Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lowonair:
Well, it’s the only thing to clone so far
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lowonair:
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
What's been posted is pretty irrelevant for cloning fellas. Unless you want to clone the T&E guns
Well, it’s the only thing to clone so far
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:09:42 AM EDT
[#2]
The extent of my commitment thus far:

Well, technically I have the parts to make a complete gun minus accessories, but close enough. The DD barrel is still in my Block II CQBR and I've yet to get the new Colt barrel cut to 10.3". Also, I didn't want to put greasy parts on my nice white background :\.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 7:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:18:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vapor-Trail] [#4]
Is that a factory chopped barrel? Colt?

Didnt CD say he was seeing some FN replacement barrels for cqbrs as well?
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:24:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Vapor-Trail:

View All Quotes

That's a factory Colt SOCOM that was originally 14.5, now 10.1.

Yes on number 2 tho, CD does get 10.3" FN SOCOMs for CQBRs
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm embarrassed to post it, 10.1 looks miles better but 9.9 woulda been better
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:31:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
View Quote
Please post it! I gotta see it, thinking of doing the same thing. What's the weight on the barrel alone?
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:42:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spooled] [#8]
Originally Posted By vanquishings:

Please post it! I gotta see it, thinking of doing the same thing. What's the weight on the barrel alone?
View Quote
Not sure on the weight, don't have a scale adequate enough to weigh it properly.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:12:13 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
Would 9.9” be harder to remove the suppressor?
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
Yes, 10.3" FN SOCOM along with Crane cut down Colt 10.3"
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:59:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Sweet Jesus.

I should be getting my Mk16 tomorrow to swap on my 10.3 KAC Mod 2. I'm afraid my gap is going to be a bit on the large side. Especially with my MAMS muzzle device and NT4.

We shall see.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 12:16:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
A 10.3" SOCOM barrel is 1 lb 7.4 oz.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 12:21:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pezboytate] [#14]
View Quote
Put a rod down the bore, mark it and measure it. Also measure the thread length. Also measure the rail length. If the rail is in fact 9.30", a 10.10" barrel with .63" long threads should be flush with the end of the rail.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Yes, 10.3" FN SOCOM along with Crane cut down Colt 10.3"
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_4690_JPG-769274.JPG

CD
View Quote
Hey CD,

What do you guys do with the notches from the fixed FSB on the cut down Colt barrels? Leave them? Paint them? Fill them?

Thanks, love your input and contribution on these threads!
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ThRob:

Hey CD,

What do you guys do with the notches from the fixed FSB on the cut down Colt barrels? Leave them? Paint them? Fill them?

View Quote
Leave them as is.

CD
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Leave them as is.

CD
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ThRob:

Hey CD,

Leave them as is.

CD
You mean you don't fire up the ol' stick welder?
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#18]
4th annual silencers, sbr’s, select fires, and s’mores was a good time last night. Put About 500 more rounds on the 10.3 URGI and it still ran great.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Poverty pony lower to fit in with the poor people-
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Me so confused. Select fire P.P. lower? How?
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:54:18 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
Dealer Sample
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:56:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By allensaldi:
Dealer Sample
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By allensaldi:

Dealer Sample
Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 3:11:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Where do I sign up?
View Quote
With the ATF for an FFL and a SOT
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Leave them as is.

CD
View Quote
Thanks for the info kind sir
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Haha i figured that would cause a weir erection.

The SOT who owns them said they are cheap and work and he has had more fitment issues with Colt and Knights then he has had with the PP
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Conner378:

The SOT who owns them said they are cheap and work and he has had more fitment issues with Colt and Knights then he has had with the PP
View All Quotes

You should get a photo shoot with one of his lowers in an SF guys hands, make my poverty pony lower clone correct

That gun is like the ultimate troll. I love it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#26]

You should get a photo shoot with one of his lowers in an SF guys hands, make my poverty pony lower clone correct

View Quote
If you ever want something to be "in the wild" clone-correct, then just send it C_D, beg him to put it on a service rifle, and ask him to post a pic.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By A_Friendly_Manatee:
If you ever want something to be "in the wild" clone-correct, then just send it C_D, beg him to put it on a service rifle, and ask him to post a pic.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By A_Friendly_Manatee:

Ya see I would but.....sending a lower to Afghanistan sounds kind of......risky.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#28]
What're all the cloners going to do when they realize that this upper isn't being issued?
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By huntsimp87:
What're all the cloners going to do when they realize that this upper isn't being issued?
View Quote
Have a sweet 14.5 and 10.3 geissele upper that will still be just as fun to shoot and throw them in the safe next to the real clones

But if you were buying these only because the military was gonna get them you might be doing it wrong
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Have a sweet 14.5 and 10.3 geissele upper that will still be just as fun to shoot and throw them in the safe next to the real clones

But if you were buying these only because the military was gonna get them you might be doing it wrong
View Quote
Yup. Mine wouldn't be wearing BCM receivers or magpul grip/vfg if I bought this to clone.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
All in all it is a pretty sweet setup that people have been asking a long time for. Regardless of what they are saying about clones and this and that and losing a contract etc etc etc.

