Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 205
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 7:11:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Damn, Didn't know your dude was that cheap. Kinda want send my Sandman S and K then.
View Quote

Do it!

Edit: Larue came in. Nice to swap the NX8 around easily. It honestly looks way better with the PRI.

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

That's not very operator.
View Quote

I'm over operation sticky fingers.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 7:00:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:

Do it!

Edit: Larue came in. Nice to swap the NX8 around easily. It honestly looks way better with the PRI.

https://i.imgur.com/NjdC0KU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lNZNX9k.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Damn, Didn't know your dude was that cheap. Kinda want send my Sandman S and K then.

Do it!

https://i.imgur.com/NjdC0KU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lNZNX9k.jpg

Ha, I have an LT104 on the way too.

I like it.  I bought a G high power mount (the shorty version that looks like a NF uni) to try out as well.  My big badger recon is not exactly a good match for the tiny nx8.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:36:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:

I like it.  I bought a G high power mount (the shorty version that looks like a NF uni) to try out as well.  My big badger recon is not exactly a good match for the tiny nx8.
View Quote

Ya NX8 is tiny! Cerakote is done on N6. Now it's like new. Well besides the 15-20k worth of carbon inside and the fact that it's direct thread now.

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Ya NX8 is tiny! Cerakote is done on N6. Now it's like new. Well besides the 15-20k worth of carbon inside and the fact that it's direct thread now.

https://i.imgur.com/TQoMDZS.jpg
View Quote

That looks just right.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:39:07 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

A clean black gun is hard to beat. Anything FF RAS and suppressed looks proper in black IMO.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:34:11 AM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

I finally reached a point where I was content with my builds...

@Eyekahn comes along with miniH and mini mod juan...

Not advertising, just curious what y'all think a Leupy 1.5-5 mk4 SPR in a LaRue 1.93" could sell for on the EE. Might offload it for an NX8 or better.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:42:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ForestRegion:

https://i.imgur.com/gvHlJfN.gif

Not advertising, just curious what y'all think a Leupy 1.5-5 mk4 SPR in a LaRue 1.93" could sell for on the EE. Might offload it for an NX8 or better.
View Quote

If you ever want to be content with builds then you need to retire from Arfcom. Build threads and the EE are terrible influences.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:44:09 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Haha! That great.

$800?
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

If you ever want to be content with builds then you need to retire from Arfcom. Build threads and the EE are terrible influences.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Outrider:

Ha, yea. I don't think I can leave yet. That was my roundabout way of giving a compliment.
Seriously, all y'alls FF RAS and PRI builds (true mini recces) are awesome. This thread and the rifles have influenced me on what I really want and need out of a rifle.
I have a lot of redundancy in capabilities that's just not necessary. If a lighter, shorter rifle can hit at 500 yards just as easily as a SPR or NSW recce, why would I keep investing in my longer guns that don't get shot?

Eyekahn got rid of his NSW because he can do the same thing with his 12.5" or 13." I need to trim the fat. Build one good 5.56 mini recce and get NV so I can shoot it...at coyotes...at night. I need a coyote fur hat.

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:58:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Haha! That great.

$800?
View All Quotes

Haha! That great.

$800?

Sounds about right.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:07:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#12]

Ha, yea. I don't think I can leave yet. That was my roundabout way of giving a compliment.
Seriously, all y'alls FF RAS and PRI builds (true mini recces) are awesome. This thread and the rifles have influenced me on what I really want and need out of a rifle.
I have a lot of redundancy in capabilities that's just not necessary. If a lighter, shorter rifle can hit at 500 yards just as easily as a SPR or NSW recce, why would I keep investing in my longer guns that don't get shot?

Eyekahn got rid of his NSW because he can do the same thing with his 12.5" or 13." I need to trim the fat. Build one good 5.56 mini recce and get NV so I can shoot it...at coyotes...at night. I need a coyote fur hat.

