User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 265
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

As a clone the SF3P is at least closer then one that isn't issued.

CD
View Quote
But warcomps have at least been seen being used/tested. I dont know if 3 prongs have.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By M4A1SOPMOD:
But warcomps have at least been seen being used/tested. I dont know if 3 prongs have.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

CD
I would go warcomp if you want the performance benefits, SF3P if you don't want to get lynched by the clone police. If the SF4P is going to be the only thing used, then they're both equally as incorrect.

Something to also keep in mind- certain units may use different things here and there- this has been a constant throughout the SERPERMD program
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks MILSPEC556 and CD.  That sells it for me.  Mine will have a Warcomp to go on my Spikes Optimal barrel.  Won't  be a clone but will still look close.  Dont worry I wont post pics here.  Can't wait to see more pics in here of your URG-Is.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
I would go warcomp if you want the performance benefits, SF3P if you don't want to get lynched by the clone police. If the SF4P is going to be the only thing used, then they're both equally as incorrect.

Something to also keep in mind- certain units may use different things here and there- this has been a constant throughout the SERPERMD program
View All Quotes

CD

Now I need one of those SOPMOD posters or a shirt that says "SERPMERD"
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 12:08:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone know if there is talks of a CQBR URGI?

Also, is anyone planning on running a 1-4/1-6 optic when they pick up this upper? I plan on getting one but don’t wanna build a RECCE setup if I have this and can slap a low power optic on it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Slovpeter:
Anyone know if there is talks of a CQBR URGI?

Also, is anyone planning on running a 1-4/1-6 optic when they pick up this upper? I plan on getting one but don’t wanna build a RECCE setup if I have this and can slap a low power optic on it.
View Quote
Yes, I have heard of a 10.3" URGI.  No details on it or any replacement optics yet.

CD
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 12:31:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#7]
I was watching that TV show SEAL Team last Wednesday and apparently they already have the 10.3 URG's (at least that's what they looked like to me).......  So they must be real.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View All Quotes

CD

The ERMERGERD SERPMERD program.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JJREA:
I was watching that TV show SEAL Team last Wednesday and apparently they already have the 10.3 URG's (at least that's what they looked like to me).......  So they must be real.  
View Quote
Those are 416s
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 4:10:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 4:17:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#11]
Originally Posted By ThRob:
http://i67.tinypic.com/r9fvqd.png
View Quote
ERMAHGERD BLERK 2!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 6:16:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#13]

Those are 416s
View Quote
ETA:  I just looked at the URG rails and I guess they ARE different.  My bad.  I thought they were trying to be all up on the times.  Not sure what rails those are supposed to be clones of though......  I Samson's?  Like in the Mod H thread?

I don't think that's what I was seeing.....  I only really watched the last episode.  Otherwise I'm usually gone when it's on.  Last episode was on a little later.  What's this rail on the one in the background?

Or the one (actually the two) on the right?  Maybe I'm not seeing it correctly.....  But it looks like a URG rail to me....

Link Posted: 3/5/2018 6:20:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#14]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

I don't think that's what I was seeing.....  I only really watched the last episode.  Otherwise I'm usually gone when it's on.  Last episode was on a little later.  What's this rail on the one in the background?

https://wwwimage-secure.cbsstatic.com/thumbnails/photos/w370/episode/8c8677c114776b95_seal_recap_1920x1080.jpg

Or the one (actually the two) on the right?  Maybe I'm not seeing it correctly.....  But it looks like a URG rail to me....

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/seal-team-cast-01.jpg
View Quote
No, those are 416s with the Geissele 416 SMR

Link Posted: 3/5/2018 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#15]
OK, gotcha.  I'm so not down with this newfangled stuff.  I guess I should just stick with BHD stuff.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes

CD

MAKE IT SO!
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 10:32:32 PM EDT
[#17]
http://i67.tinypic.com/r9fvqd.png
View Quote
YAASSSSSS
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 4:24:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AAMP84] [#18]
Surefire 4 prong flash hider popped up DSG Arms new products page.  Aren't these the ones that are supposed to be discontinued for civilian sales?  Sorry if this is incorrect, I don't really follow the clone game.
https://dsgarms.com/suffh556-215a
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 4:29:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AAMP84:
Surefire 4 prong flash hider popped up DSG Arms new products page.  Aren't these the ones that are supposed to be discontinued for civilian sales?  Sorry if this is incorrect, I don't really follow the clone game.
View Quote
That's a different SF4P (215a)

