the Gen II bit, I just simply meant without the Gen III collar cut outs

Just making sure you were aware that the Gen 2 PEQ and backdated 2-3 still stick out compared to the issued Gen 1 rails, which in themselves are impossible to find.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#45]

Just making sure you were aware that the Gen 2 PEQ and backdated 2-3 still stick out compared to the issued Gen 1 rails, which in themselves are impossible to find.
View Quote

This is where I would like to get hands on this stuff, at this moment its all just a dream, parts hunting never ends.

Would you happen to have information pertaining to Sara Jane that wouldn't be seen in your imgur thread?
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

https://www.knsprecisioninc.com/product/replacement-trigger-hammer-pins/

KNS has a pin that is oversize by 0.0015", might be worth a try, they don't cost very much.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By DStepec:

View Quote

I have not looked lately but GG2's could be had fairly cheap. Defense Distributed blew it with the GG3. Tons of people pissed off over the year and then some wait. The GG2 is great. Works perfect for my purposes. A little finiky with anodized lowers but all in all does a good job.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#48]

This is where I would like to get hands on this stuff, at this moment its all just a dream, parts hunting never ends.

Would you happen to have information pertaining to Sara Jane that wouldn't be seen in your imgur thread?
View Quote

Nope, it was one of the few early SPRs done in KalGard/Gun Kote's original mix of FDE, the baking turned it slightly orange-pink. FSB, ARMS rail, rear sight, scope, rings, and a few other parts remained black but the rest were coated. AFAIK all originally had the PEQ rails. I'm unsure the name of the gentleman carrying it but as shown it popped up in a number of photos with that writing on the buttstock.

Unfortunately no clue on the gentleman carrying it, I recall someone indicating they were in selection with him but I don't know if he's still with us or not. One of my goals was to hopefully find him if possible.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Drill the holes undersize and get yourself a .154 reamer. Alternately, you can buy oversize trigger and hammer pins. I've used them on a build or 2 that were slightly loose. Just tap them home and they won't move.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 12:51:24 AM EDT
[#50]
After a 2+ month wait, my Mod-H upper is in hand!
Here's a few pics of the initial mockup.

Page / 1181
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top