View Quote

All good info. I loved my NSW I'll build another one day as well as a legit MK12 but until I can justify $8k on builds I'll never shoot it's just gonna have to wait. The NSW is a MR just a long ass MR haha. I still believe if you could only own one rifle at all it would be a 15.1 NSW with a 1-8 ATACR. Pull the can off and you can move fast and light at close targets. Pop the can on and get hits out to 700.

I never really stuck with the MR concept until J built his. While I never really was pumped on the MK6 that rig just did it for me. Every time I shot it I got the same hits as my other rigs and it was tiny.

New cool mounts and rails are really badass but the OG GWOT style rails and mounts just make the look of a MR.  

I still have a few tweaks to make but if anyone wants to swap me their Tan M300 body for my M600 body hit me up! Trying to go a little shorter on the light.

Also, a heads up to anyone that's planning on running a spikes adjustable block under a PRI. The front mounting bracket hits the gas block. I just noticed it when going though my rifle.

I pulled that bracket off and snipped the front nut part off to secure the top rail at the muzzle. I guess you could modify the block if needed but those mounting brackets are pretty flimsy and easily replaced if you need to.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:53:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void] [#13]

All good info. I loved my NSW I'll build another one day as well as a legit MK12 but until I can justify $8k on builds I'll never shoot it's just gonna have to wait. The NSW is a MR just a long ass MR haha. I still believe if you could only own one rifle at all it would be a 15.1 NSW with a 1-8 ATACR. Pull the can off and you can move fast and light at close targets. Pop the can on and get hits out to 700.

I never really stuck with the MR concept until J built his. While I never really was pumped on the MK6 that rig just did it for me. Every time I shot it I got the same hits as my other rigs and it was tiny.

New cool mounts and rails are really badass but the OG GWOT style rails and mounts just make the look of a MR.  

I still have a few tweaks to make but if anyone wants to swap me their Tan M300 body for my M600 body hit me up! Trying to go a little shorter on the light.

Also, a heads up to anyone that's planning on running a spikes adjustable block under a PRI. The front mounting bracket hits the gas block. I just noticed it when going though my rifle.

I pulled that bracket off and snipped the front nut part off to secure the top rail at the muzzle. I guess you could modify the block if needed but those mounting brackets are pretty flimsy and easily replaced if you need to.
View All Quotes

I always do what you just said.  Snip off the nut bracket and get rid of the problem screw all together.

I hear ya on the OG rails.  My URX mlok doesn't do it for me.  It's nice, but, yeah....
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:54:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JSchell1309] [#14]

View Quote

If you are wanting to re-use your M600 head on a M300 body it won't work. The heads are setup for the amount of batteries that power them and cant be swapped between 300 and 600 sizes. I was given this advice and checked by placing an old 200 lumen 600 head on a 300 body... and it didn't work.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:00:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UndrGrndPrdcts] [#15]

I always do what you just said.  Snip off the nut bracket and get rid of the problem screw all together.

I hear ya on the OG rails.  My URX mlok doesn't do it for me.  It's nice, but, yeah....
View Quote

Its weird how this works. I keep trying mlok rails, but find I prefer quad rails or lots of picatinny.

I'm now casually on the lookout for a ff ras.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:23:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void] [#16]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

Its weird how this works. I keep trying mlok rails, but find I prefer quad rails or lots of picatinny.

View All Quotes

What are you looking for?

