Originally Posted By MeanGun:

So which is it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:

what is the proper end plate to use for this to be clone correct?

Magpul

Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

Standard milspec.

So which is it?

Eventually, they will all have the Magpul endplate.
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Was any grips besides Ergo grips used?   Don't really like them that much. Also any specific colors?
View Quote

some limited Magpul grips and some of the older RRA marked Hogues have been seen.
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Bhavin22:

Definitely need to move the optic off the rail and on the upper only.
If not trying to make it clone correct which it seems your not. Put whatever you like on it. But get ready to catch grief if you post pics in here.
View Quote

Sorry if I was not clear, yes, I'm trying to make it as correct as possible, and nothing is installed on this picture, Just so everyone sees where I am so far, so keep the info coming...
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Page one has a good list of parts. I would start with Troy back up irons and a aimpoint micro. For the light you can use the inforce wml or surefire m300
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:

Eventually, they will all have the Magpul endplate.
View Quote

is there any solid proof of this? i didnt think any LE or MIL contracts were using Mapgul endplates. only ones I know of are standard Mill spec and CQD endplates.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Is the geissele mk3 9.5” rail used on any of these fbi teams?
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By snackgunner:
Is the geissele mk3 9.5” rail used on any of these fbi teams?
View Quote

not that i am aware of. i believe its only the 10" versions
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I’m thinking they may have been used before the mk4 came about but i could be wrong
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By snackgunner:
I’m thinking they may have been used before the mk4 came about but i could be wrong
View Quote

I guess it could be a possibility. just havent seen any proof
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Swapped out the A2 for a Surefire SFCT flash hider.  I swear one day I’ll swap out the CompM3 for a T2

Link Posted: 8/26/2020 9:43:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bhavin22] [#11]
Originally Posted By HD2006:
Swapped out the A2 for a Surefire SFCT flash hider.  I swear one day I’ll swap out the CompM3 for a T2

https://i.imgur.com/u8muZJP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TPCWOO3.jpg

View Quote

That’s sick you have good taste! Might have to to do the same and use my SF RC
Same old pic sorry
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Mr_Wrong:
Figured this would be the most knowledgeable place to ask this question.  Recently came into possession of an upper with what was described as the colt hrt heavy barrel.  It has the fsp intact but I am unable to see any markings on the barrel itself due to the daniel defense 9.5 fsp lite rail which is installed, I'm not going to go through the hassle of taking off the rail since I'd have to get the fsp off.  Would the diameter alone be an indicator?  Here's a link to a pic where you can see the diameter.  

This thread rules btw.  

Dd 9.5 fsp lite https://imgur.com/gallery/LntV2Sy
View Quote

That looks like an HBAR to me however the lack of markings makes me think this was a 14.5 that was chopped. I'd have to see the muzzle threads to tell. Nice find on the 9.5" FSP Lite, what are your plans for it? I've been looking for one!
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 2:54:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ironcross] [#13]
DBL tap
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Colt C stamped BCG and Colt buffer tube finally came.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 3:48:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mr_Wrong] [#15]
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:

That looks like an HBAR to me however the lack of markings makes me think this was a 14.5 that was chopped. I'd have to see the muzzle threads to tell. Nice find on the 9.5" FSP Lite, what are your plans for it? I've been looking for one!
View Quote

The threads look legit.  As far as the markings go, it isn't that there is a lack of markings, it's that I can't see the markings due to the rail.  I'd have to remove the fsp in order to remove the rail and I'm not planning on doing that until I can pick up the PRI folding front sight I'm currently obsessed with (or an A.R.M.S. one).

The rail was what drew me to this upper in the first place, since I've been on the hunt for one for awhile. I got it for a song and if the barrel is what I suspect it to be that just makes it even sweeter.

Thanks for the reply!

Edit:  I'll just put a link to a pic so I don't clog this thread up with something that isn't a clone.

https://imgur.com/gallery/VREtOkk

Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:47:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Threw on an eotech for a little trial run and may keep it on for good. Despite the weight, I much prefer it to the micro red dot units.