Lets just say....Surefire makes a lot of very similar muzzle devices. Lol
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 5:58:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Would it make sense to run a 1-6 optic on this upper compared to something like a BCM SS410? I mean I know this is a clone thread, but I figured I would ask. I've got some pics of SF dudes Ive worked with running Keymod rails that they put on themselves, but obviously they arent stainless match barrels and they just took off the RIS II rail.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 7:20:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Would it make sense to run a 1-6 optic on this upper compared to something like a BCM SS410? I mean I know this is a clone thread, but I figured I would ask. I've got some pics of SF dudes Ive worked with running Keymod rails that they put on themselves, but obviously they arent stainless match barrels and they just took off the RIS II rail.
View Quote
You can put any optic on just don't call it a clone yet.  Till it gets issued its all speculation on what it will have.  Educated guess thou its want's on Blk IIs right now.

CD
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 7:30:48 AM EDT
[#22]

You can put any optic on just don't call it a clone yet.  Till it gets issued its all speculation on what it will have.  Educated guess thou its want's on Blk IIs right now.

CD
View Quote
I’m not really looking for a clone but rather an inspired built because quite frankly I don’t wanna have more rifles than I need if I can effectively run a 1-6 on then URGI instead of getting a RECCE upper since I’ll probably get a URGI CQBR if that comes out
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:48:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AAMP84:
View Quote
Not the right one. That's for the previous-gen "Fast Attach" Surefire suppressor. Notice the ratchet teeth are on the FH rather than being internal to the suppressor.

It it is the BE Meyers licensed version that evolved to later become the 4P and later 3P
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
It makes sense to put a quality 1-6 like vortex or kahles on just about anything.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:10:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By nihilsum:
It makes sense to put a quality 1-6 like vortex or kahles on just about anything.
View All Quotes
Would a 1-8X such as the Nightforce NX8 be overkill on the magnification?
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:32:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By papabear1868:
View All Quotes
Not at all. I don't know about you, but I like being able to see what I'm shooting at.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 2:42:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Not at all. I don't know about you, but I like being able to see what I'm shooting at.
View All Quotes
Touche
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
But no clone correct charging handle and wrong gas block.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Vapor-Trail:
Originally Posted By sagmill:
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
Originally Posted By Vapor-Trail:

Guys I have to take ownership here of this.

The DD barrels have been doing very well in Govt testing over other military barrels and I was curious why.  So we analyzed one and I saw that the barrel contained not an insignificant amount of nickel which 4140 and 4150 do not.  Also a very clean steel.

To me this added nickel indicated a different steel composition than off the shelf gun grade barrel steel and I assumed that this was special to DD.

I made this comment before looking at some other analysis of late Colt barrels and they also have nickel in them.

So I am retracting my special sauce comment.  DD just has a darn good, well made barrel.
Hi Bill.

First off I would like to thank you for offering the MK16 rails on a complete upper to the public. I for one appreciate the fact that you did, so thank you.

Many here have pre-ordered their uppers from Brownells and are excited to get them.

But if the purpose of the upper is to be as near-clone correct as possible, wouldn't it be better and easier to do if the uppers shipped with the correct DD MK12 gas block?

Even if the G gas block is nicer?

I think a lot of the fence-sitters here would join in on the pre-order if the uppers used the DD block.

What do you think?

Best Regards
Vapor I see your point.  I just figured that the next revision of our Super Gas Block in nitrided 17-4 stainless would be preferred over a chrome-moly one.  Also a bomb proof cross pin instead of just set screws.  Let me look into it.
Thanks for chiming in here, Bill. There's no doubt that your new SGB will be bomb-proof, but unfortunately when it comes to cloning you'll see that legitimate upgrades in functionality will virtually always be cast aside in favor of what's "clone correct". We're an odd bunch like that.  
Ok, understood.