Anyone who bought the URGI in any length and/or the rails G had on sale for Black Friday got a quality piece of kit.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote
The 14.5"s are cloneable IMO regardless of them being fielded or not.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 7:00:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreasyEasy] [#33]
That's what a perfect range trip looks like.  That must have been a ton of fun.  I don't even want to know how much you guys spent on ammo
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Man, this has me feeling some kind of way. Got a close up on the can attached and the handguard. Might be worth looking at 10.0 even. But 10.1 looks great. Quit giving me ideas, dammit!
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
Pretty much this,
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#36]
I wanted an all black URG-I so I have a brand new take off DDC MK16 and ACH. If anyone is interested in them for Geissele’s price + shipping post here before they go in the EE.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Man, this has me feeling some kind of way. Got a close up on the can attached and the handguard. Might be worth looking at 10.0 even. But 10.1 looks great. Quit giving me ideas, dammit!
View Quote
You could pull off 10 easily, probably 9.8 honestly.

if anyone has anymore questions I'll field them in the mk16 thread, since my rifle isn't "clone"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#38]
You could pull off 10 easily, probably 9.8 honestly.

if anyone has anymore questions I'll field them in the mk16 thread, since my rifle isn't "clone"

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/297824/6924C6F2-5783-4D0B-BE6C-13B0805BB069_jpeg-770335.JPG
View Quote
Answer them here, its the URGI thread and they will probably never be clones to be honest
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 6:24:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Recce_Gear] [#39]
View Quote
And you know this how?  Just because there is a delay with the 14.5" URG-I kits being fielded, it does not mean that this has been cancelled.  Furthermore, the MK18 uppers/kits are still under evaluation by both USASOC and AFSOC.  There isn't an Urgent Needs Statement out there for these items that I have seen, so the process needs to run its course.  And in case you are not aware, Crane ran 34,000 rounds through each of the three test units that they had and only published those results within the last 90 to 120 days. Combat Diver and Geiselle have both confirmed that this is still moving forward, as well.   Did the Navy cancel the NSN's and discontinue the upper kits, yes, but they also just announced the award for, and began the process of procuring, the SURG for Navy (WARCOM/NAVSOC) and Marine Corps (MARSOC) units.

There are enough rumors and speculation running around in this thread that it is deafening.  Unless you have first hand knowledge of something, it is best to just keep it to yourself instead of adding more fuel to the misinformation fire.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:10:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vapor-Trail] [#40]
Originally Posted By Recce_Gear:

And you know this how?  Just because there is a delay with the 14.5" URG-I kits being fielded, it does not mean that this has been cancelled.  Furthermore, the MK18 uppers/kits are still under evaluation by both USASOC and AFSOC.  There isn't an Urgent Needs Statement out there for these items that I have seen, so the process needs to run its course.  And in case you are not aware, Crane ran 34,000 rounds through each of the three test units that they had and only published those results within the last 90 to 120 days. Combat Diver and Geiselle have both confirmed that this is still moving forward, as well.   Did the Navy cancel the NSN's and discontinue the upper kits, yes, but they also just announced the award for, and began the process of procuring, the SURG for Navy (WARCOM/NAVSOC) and Marine Corps (MARSOC) units.

There are enough rumors and speculation running around in this thread that it is deafening.  Unless you have first hand knowledge of something, it is best to just keep it to yourself instead of adding more fuel to the misinformation fire.
View Quote
Thank you Recce, yes

I like how all the poors seem to wander into these threads for a topic they have absolutely no interest in, to gloat about rumors they have no info about.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Thank you Recce, yes

I like how all the poors seem to wander into these threads for a topic they have absolutely no interest in, to gloat about rumors they have no info about.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Recce_Gear:

Thank you Recce, yes

Hey! Don't lump all us poors into the same group.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:06:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Received my second Geissele black Friday order.  Allowed me to mount the Razor and get one step close on it.

Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:53:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: delta_romeo_echo] [#43]
Originally Posted By FDEinAZ:
Received my second Geissele black Friday order.  Allowed me to mount the Razor and get one step close on it.

https://i.imgur.com/mOPK94Z.jpg
View Quote
Oh I like that! Looks like your G rail matches up to FDE pretty well, or is that Coyote? Think I'm doing the same color combo but want the NF ATACR in black in the G DDC mount.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:28:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:

Oh I like that! Looks like your G rail matches up to FDE pretty well, or is that Coyote? Think I'm doing the same color combo but want the NF ATACR in black in the G DDC mount.
View Quote
Thanks! Yeah the stock is coyote, grip is KAC taupe and FDE for the PMAG.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 3:27:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tactical_dude] [#45]
#ColtCloneLife

Link Posted: 12/16/2018 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Received my short rail, but still no ITW pics, so RIS II's staying for now. Any news on when these might be fielded?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone Wana trade a nib DDC MK16 9.3 for a NIB DDC FED rail? Email me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Tmender03:
Received my short rail, but still no ITW pics, so RIS II's staying for now. Any news on when these might be fielded?
View Quote
I'm still told the first group to receive them will be between Jan-Mar 19.

CD
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:24:14 PM EDT
[#49]

CD
View Quote
This is the word I got too.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#50]

CD
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tmender03:

CD
Probably just the 14.5" kits though, right?
Page / 264
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top