Link Posted: 9/9/2020 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Awesome, thanks for sharing a photo of the real deal! I hear OD green spray paint cans rattling out there in the forum...
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Great examples.  What pistol grip is on the grey one?
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
Awesome, thanks for sharing a photo of the real deal! I hear OD green spray paint cans rattling out there in the forum...
View Quote

these are both as issued from QT via PFI in my local field office

next time I'll try to get a black M4 in the pic as well
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By huey_crew_chief:

Great examples.  What pistol grip is on the grey one?
View Quote

ERGO Flat Top Suregrip in graphite grey.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#22]
So much for scoring an 11.5” Colt 6933 barrel from Brownells the other day. Here’s what ups tried to deliver to me today. I hate ups. Well, FBI clone on hold for now.

Link Posted: 9/9/2020 10:21:54 PM EDT
[#23]
So much for scoring an 11.5” Colt 6933 barrel from Brownells the other day. Here’s what ups tried to deliver to me today. I hate ups. Well, FBI clone on hold for now.
View Quote

That sucks but fixing that is pretty easy.  It looks like the crown is fine and the thread just need chasing.  I quality gun smith could fix that in a few minutes.  Worst case: chase, face, and re-crown.  Don't give up on it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 10:29:09 PM EDT
[#24]

What vfg?
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 11:43:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MeanGun] [#25]
Originally Posted By bgLGT:

That sucks but fixing that is pretty easy.  It looks like the crown is fine and the thread just need chasing.  I quality gun smith could fix that in a few minutes.  Worst case: chase, face, and re-crown.  Don't give up on it.
View Quote

Man, I was so pist I just refused the package. Not only was the barrel dinged up, one of the three items I ordered was flat out missing.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 12:02:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Soopreme:

What vfg?
View Quote

FAB Defense PTK
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 9:25:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#27]
View Quote

Really sorry to see that. Maybe it's just the way we perceive things, but it always seems like the most important deliveries end up getting damaged in shipping, never the box of toiletries from Amazon. I agree with the other posts that it should clean up fine. Edit: I just saw you said you refused the package. Hopefully Brownells will get more in soon so you can get a replacement.

On a related note though, thanks for the heads up about the barrel from Brownells. I didn't know they were carrying those. I'm guessing that's the stripped barrel they list. Does it come "clean," not drilled for FSB pins?
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 9:56:44 AM EDT
[#28]
i guess everyone sucks at packing... its not just au lol

it looks repairable as stated above. file an insurance claim with UPS and get your money to send it off and get repaired. in the end you will be on top. good luck
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 10:03:18 AM EDT
[#29]

Man, that's it. I need to build a grey one now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 10:19:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By hrt4me:
these are both as issued from QT via PFI in my local field office

next time I'll try to get a black M4 in the pic as well
View Quote

Tracking, that's interesting. It looks like someone spray painted the green one in a simple camo pattern at some point before it got the new upper with the Mk4 handguard.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 11:07:20 AM EDT
[#31]
How are you guys finding the green rail in stock? I've had the Geissele page open on a browser tab for almost two months now and don't ever see it in stock. I have it on "my wishlist" but not once have gotten an email about it being in stock.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#32]

Really sorry to see that. Maybe it's just the way we perceive things, but it always seems like the most important deliveries end up getting damaged in shipping, never the box of toiletries from Amazon. I agree with the other posts that it should clean up fine. Edit: I just saw you said you refused the package. Hopefully Brownells will get more in soon so you can get a replacement.

On a related note though, thanks for the heads up about the barrel from Brownells. I didn't know they were carrying those. I'm guessing that's the stripped barrel they list. Does it come "clean," not drilled for FSB pins?
View Quote

Yep, the Brownell's barrels are clean.  I used one for my build.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By jpcdmd:
How are you guys finding the green rail in stock? I've had the Geissele page open on a browser tab for almost two months now and don't ever see it in stock. I have it on "my wishlist" but not once have gotten an email about it being in stock.
View Quote

its not often. they did however restock maybe a month ago? but it sold out rather quickly, as usual.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By bgLGT:
Yep, the Brownell's barrels are clean.  I used one for my build.
View Quote

