[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HammerForged:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HammerForged:
Originally Posted By samuse:
Maybe they wanted something as bad-ass as their Eotechs?
Well it did lead to an Improved product that USASOC is still buying and using.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:52:09 AM EDT
[#3]

A lot of drama surrounding this upper, but I am quite happy so far. It started with an Eotech EXPS and G33, but it was just too clunky. I am really enjoying the Scalarworks sights and T2 setup.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:47:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#4]
Originally Posted By 56cbr600rr:
Tried something different today.  10x magnification.  Not super impressed with the barrel so far...  Need to get it on bags.  Leaning towards converting it to a NSW Recce

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c361/blklexus74/4B9FCEE4-37AA-45EC-B92F-3746760E6170.jpg
View Quote
What were you expecting? Last group I shot was 1.5inch at 100yd using non magnified EOTech.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 3:09:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
Well it did lead to an Improved product that USASOC is still buying and using.
View Quote
Yeah I have an Eotech and like them, but he had a good response.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Carolina Laser Works finishing touch on the lower

Link Posted: 1/12/2019 4:14:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#7]
Originally Posted By FDEinAZ:
Carolina Laser Works finishing touch on the lower

https://i.postimg.cc/9MBHK170/URGI-Edit.jpg
View Quote
Nice, now just need a Can, laser and light and she will be perfect

CLW does nice work and they are only 30 mins away.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Nice, now just need a Can, laser and light and she will be perfect

CLW does nice work and they are only 30 mins away.
View Quote
Agreed, I’m thinking the can will be next. I keep sending my wife random pictures of the golden ticket until she caves
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got my near clone URGI.  I got the LMT lower off the EE here.

Link Posted: 1/13/2019 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ArticWhiteGL:
I just got my near clone URGI.  I got the LMT lower off the EE here.

http://i.imgur.com/KPApZmS.jpg
View Quote
How is the lock-up between the upper and lower receivers? I have the URGI near clone matched to a Colt lower and it is quite wobbly.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 9:33:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Ive got a 10.3 urgi on a lmt defender 2000 lower and the fitment on mine is very snug
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 12:26:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By brx123:
Ive got a 10.3 urgi on a lmt defender 2000 lower and the fitment on mine is very snug
View Quote
I second this.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 5:16:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By goldwinggoat:

How is the lock-up between the upper and lower receivers? I have the URGI near clone matched to a Colt lower and it is quite wobbly.
View Quote
I swapped out the pivot and take down pin on my Colt and took up some of the slop.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 1:46:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wake27] [#14]
Mine was super tight on my Noveske. Colt's tend to not have the best fit and finish.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 4:02:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
What were you expecting? Last group I shot was 1.5inch at 100yd using non magnified EOTech.
View All Quotes
Tried something different today.  10x magnification.  Not super impressed with the barrel so far...  Need to get it on bags.  Leaning towards converting it to a NSW Recce

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c361/blklexus74/4B9FCEE4-37AA-45EC-B92F-3746760E6170.jpg
People do realize this is still the DD 14.5" barrel correct? Not some Douglas or crazy match barrel with .75 MOA accuracy? IT sounds like people bought it expecting 1MOA groups at 1k yards with an Eotech.....SMH
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#16]
No wobbly at all.  My Colt and Smith and Wesson rifles, that I bought as complete rifles, have trace wobble.  I put a Accuwedge on the Colt and no more wobble.  I put a small rubble washer on the rear as below.  Not my rifle:

Link Posted: 1/14/2019 6:01:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#17]
The grail URG-I

(not mine)

Link Posted: 1/14/2019 7:21:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C6H12O6] [#18]
Cool

I wish they sold lowers.

