Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2020 11:00:00 PM EDT
Was trolling through the EE, as I am known to do, and stumbled across several different WTBs for various colored PMAGS. Does the small pile of OD green ones, with windows that I have, have more value than a standard black pmag? I understand that they are no longer producing that particular color? I have eight without wrappers, that are unused/unfired and are indistinguishable from new aside from having my mark on the floor plate.

Trying my best not to make this an EE post, just trying to gauge whether it is worth my effort to list them.

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#1]
So....   this is an EE post?   Just post them for what you want to make it worth your gumption.  Heck, charge a stupid-high prices, and see what happens.  It doesn't cost anything.  

FWIW, these are the mags I run.   Well... as my 3rd choice, normally I run Lancers, then ETS, but when I run out of those, I run my OD Green Windowed PMags.    They're good mags, never had a problem.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:09:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So....   this is an EE post?   Just post them for what you want to make it worth your gumption.  Heck, charge a stupid-high prices, and see what happens.  It doesn't cost anything.  

FWIW, these are the mags I run.   Well... as my 3rd choice, normally I run Lancers, then ETS, but when I run out of those, I run my OD Green Windowed PMags.    They're good mags, never had a problem.
View Quote

I guess I was trying to make it  much more of a "what are they worth" posting than an outright sale ad. Figured if I could get confirmation that they are more valuable to others than what I can replace them with regular black Pmags for, it'd be worth the effort.

I'm not exactly hip to "collecting" Magpul stuff for the sake of having "all the available colors".

If they aren't considered "rare" or "hard to get/find" enough to net a reasonable return, they'll probably just end up cycled through my rotation.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:38:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I guess I was trying to make it  much more of a "what are they worth" posting than an outright sale ad. Figured if I could get confirmation that they are more valuable to others than what I can replace them with regular black Pmags for, it'd be worth the effort.

I'm not exactly hip to "collecting" Magpul stuff for the sake of having "all the available colors".

If they aren't considered "rare" or "hard to get/find" enough to net a reasonable return, they'll probably just end up cycled through my rotation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PMag straight 20's are sought after, and you will get something on the order of 2-3 new ones in value for each one you sell.  OD greens are worth even more.   OD green is the most popular non-black color, and some folks will pay a premium for them.  For 30's, some people are going to want the color.  Put them up for $40+ a pop, and see what happens.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 12:13:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 2:46:59 AM EDT
[#5]
$20 would be fair. Just based off Current market value of black windowed mags plus a few bucks for color.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 3:09:42 AM EDT
[#6]
They're worth a few bucks more. In another few years they'll be worth a few bucks more than that. I'd hold on to them.

Who'd have ever thought you could get an OD green purse or purple Chinese flannel from Magpul but couldn't get an OD green Pmag.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:35:02 AM EDT
[#7]

OOS
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:56:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Discontinued item.

Worth whatever a guy will pay for them. Do an EE search on past ads, price accordingly.

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Imagine doing an ODG build, only for the color coordinated mags you counted on using in it to be discontinued!

What would you be willing to pay for some?

Price accordingly, on the higher end.

I personally love them and am glad I stocked up when I did.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 3:44:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Why Magpul discontinued any color is dumb this is the reason to own Polymer mags for a rainbow of colors even Aluminum mag manufacturers are now producing their mags in different colors and for Magpul to pull the other color mags off the shelf was dumb but hey what ever they sell od stock sets right?
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 10:32:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why Magpul discontinued any color is dumb this is the reason to own Polymer mags for a rainbow of colors even Aluminum mag manufacturers are now producing their mags in different colors and for Magpul to pull the other color mags off the shelf was dumb but hey what ever they sell od stock sets right?
View Quote

It has to do with polymer chemistry used.  The color dies would weakened the plastic.  The black P-Mags were the strongest because of this.  Or so they say.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

OOS
View Quote

Correct. They do have the FDE Windowed PMags though.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top