What’s your opinion on the SP3 vs SP4?  There will always be a difference.
We usually try to find unavailable parts like the 4 prong on the second hand market. Some people accept the three prong similar to how some accept a 16" barrel on an M4 or M4A1 clone. It depends how stringent someone is. For those wanting a 4 prong, a pinned 3 prong would be a large waste of funds.
Plus I'm sure the ones who want a 4p would just get the stripped version then find an add one themselves.
But no clone correct charging handle and wrong gas block.
Since I don't really care about the GB, I'm going stripped...and I laid in a decent supply (I forget how many) of 4Ps when they were available so I'll add that + an ACH.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Shit I almost forgot about these uppers.

I have two on pre-order. These still coming out this month?
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 12:13:59 AM EDT
[#31]
http://i64.tinypic.com/15zfq1.jpg
View Quote
That's not DDC it almost looks to be a cerakote color???
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 12:21:11 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote
SOCOM Mini looks sweet on the URG-I
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 12:44:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Fucking hell... so close to pre ordering this upper and getting an SR15 at the same time. Should I do it?
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 1:01:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Fucking hell... so close to pre ordering this upper and getting an SR15 at the same time. Should I do it?
View Quote
Both.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#35]
It's the middle of March, any new eta on uppers?
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 3:30:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrKV] [#36]
What surefire light mounts are they using on their 416's with the Geissele rails?

Debating on what mount to use or if I should just get some pic rails to slap it on, any suggestions? Thoughts?

That arisaka defense mount looks

ETA- S&S precision mounts on their 416's with Geissele rails.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 4:54:16 PM EDT
[#37]
I have an Arisaka mount on my M300V. They're awesome.

Arisaka is also awesome to deal with. I was going to order one of their light bodies but he told me not to because they don't work with the IR heads, something I didn't know, so he saved me some money and a headache there. Then a few months later I put loctite on the screws and when I tried to take the mount off I ended up stripping the hell out of one of them and ended up just drilling it out. Will from Arisaka sent me new screws at no charge that I had in my hands before my handguard was back from cerakote.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ronjohnbb:
I have an Arisaka mount on my M300V. They're awesome.

Arisaka is also awesome to deal with. I was going to order one of their light bodies but he told me not to because they don't work with the IR heads, something I didn't know, so he saved me some money and a headache there. Then a few months later I put loctite on the screws and when I tried to take the mount off I ended up stripping the hell out of one of them and ended up just drilling it out. Will from Arisaka sent me new screws at no charge that I had in my hands before my handguard was back from cerakote.
View Quote
That's what I ended up going with. I have a feeling usasoc is just going to get pic rail sections and mount stuff that way for now.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 12:36:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By MrKV:

That's what I ended up going with. I have a feeling usasoc is just going to get pic rail sections and mount stuff that way for now.
View Quote
I agree but that kind of defeats the purpose of MLok and adds unnecessary weight.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 1:08:21 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
The Geissele selector wasn't chosen.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Scare_Crow:
View Quote
Ditto.. I really wanna order one but don’t wanna wait 3 more months.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 2:14:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Conner378:

View Quote
I bet it would be a while anyways if you ordered today and they shipped today as well with all the pre-orders that have gone in between SHOT and now...
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 2:20:55 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scare_Crow:
Build your own and wait for all of the rails to hit the EE
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
I bet it would be a while anyways if you ordered today and they shipped today as well with all the pre-orders that have gone in between SHOT and now...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

I've had one on order on the 2nd day the perorder was announced
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 10:17:24 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
Get in line, won't be for several more months before I even get them.

CD
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 5:40:25 AM EDT
[#46]

Get in line, won't be for several more months before I even get them.

CD
View Quote
I figure once you do, and have more info, then I'll make the decision to clone one myself. This way we have all of the details.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 5:54:00 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
What are you seeing in that picture that I'm not? That guy's hand is blocking everything.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 5:45:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Number0neGun:

What are you seeing in that picture that I'm not? That guy's hand is blocking everything.
View Quote
Well we know for a fact the Geissele selector wasn't chosen, and it's a picture of the URG-I so it was fitting.

I mean I could have made 2 posts, but why would I.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 1:12:46 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote
What the hell is sticking out of the front of his carrier? Looks like obnoxiously big Wilson 1911 mags. I'm sure I'm wrong though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Alaskanforfreedom:

What the hell is sticking out of the front of his carrier? Looks like obnoxiously big Wilson 1911 mags. I'm sure I'm wrong though.
View Quote
Youre right. 10rd 1911 mags are plenty common. No need for concealment, so up your capacity.
Page / 265
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top