Mods I’d do w/ replacements in parentheses:

Sell upper receiver (Colt cage code)
Sell buffer tube (Colt 4-position)
Sell stock (B5 coyote SOPMOD)
Sell grip (KAC taupe A2)
Sell trigger guard (Colt standard w/ Ergo gapper)
Sell bolt catch (Colt standard)
Sell
Sell selector (Colt ambi full auto)
Cerakote black the lower
New M4A1 UID label from Carolina Laser Works
Add a Vortex Razor
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 7:52:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#19]
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:

Cool

I wish they sold lowers.

Mods I'd do w/ replacements in parentheses:

Sell grip (KAC taupe A2)
Sell
Cerakote black the lower
Add a Vortex Razor
View Quote
me too

It's in the EE now for $7500. Its GS5414's personal URG-I
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Its in the EE now for $7500
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2019 7:58:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#21]

View All Quotes

Its in the EE now for $7500

It is one of three made, however I will have to GBPSE
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#22]
me too

View All Quotes

Cool

I wish they sold lowers.

Mods I'd do w/ replacements in parentheses:

Sell grip (KAC taupe A2)
Sell
Cerakote black the lower
Add a Vortex Razor
me too

That would be a nice addition to the collection for a multitude of reasons, but that sort of money basically buys me WP binos. Plus, I'm hoping that given some time all (or at least most of) the specialty stuff gets to market.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By dlm1984:

That would be a nice addition to the collection for a multitude of reasons, but that sort of money basically buys me WP binos. Plus, I'm hoping that given some time all (or at least most of) the specialty stuff gets to market.
View Quote
Do you think Geissele will ever sell DDC lowers? seems like that would be a big seller.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 8:49:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dlm1984] [#24]
Do you think Geissele will ever sell DDC lowers? seems like that would be a big seller.
View All Quotes

I would love a nice DDC billet lower.  And a green one.  And a black one.  Do I expect that to happen any time soon?  No.

A slightly tweaked forged lower seems a bit more likely to me, but I expect that LE rifles will keep them busy for a while.  Then maybe they'd sell complete rifles to the civilian market.  After that, I could see components, like lowers, becoming available, but I'm sure not going to hold my breath.  We'll see what tomorrow's announcements hold...historically, Bill has shared a good bit of information about what's coming down the road, so I/we might be surprised. I still love Joy, but that hasn't made it to market yet and he'd originally mentioned it should be available this past summer, so...time tables can (and do) change.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:29:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:33:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vtm204] [#26]
Finally got the opportunity to shoot my 10.3" URG-I near clone.  I wish I didn't have to say this but I was having issues.  I would shoot 2-3 rounds and then it would fail to feed the next round.  OR I would shoot 2-3 rounds and it would fail to eject the spent casing.  I admit that I was using a Spike's T2 buffer and a mil-spec spring with Gen 2 PMAG.  Didn't have the Geissele Super 42 spring and weight (H3) that came with it to try swapping out.  Has me skeptical for the Dead Air can that I am waiting on too...
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:55:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By vtm204:
Finally got the opportunity to shoot my 10.3" URG-I near clone.  I wish I didn't have to say this but I was having issues.  I would shoot 2-3 rounds and then it would fail to feed the next round.  OR I would shoot 2-3 rounds and it would fail to eject the spent casing.  I admit that I was using a Spike's T2 buffer and a mil-spec spring with Gen 2 PMAG.  Didn't have the Geissele Super 42 spring and weight (H3) that came with it to try swapping out.  Has me skeptical for the Dead Air can that I am waiting on too...
View Quote
That is strange. Most of us have no issues at all with H2 buffers/standard springs/10.3" .070" ported barrels. Could try a standard carbine buffer I suppose
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 11:29:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Was hoping 1 moa.  Didn’t achieve it, and this was with 10x magnification.   My Colt SOCOM could.

