Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2021 4:45:52 PM EDT
since the original thread about the E2's is archived, what is the consensus on the E2's? I remember back in 2019 they were getting a ton of flack for having feeding issues due to the new follower and feed libs design. Were those ever ironed out or is it still the consensus to just get the Gen 1s
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#1]
yes.. they are excellent magazines
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember the thread about them. Other people have used them without issues. I suspect they are fine. For the price, there seemed to be little reason to buy them since you could get the regular Okay Surefeeds for about a dollar less. These days, they are just as hard to find as the regular Okay mags. I may pick up a few more of them if I can find them in stock anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought 20 last year from Magshack and have been taking several to the range each time I go.  I have fired them with at least 6 rifles with no issues at all.

Ribbed for my pleasure.

Magshack will stand behind their products, so you have no worries.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got 5. Not many range trips with them but zero issues this far.

If I had to guess, I'd say a couple hundred rounds through each.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Here’s a little thread about them:

New Okay E2 Mags? Anyone Seen them or tried them?
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:01:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes I have few of them and they are GTG.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:03:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I have gotten several the last few months (from Botatch amazingly enough).  They functioned fine, but don't have any long term or torture tests to relay personal accounts of.  I will say that the E2's, Lancers & the Korean steel ones for $7 are what I was mainly stocking up on the last year +.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:49:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, I remember when the E2 first came out that a lot of people were having issues with them.
I bought three 30rd E2 in 2020 and so far they are running fine.
Hopefully the issues were found and corrected by Okay.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, I remember when the E2 first came out that a lot of people were having issues with them.
View Quote

The main problems seemed to be with rifles with non-M4 feed ramps. But, if I recall, there was also a problem with the bottom of the feed lips cracking as well. I don't know if that was resolved.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 11:32:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
yup, that's why I was asking. I watched that thread for months as people were returning them and OKAY was looking into the issues. but I kinda faded away and didn't see if those were resolved
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
yup, that's why I was asking. I watched that thread for months as people were returning them and OKAY was looking into the issues. but I kinda faded away and didn't see if those were resolved
View Quote

Indeed, there was never any big reveal about what was causing the issues. Okay was supposed to investigate but never really said anything about what, if anything, they found. People who have used them, for the most part, report no problems with them. So I guess they are GTG.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#12]
My only experience with the E2 is out of the 20 I bought, I’ve tested 2 once only. This was in my 20” BCM. They worked fine at least for the 30 rounds they each got.

I know that means fuck all given they only been used once. But they didn’t cause any FTF and locked back when empty.

They could be gtg but I don’t foresee me buying any more. It will be regular Okay’s or Pmags from here on out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Never had any issues with OKAY mags unless abused ex: spine welds break/mag is dented.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I prefer the OG Okay mags with magpul followers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:28:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I got an order in for some E2s that I got from Lanbo. Okay mags used to come in resealable bags, nice ones. Both sets of Okay mags I got were in thin plastic bags that were heat sealed. Is that how they're coming now, or is that a Lanbo thing?
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 10:21:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I got an order in for some E2s that I got from Lanbo. Okay mags used to come in resealable bags, nice ones. Both sets of Okay mags I got were in thin plastic bags that were heat sealed. Is that how they're coming now, or is that a Lanbo thing?
View Quote

I posted the same comment here about the tan standard Okay mags I just received from Primary Arms. I thought it was a recent change, but it actually looks like M_O_G’s post above mine from March 2020 shows the same bags. I guess Okay changed that a while ago, and I just hadn’t bought any in a long time.

I’m curious if they reverted back to black baseplates on the tan E2 mags also, instead of the match tan plates they were using for several years.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top