Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2022 1:40:42 PM EDT
Currently have a mostly Geissele 11.5 and two Colt MK18 Block II builds. I’m wanting to get one more shorter 10.3-11.5 setup and leaning on a Noveske gen4 shorty with SS barrel. For sub $2500, any reason I shouldn’t?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally I'm over the hype beast BS that Noveske has been all over the last couple years. They have become a clothing company that occasionally sells guns to the instagram operator bros. Plenty of other gun companies that actually do stuff for shooters.

I say all this as a guy that's owned around a dozen factory noveske rifles going all the way back to when they still stamped across both receivers. It sucks but they're dead to me.

They're barrels are no better than any other high end company.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I own a couple of Gen 4's. Two downsides: the trigger and the magpul mush saftey. They come with an ALG trigger, so you'll want to replace that eventually if you prefer a nice 2 stage. More egregious is the saftey, but that's an easy fix.

Other than that, they're excellent. Fit, finish, accuracy, reliability. They're a bit gassy, but they'll eat anything.

Also I don't get people that hate their marketing or why that's even mentioned. I don't care for their skate boards or squirt guns, so I just don't buy them. They sold a fuck ton of guns in 2021 for a reason, and it isn't squirt guns.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I own a couple of Gen 4's. Two downsides: the trigger and the magpul mush saftey. They come with an ALG trigger, so you'll want to replace that eventually if you prefer a nice 2 stage. More egregious is the saftey, but that's an easy fix.

Other than that, they're excellent. Fit, finish, accuracy, reliability. They're a bit gassy, but they'll eat anything.

Also I don't get people that hate their marketing or why that's even mentioned. I don't care for their skate boards or squirt guns, so I just don't buy them. They sold a fuck ton of guns in 2021 for a reason, and it isn't squirt guns.
View Quote

I guess that's not really a metric I care much about. I bet Troy sold some rifles too, Hi Point was probably slamming them out the door. Who cares?

Anyway. Why not a BRN180? Or an LWRC?
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Currently have a mostly Geissele 11.5 and two Colt MK18 Block II builds. I’m wanting to get one more shorter 10.3-11.5 setup and leaning on a Noveske gen4 shorty with SS barrel. For sub $2500, any reason I shouldn’t?
View Quote

Gas port diameter.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I guess that's not really a metric I care much about. I bet Troy sold some rifles too, Hi Point was probably slamming them out the door. Who cares?

View Quote

You literally said " They have become a clothing company that occasionally sells guns", so clearly you do.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a 10.5" shorty in 2014 as a work rifle. I shot out the upper through classes and training (free ammo, don't blame me!) and rebuilt it all in 2020. Noveske makes a good rifle. It's now a 12.5" with another factory noveske upper and geissele goodies. I bought a second 10.5" in 2016.

Great rifles.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Personally I'm over the hype beast BS that Noveske has been all over the last couple years. They have become a clothing company that occasionally sells guns to the instagram operator bros. Plenty of other gun companies that actually do stuff for shooters.

I say all this as a guy that's owned around a dozen factory noveske rifles going all the way back to when they still stamped across both receivers. It sucks but they're dead to me.

View Quote

Boomer shit
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

The only reason I would say no is because you already have an 11.5" and two 10.3"''s.   Time to mix it up a bit.

If I had $2500 burning a hole in my pocket for a new cool guy .mil shortie....it would be:
https://www.sigsauer.com/sig-mcx-rattler-pcb.html

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The only reason I would say no is because you already have an 11.5" and two 10.3"''s.   Time to mix it up a bit.

If I had $2500 burning a hole in my pocket for a new cool guy .mil shortie....it would be:
https://www.sigsauer.com/sig-mcx-rattler-pcb.html
https://www.sigsauer.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2f7933e2ff16f0ec074a16ab6b6195f2/m/c/mcx-pcb-right_1.jpg  
View Quote

Everybody needs a Rattler.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Boomer shit
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boomer shit

Run over with it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Run over with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boomer shit

Run over with it.

And only getting worse.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Sig is gay
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Boomer shit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boomer shit

Lol, you've been here 20 years and I'm the boomer? That's awesome
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 11:10:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boomer shit

And I'm not a boomer. ;)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top