Originally Posted By TEXASGUNGUY022003:
People do realize this is still the DD 14.5" barrel correct? Not some Douglas or crazy match barrel with .75 MOA accuracy? IT sounds like people bought it expecting 1MOA groups at 1k yards with an Eotech.....SMH
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TEXASGUNGUY022003:

Link Posted: 1/14/2019 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:03:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By vtm204:
View Quote
I remember hearing about several issues with Spikes buffers. Swap that for a real one before anything else.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 1:04:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I
Originally Posted By Wake27:

I remember hearing about several issues with Spikes buffers. Swap that for a real one before anything else.
View Quote
I've had zero issues with mine. I have about 10 strung out across different rifles and they work in everything I put them in. I shot my 10.3" URG-I the other day with a T2 and no issues. Suppressed with SOCOM RC
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#33]
A GREAT SHOT SESSION!!!

Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:33:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Well this thread is about to blow up LOL.

Bill just showed Mk16 DDC and ODG complete rifles coming to the civy market on the live stream. Looks like these rails are going to be released outside of mil or clone configs, and will be in wider circulation that ever anticipated.

That kind of bums me out since I thought that the Mk16 rails would be in the clone category.

Side note that green mk16 complete 10.3 cqbr he showed was super good looking, like wow good looking.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:39:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

Bill just showed Mk16 DDC and ODG complete rifles coming to the civy market on the live stream. Looks like these rails are going to be released outside of mil or clone configs, and will be in wider circulation that ever anticipated.

That kind of bums me out since I thought that the Mk16 rails would be in the clone category.

Side note that green mk16 complete 10.3 cqbr he showed was super good looking, like wow good looking.
View Quote
Gotta do something with all those extra rails that are sitting around
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 12:48:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Silverww] [#37]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

View Quote
Is the full rifle ddc or just the rail and CH?

edit: Is there a thread that discusses what the released, I tired to watch their ig live but they werent actually showing anything due to restrictions on selling guns on ig
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 12:54:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Silverww:

edit: Is there a thread that discusses what the released, I tired to watch their ig live but they werent actually showing anything due to restrictions on selling guns on ig
View Quote
Full rifle in the pics

Link Posted: 1/16/2019 2:39:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Silverww:

View Quote
@Silverww

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 2:43:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#40]
It's funny. The MK16 gets less and less exclusive every day. First it was Black Friday, now they're gonna be offered on complete rifles. Why did Geissele claim at first that they would never be sold independently outside of the clone uppers when they're now everywhere? I bet people that paid a premium for one trusting what Geissele said to he true aren't happy. I'm one of those guys. A week before Black Friday, too.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 2:46:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 871JZ:
It's funny. The MK16 gets less and less exclusive every day. First it was Black Friday, now they're gonna be offered on complete rifles. Why did Geissele claim at first that they would never be sold independently outside of the clone uppers when they're now everywhere? I bet people that paid a premium for one trusting what Geissele said to he true aren't happy. I'm one of those guys. A week before Black Friday, too.
View Quote
they do the same thing to their "dealers", undercutting dealer cost with sales below what dealers paid to stock the items.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 6:41:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dlm1984] [#42]
View Quote
I don't recall seeing anything about them being exclusive to the URGI?

I think the black Friday wording could have been a bit different, but I understood it to mean that some of the colors were once and done and the release with NSN numbered charging handles was once and done.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#43]

I don't recall seeing anything about them being exclusive to the URGI?

I think the black Friday wording could have been a bit different, but I understood it mean that some of the colors were once and done and the release with NSN numbered charging handles was once and done.
View Quote
I agree, I asked when the clone uppers came out in public on instagram somewhere and they said the rails would be available eventually. I personally love the mk16
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
I don't get the complaint. There is always the risk of something no longer being exclusive. You buy early, you're paying the premium to be one of the first. You ensure that you have it in hand in case they stop manufacturing it or change. You also run the risk of it being mass produced later on and driving prices down. Just part of the game. KAC had the vault release last year which killed prices on out of production rails and accessories. The Mk16 rail was $395 with the charging handle correct? Call it a $100 charging handle and the rail is under $300. Look at the DD RIS II which was over $400 when it was available. Decade old FF RAS from KAC are still north of $300. I saw value in the package.

