Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2018 7:42:17 PM EDT
I picked up a second hand bench build.  It had some nice parts on it for the price, light use.  Previous owner stated that it had a Colt barrel (which I knew was BS because it had a mid-length gas system).

Finally got around to breaking it down.  Woot!  The barrel is a Denny's Operator.  Too bad the previous owner removed the FSB.

Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice, wish Denny's was still around, bought a few things from him.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm torn between building with a full length handguard, or installing another FSB (or PRI folder) w/ midlength PRI tube for nostalgia sake.  I have an old US pre-fix BCM lower that I was planning to Cerakote (well used).  Hmmm.....
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:14:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm torn between building with a full length handguard, or installing another FSB (or PRI folder) w/ midlength PRI tube for nostalgia sake.  I have an old US pre-fix BCM lower that I was planning to Cerakote (well used).  Hmmm.....
View Quote
I have problems like that too, which way to take a project, pondering options, have a few half built things laying around.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Exceptional barrels in my experience.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have problems like that too, which way to take a project, pondering options, have a few half built things laying around.
View Quote
Ha ha… I can identify.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nice, wish Denny's was still around, bought a few things from him.
View Quote
I have a couple of his "Thunderbolt" bolt carriers still unused I keep as spares.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Denny was awesome. I still have a couple of his thunder bolts.

He would talk to you on the phone forever. Great guy!
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:43:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pri folder is good stuff.  

Link Posted: 11/30/2018 4:53:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I had an upper put together by Denny with that barrel, but sold it to a friend because of the weight. I regret selling it as it was a great shooter. I should have just kept the damn thing.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#10]
He was literally 10 minutes from my house. He didn't do retail sales once he sold his shop and went online. But if you knew him he would take you around back and sell in person. Those were the days. Wish I had some of his lowers still, just cuz.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Denny was a good dude.   I still run a 16 inch Precision upper he built me to take to Astan.   Great guy with skills.   He was ahead of his time on barrels and AR parts.

Not sure whatever happened to him...
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:58:29 PM EDT
[#12]

I have #429 also.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:00:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Denny was a good dude.   I still run a 16 inch Precision upper he built me to take to Astan.   Great guy with skills.   He was ahead of his time on barrels and AR parts.

View Quote
Once upon a time I knew the answer to that question.  I do not remember it being anything bad, like John N. or JCWeapony, I know am forgetting a few.

Back when I first found this site, everything, like now, is ARF slang, you are expected to know,

DENNYS HAS PMAGS!!!

Me;

Who is Denny

Answer GT

Found a thread saying he is doing well and retired, thread is a few years old.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Exceptional barrels in my experience.
View Quote
+1. Built for hard use, but very accurate.  Mike Rock barrels bored slightly oversize to account for chromelining.

I've still got mine.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Once upon a time I knew the answer to that question.  I do not remember it being anything bad, like John N. or (edit made I thought JCW was no longer here after an accident), I know am forgetting a few.

Back when I first found this site, everything, like now, is ARF slang, you are expected to know,

DENNYS HAS PMAGS!!!

Me;

Who is Denny

Answer GT

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once upon a time I knew the answer to that question.  I do not remember it being anything bad, like John N. or (edit made I thought JCW was no longer here after an accident), I know am forgetting a few.

DENNYS HAS PMAGS!!!

Me;

Who is Denny

Answer GT

Link Posted: 12/1/2018 1:04:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 2:15:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice find!  I love those rare moments when that happens!

Denny's Thunderbolt in my Rainier rifle.  Years ago, right after I bought this from Rainier, they were selling the Thunderbolts for $129, and then they were all gone.  That was the last of them.  I wish I had bought a few.  I am thinking they will take all of the suppressed abuse that my DD BCGs take.
I wonder who made his Thunderbolts?  Anyone know?
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:27:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Outstanding barrel.  Sub moa 5 shot groups are pretty easy off a bipod with mine and mk262.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:09:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Outstanding barrel.  Sub moa 5 shot groups are pretty easy off a bipod with mine and mk262.
View Quote
Mine prefers the heavy stuff as well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
There are many of us out there that have that very same problem.

Well, maybe it is not really a problem, just another opportunity.

Ron
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#21]
I still have one of his pre-Operator series barrels in st. stl.  Very good barrel.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 1:28:55 AM EDT
[#22]
I ordered a complete rifle from him, I was surprised how nice he was on the phone. I think I interrupted him mowing the lawn or running a tractor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top