Excellent, thanks, went ahead and backordered one. Added a Schmid selector for another project to bring it up over $250, then used a $25 off coupon plus 4% back from Active Junky. Makes the price pretty reasonable for a clean 6933 barrel, ready for the Geissele gas block install, and I didn't really want to invest in a complete upper when I only need the barrel. Hopefully they'll get some more in stock soon, and UPS will treat it right. I'm not thrilled that Brownells no longer offers free shipping with their discount codes, but at least they don't double tap you for shipping again on backordered items.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 1:14:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Soopreme] [#35]

Friends lol
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 5:40:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kiltakaze] [#36]
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 11:33:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Soopreme] [#37]
Originally Posted By Kiltakaze:
If this isn't kosher because it isn't an FBI clone, let me know and I'll take it down. This is, however, the rifle I use for SWAT operations at work, so its kind of a SWAT "clone"

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/293626/20200911_153539_jpg-1587660.JPG
View Quote

The least you could do is have the correct rail...
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 3:38:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MeanGun] [#38]
So which grip would be the most clone correct? Just seeing what the thoughts are out there..... clone correct or build as you want? I’m doing a RRA lower if that helps determine clone correctness on the grips. I have, from left to right,

Ergo, black, Beaver rail
Hogue, ODG, no beaver tail
Hogue, ODG, Beaver tail
Hogue, Black, Beaver tail

Link Posted: 9/12/2020 5:26:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Soopreme] [#39]
I’ve seen both Black ergo dovetail and black hogue no dovetail

Lots of people seem to like running odg grips. But I haven’t seen a colored grip in the wild yet.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 7:22:22 AM EDT
[#40]
I’ve seen both Black ergo dovetail and black hogue no dovetail

Lots of people seem to like running odg grips. But I haven’t seen a colored grip in the wild yet.
View Quote

I always thought this looked like an OD Magpul grip.

Link Posted: 9/13/2020 8:24:20 AM EDT
[#41]

https://i.postimg.cc/TPZh5Ndr/fcghnfgh.png
View Quote

Odg Magpul?
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 9:55:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#42]

Odg Magpul?
View All Quotes

Odg Magpul?

Yeah, at first glance it looks like a MOE, but you can see what looks like a seam for a removable back strap. That leads me to believe it’s a MIAD.

The trigger guard also appears to be aftermarket.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Yeah, at first glance it looks like a MOE, but you can see what looks like a seam for a removable back strap. That leads me to believe it’s a MIAD.

View All Quotes

Odg Magpul?

It looks like he may have a couple non-standard items on his rifle. The stock looks like it's an MOE, compared to the CTR on the agent's rifle on the right. I'm pretty sure I can see the CTR locking clamp on the rifle on the right, while the one in the middle doesn't appear to have one (like the MOE).

Maybe I've missed it somewhere in this long thread, but I don't recall MOE stocks mentioned as a normal option - usually CTR or original M4.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 2:43:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#44]

It looks like he may have a couple non-standard items on his rifle. The stock looks like it's an MOE, compared to the CTR on the agent's rifle on the right. I'm pretty sure I can see the CTR locking clamp on the rifle on the right, while the one in the middle doesn't appear to have one (like the MOE).

Maybe I've missed it somewhere in this long thread, but I don't recall MOE stocks mentioned as a normal option - usually CTR or original M4.
View All Quotes

Odg Magpul?

I think I can see a latch, it’s depressed while the one on the right isn’t, making it more obvious.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeah, I'm sure you're right. I think there would be a groove visible if it was an MOE stock, but it has that solid appearance when the CTR latch is locked in place. Never mind!
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:22:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#46]
That’s what I think I’m seeing, but I can’t be sure.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right. I think there would be a groove visible if it was an MOE stock, but it has that solid appearance when the CTR latch is locked in place. Never mind!
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:24:18 PM EDT
[#47]
What’s a first gen rail go for these days?

I’m thinking about swapping mine out.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 11:10:55 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

$350-$450 I think
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 11:57:16 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

@redcat2 was looking for one
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Ironcross:

$350-$450 I think
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ironcross:

$350-$450 I think

I’m thinking a little harder now, that could go a long way towards another AK.
Page / 87
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top