I just don't get the idea of being "exclusive". I want the best gear available. And I welcome companies who even provide the opportunity to own the same gear being fielded by the military because they could've told us to fuck off like a bunch of other companies.

No good deed goes unpunished.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Mrgunsngear:
https://i.imgur.com/RCTIFlvl.jpg
View Quote
So sexy, want badly
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:49:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
I don't get the complaint. There is always the risk of something no longer being exclusive. You buy early, you're paying the premium to be one of the first. You ensure that you have it in hand in case they stop manufacturing it or change. You also run the risk of it being mass produced later on and driving prices down. Just part of the game. KAC had the vault release last year which killed prices on out of production rails and accessories. The Mk16 rail was $395 with the charging handle correct? Call it a $100 charging handle and the rail is under $300. Look at the DD RIS II which was over $400 when it was available. Decade old FF RAS from KAC are still north of $300. I saw value in the package.

I just don't get the idea of being "exclusive". I want the best gear available. And I welcome companies who even provide the opportunity to own the same gear being fielded by the military because they could've told us to fuck off like a bunch of other companies.

View All Quotes

It's not quite as basic as marketing 101 but maybe advanced marketing in modern day.
There's those gotta-have-it's fanatics that'll pay premium to have it first.  These are the people waiting in line for iphones, google glass (remember that), etc.
Once that market is saturated then they offer it up to main stream maybe not in the same package but with something different that doesn't piss off the first group.  maybe commercial geissele markings instead of roll marks.
Then they come back and offer "retro" versions to recapture the market and gain a second wind.  Look at nintendo/kac/etc.

The whole concept of limited edition drives sales because people are afraid they can't get something and don't want to pay egregious markup afterwards.  That's kind of the whole firearm market at a macro level in essence, which is funny when viewed that way. We're conditioned to think that laws will change any day now so get it while you can before you can't get it anymore.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By berkeleygiraffe:
It's not quite as basic as marketing 101 but maybe advanced marketing in modern day.
There's those gotta-have-it's fanatics that'll pay premium to have it first.  These are the people waiting in line for iphones, google glass (remember that), etc.
Once that market is saturated then they offer it up to main stream maybe not in the same package but with something different that doesn't piss off the first group.  maybe commercial geissele markings instead of roll marks.
Then they come back and offer "retro" versions to recapture the market and gain a second wind.  Look at nintendo/kac/etc.

The whole concept of limited edition drives sales because people are afraid they can't get something and don't want to pay egregious markup afterwards.  That's kind of the whole firearm market at a macro level in essence, which is funny when viewed that way. We're conditioned to think that laws will change any day now so get it while you can before you can't get it anymore.
View All Quotes

Thing is, it was pushed as exclusive by Bill himself. Yeah, I get the whole "limited" thing to drive sales, but to be honest, I expected more from G... lesson learned.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By slag:
Thing is, it was pushed as exclusive by Bill himself. Yeah, I get the whole "limited" thing to drive sales, but to be honest, I expected more from G... lesson learned.
View All Quotes

Yeah I forget if it was Bill or somebody on the GACS account, but it was definitely pushed as an exclusive run.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote
He's damned if he does and damned if he don't. People were asking for individual rails for sale from day 1. Folks were buying URGI uppers and gutting them for the Mk16. People asked for clone uppers. I ain't saying G has been perfect but he's at least listened to his customer base which is a lot more than can be said about many manufacturers. For BF the Mk16 was available and they had TONS of stock and were kind enough to prevent re sellers from hoarding the product and flipping. Now he's offering a complete rifle which is a step above the URGI. As of right now the Mk16 is still exclusive because you could/can only acquire 3 ways.

1. URGI
2. Black Friday sale
3. Complete rifle in the near future

I can't fault the man for delivering and offering a product if the demand is there.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#50]
His company has to sell stuff, not cater to people who want exclusive items to post on their instagram pages.
Page / 263
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top