Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2020 7:57:04 PM EDT
I am looking at a gentlemen's POF 415 piston bcg for sale on here and I have an Adams Arms piston kit with a Colt piston carrier and I was wondering if the POF would work with this or not?  I can't really find anything that can show me the major differences between these 2 carriers or if the POF would be a good stand in... I like it because it has the finish and the indented area for the strike face.  Anyway, if anyone that owns both of these can try to swap the pof carrier into their Adams system and if it will contact correctly, I'd really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#1]
indented carrier key (tombstone) may require a push rod that has gently radiused edge?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:29:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rpoL98:
indented carrier key (tombstone) may require a push rod that has gently radiused edge?
View Quote

Can confirm the end of my POFs op rod is slightly radiused where it meets the carrier.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I would not suggest using our piston system with another manufacturers bolt carrier. Strike face distance could be different than our carrier. The biggest immediate issue would be the concave radius face on the carrier and our flat drive rod, This could cause a failure and/or damage to your carrier, drive rod, charging handle, and upper receiver.

-Phil
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Well hell... That I guess answers that. I'm using a colt piston carrier right now and it works fine.
Hey Phil, got a question for ya: I'm doing an experimental build amd the barrel is goong to be shorter than usual and will need a shorter than pistol gas system (think PDX) and I am going to use the adams arms xlp because of its adjustability... Would AA be able to look at the gas block placement and either modify my existing drive rod or tell me the recommended length so i can mod it myself?  Itll also be a side charger...
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Proprietary parts is part of the piston game. Often pointed to by di proponents as one of the downsides of going piston. They aren't wrong.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dlraymond36:
Well hell... That I guess answers that. I'm using a colt piston carrier right now and it works fine. 
Hey Phil, got a question for ya: I'm doing an experimental build amd the barrel is goong to be shorter than usual and will need a shorter than pistol gas system (think PDX) and I am going to use the adams arms xlp because of its adjustability... Would AA be able to look at the gas block placement and either modify my existing drive rod or tell me the recommended length so i can mod it myself?  Itll also be a side charger...
View Quote

I wouldn't recommend in, the shortest configuration our system will work on is Pistol, there would not be enough room for a drive rod spring and bushing on a micro gas length. I have had customers try (after I tell them not to) and it has never worked.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top