I'm the same way.  I got rid of all my G rails and went all KAC or PRI.  Now I'm thinking about switching my urx to another med ras.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Shit son I coulda told you stay tf outta here.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By JSchell1309:

If you are wanting to re-use your M600 head on a M300 body it won't work. The heads are setup for the amount of batteries that power them and cant be swapped between 300 and 600 sizes. I was given this advice and checked by placing an old 200 lumen 600 head on a 300 body... and it didn't work.
View Quote

Ahh thanks for the heads up. I thought the run time would just decrease.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#19]

I'm the same way.  I got rid of all my G rails and went all KAC or PRI.  Now I'm thinking about switching my urx to another med ras.
View Quote

Medium, same as everybody else.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 2:42:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void] [#20]

View All Quotes

ballisticdeals.com

Legit.  Have ordered a ton of KAC shit from them.  In fact, I just got ANOTHER medium ras lol
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 3:12:08 PM EDT
[#21]

ballisticdeals.com

Legit.  Have ordered a ton of KAC shit from them.  In fact, I just got ANOTHER medium ras lol
View Quote

. Gonna keep an eye on the ee for a bit first, can't beat those deals lol.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:13:54 PM EDT
[#22]

ballisticdeals.com

View Quote

I thought you weren't giving out the secret that is B Deals.com LOLOLOL.

But looking at all these MINI REECES with the FF Medium RAS, I just ordered myself one for my 6.8 SPC with an 11.3 Wilson Combat Barrel, that currently has a DD MFR XL Rail on that I would like to swap out.

Currently rocking an EOTech XPS2 with a Vortex VMT Magnifier on it, but would like to get an LPVO for it. Any recommendations for an LPVO For 1,000 or under? Any 6.8 SPC II Options out there for an LPVO, or isn't 6.8 SPC similar enough to 556 that I can compensate the difference relatively easy for Bullet Drop and holdovers, or should I look at .308 Optics?

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 12:41:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JSchell1309] [#23]
Man, I am thinking hard about one of the new Criterion CORE barrels in 11.5" with a KAC URX2 20549-3 setup with a LPVO.

The continuous taper and 1.35 lbs with chrome lining is pretty appealing for a MR style rifle. Is a 11.5 that much of an improvement over just running the LPVO on my 10.3 CQBR upper? That barrel and rail, even though they are longer, still comes out to 4 oz less than the DD Mk18 barrel and rail on paper.

Also, as soon as I have interest in that URX2 it looks like they are out of stock all over the web.

This photo isn't helping my thought process... such a good looking upper combo.

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:55:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By InfamousAK:

I thought you weren't giving out the secret that is B Deals.com LOLOLOL.

But looking at all these MINI REECES with the FF Medium RAS, I just ordered myself one for my 6.8 SPC with an 11.3 Wilson Combat Barrel, that currently has a DD MFR XL Rail on that I would like to swap out.

Currently rocking an EOTech XPS2 with a Vortex VMT Magnifier on it, but would like to get an LPVO for it. Any recommendations for an LPVO For 1,000 or under? Any 6.8 SPC II Options out there for an LPVO, or isn't 6.8 SPC similar enough to 556 that I can compensate the difference relatively easy for Bullet Drop and holdovers, or should I look at .308 Optics?

View Quote

Used gen II Razor
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:48:04 AM EDT
[#25]

https://i.imgur.com/mXmqsdu.jpg
View All Quotes

#VIAGRAFORARGUYS

This going to empty my wallet for a third consecutive week.

Used gen II Razor

Was looking at this and possibly a used Kahles and or Nightforce but those are outside my budget.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:31:48 AM EDT
[#26]
WC military account up and running.

I am so fucked.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ProfessorHorseyhead:
WC military account up and running.

I am so fucked.  
View Quote

Our wallets are about to reap the consequences for our addiction to MR crack.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I think I may be able to join the thread now.

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By drscws:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/229967/C34C6EB8-5CC3-41DA-8507-A51BAF16EFEB-1436543.jpg
View Quote

Solid!
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#30]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/229967/C34C6EB8-5CC3-41DA-8507-A51BAF16EFEB-1436543.jpg
View Quote

Well done.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Are you active duty, 20 years retired, disabled? Or regular vet?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:36:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Finalized my upper with new brake and gas block. Gave the barrel a deep clean to see what she can do with the new loads.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:44:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: actuallyambrose] [#34]
new scope arrived today

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Man, I am thinking hard about one of the new Criterion CORE barrels in 11.5" with a KAC URX2 20549-3 setup with a LPVO.

