Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2022 9:39:59 AM EDT
I bought some of the Norma 62gr stuff the other day.  It comes loaded 10 Rounds to a clip/50 per box.  No big deal, except the clips do not work with regular GI mag chargers.  Can anyone here help me locate some?   Because otherwise it’s going to suck manually offloading 950 more rounds and then hand feeding those into mags.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I think some European countries use different spoons.  Swedish, maybe.

Edit: I looked, Norma is a Swedish company.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ve got several of the plastic stripper clips from Geco 55 grain FMJ 5.56 but don’t have a spoon which fits this clip.  I’m curious if this is the same stripper clip as used by Norma.   Geco had manufacturing facilities in Germany, Switzerland and Hungry IIRC.

I just did a google search for the Geco stripper clip guide and found this video.  This shows you don’t need a stripper clip guide/spoon to use the Geco stripper clip.   I learned something new today, thanks OP for bringing this up.  Maybe this will work with the Norma clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEfKZHuzTZ8

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/geco-556-nato-ammo-55-grain-fmj-278140050-p-58913.aspx
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks at VASCAR2, but I’m not sure I like that or that it’s going to work.  Not sure if it’s my pmags, my non-operating thumbs or curved mags on the table the won’t stay “flat”, but I’d still like a charger.   Been screwing with this for a few minutes and still no go with 10 round clips into 20/30 round mags.  But thank you so much for taking the time to post.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Yes, I did venture across these.  But since you threw them out here, I’ll spend the $20 w/shipping and give them a buy and try.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#6]
By "regular GI mag chargers", are you saying StripLULA doesn't work with those?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, the little “spoons” for GI stripper clips.  Have not tried the striplula, but it says it works with GI stripper clips, which appear to be a bit thinner due to being metal, where the Norma is a good bit thicker and wider since it’s plastic.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:53:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No, the little "spoons" for GI stripper clips.  Have not tried the striplula, but it says it works with GI stripper clips, which appear to be a bit thinner due to being metal, where the Norma is a good bit thicker and wider since it's plastic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, the little "spoons" for GI stripper clips.  Have not tried the striplula, but it says it works with GI stripper clips, which appear to be a bit thinner due to being metal, where the Norma is a good bit thicker and wider since it's plastic.

Gen 2 striplulas work with RUAG stripper clips
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Striplulas are awesome.
I probably have 4 or 5 of them within my ammo cans.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#10]
IIRC, the last time this came up the answer was:

The Stripula thing
or
The Thermold stuff

https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1025
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I’ll grab the striplula as well. Thanks y’all.  I knew you’d come through.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:31:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Not sure what Gen mine is but the striplula I have allows the clip to be inserted and plunges the rounds down but getting the plastic clip out afterwards is a bit of a pain as is doesn't drop free.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Happened to have a Thermold loader, Geco stripper clips work great with it!  For me it is actually easier to use than the USGI metal clips and spoon. Think the Norma stripper clips are the same as Geco.  Here is the loader, it also works with the black clips TGH linked to above.

https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1030&idcategory=0
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:20:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top