Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2018 11:48:48 PM EDT
Got a new complete upper and lower both from PSA put them together, cleaned and oiled the gun good and took it out to shoot only to find out it won’t cycle the next load. It ejects fine at maybe 4 o clock and when I do the 1 shot test it does not lock back onto my mag, looking for advise on how to fix this problem. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 12:08:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Got a new complete upper and lower both from PSA put them together, cleaned and oiled the gun good and took it out to shoot only to find out it won’t cycle the next load. It ejects fine at maybe 4 o clock and when I do the 1 shot test it does not lock back onto my mag, looking for advise on how to fix this problem. Thanks
View Quote
Without Really knowing everything, sounds like you don't have enough gas.

Check gas block alignment and that there's no obstructions in Gasport
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 12:13:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I would personally completely Tear Down the Gun and clean it from any Factory Grease. Weigh the buffer, check gas block to make sure it's centered over Gasport. Check the bolt carrier to make sure gas key is good to go

Lubricated properly.

Try it again
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 2:47:21 AM EDT
[#3]
can you manually charge it back and lock it with the bolt catch? could be something going on with the buffer system or bolt catch or amount of gas. also, does the bolt move back and forth in the bcg somewhat ok? I think I had one rifle when it was brand new the gas rings had to be worn a bit for things to start smoothing out. good luck!
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Scroll down in the Troubleshooting forum and read through other ''Shortstroking'' threads. You have a very common problem.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I have broken it down cleaned and lubed it all up. shot 30 rounds through it and still the same problem, took out the Buffer (2.9 Ounces) and the Spring (37 Coils)
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 10:29:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for your time and comment! I will use the info and hopefully solve the problem, Could it be just that the gun is brand new and it was around ZERO degrees the first time shooting it and it just takes some shots to break it in? i shot maybe 30 rounds and it only cycled properly 2-3 times,
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for your time and comment! I will use the info and hopefully solve the problem, Could it be just that the gun is brand new and it was around ZERO degrees the first time shooting it and it just takes some shots to break it in? i shot maybe 30 rounds and it only cycled properly 2-3 times,
View Quote
It absolutely can be because of temperature if Factory grease is still present and the wrong oil is used...
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It absolutely can be because of temperature if Factory grease is still present and the wrong oil is used...
View Quote
Very good, I have taken it down and cleaned it and lubed it with Ballistol, If there is a better lube for cold temps let me know, its zero here again today so gona wait for a warmer day to take it out and shoot it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 3:57:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#11]
This is the lube that I would recommend, I have used in an extreme temperatures and has done real well for me

Try this
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like short stroking. What ammo are you using? Most of the el cheapo .223 ammo is really weak and can cause short stroking in some ARs. Considering it was zero degrees, that might be your problem. Just not quite enough oomph to completely cycle the bolt.

I would try some good quality 5.56 (like Lake City) and see what that does before I started taking any drastic measures.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top