The continuous taper and 1.35 lbs with chrome lining is pretty appealing for a MR style rifle. Is a 11.5 that much of an improvement over just running the LPVO on my 10.3 CQBR upper? That barrel and rail, even though they are longer, still comes out to 4 oz less than the DD Mk18 barrel and rail on paper.

Also, as soon as I have interest in that URX2 it looks like they are out of stock all over the web.

This photo isn't helping my thought process... such a good looking upper combo.

View Quote

This rifle is awesome. Ive got a BCM upper/ URX 2 that Ayan built a few years ago with an 11.5 barrel. Didn't realize when I took it in trade that the gas port is for suppressed only. Ive got a can but I like to be able to shoot unsuppressed too.

Bore out the gas port or new, nicer barrel? Its waiting for permission from an unconstitutional agency for a stamp for a real stock.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#36]

Solid!
View Quote

Originally Posted By stainlineho:

Well done.
View Quote

Originally Posted By Quintin:
Gangster.
View Quote

Thanks!

I have a p4xi on the way. Should I keep the 1-6 Trijicon Creedo on or switch it out?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:56:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Thanks!

I have a p4xi on the way. Should I keep the 1-6 Trijicon Creedo on or switch it out?
View Quote

Compare the two and see what you think. I'm curious of your thoughts on the creedo.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:47:28 AM EDT
[#38]

Thanks!

View Quote

Steiner will look perfect on there.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:57:07 AM EDT
[#39]
I need to get some straight 20s for OG recce purposes.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:27:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: actuallyambrose] [#40]
just got back from the range
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:20:56 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

@stainlineho Oh, I'm just a dumbass civy. I have not served in any capacity other than civil service
Horseyhead's about to murder his wallet because of the military discount. Mine's about to get murdered because of all the inspiration in this thread's last few pages.
Sorry for the confusion.
Again, I am not a veteran.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#42]

@stainlineho Oh, I'm just a dumbass civy. I have not served in any capacity other than civil service
Horseyhead's about to murder his wallet because of the military discount. Mine's about to get murdered because of all the inspiration in this thread's last few pages.
Sorry for the confusion.
Again, I am not a veteran.
View Quote

Oh I was just wondering how strict they were.  It says only active and retired so you never know if that means 20 years retired or just a veteran.  I figure I'll just try.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#43]
The WC 11.3 finally came in. Fedex decided to give some lucky guy around the neighborhood a free barrel.
Re-barreled the Colt 11.5 to the 11.3. Profiles are similar, WC just trims some fat.
All that work for .2

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Damn what a bunch of fine looking weapons on this page.
Well done you guys, very well done!
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:
The WC 11.3 finally came in. Fedex decided to give some lucky guy around the neighborhood a free barrel.
Re-barreled the Colt 11.5 to the 11.3. Profiles are similar, WC just trims some fat.
All that work for .2
https://i.imgur.com/S3krAdW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Zn4ZvRW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/JDzPMmah.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/wT0KqGvh.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/Wgrj6so.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:58:34 PM EDT
[#47]
are SBA3 equipped weapons kosher? I built this solely inspired by this thread

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:04:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void] [#48]
Day drinking and painting.

I'm fucking Picasso

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:05:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By HimIOwe:
are SBA3 equipped weapons kosher? I built this solely inspired by this thread

https://i.imgur.com/KsbeyiQ.jpg
View Quote

No.

Putting a brace in here is like whipping out your meat in Victoria's secret.  It ain't gonna end well.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:
All that work for .2
https://i.imgur.com/S3krAdW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Zn4ZvRW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/JDzPMmah.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/wT0KqGvh.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/Wgrj6so.jpg
View Quote

I like it.
Page / 205
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top