Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2018 8:23:25 AM EDT
Hopefully not a SP1.  Think he could have used a $400 flat top to make his bullshit "point" instead of a beautiful retro one.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-gun-owners-assault-ar-15-goes-viral-024002980.html
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#1]
The butchery doesn't phase me nearly as much as him committing a felony by constructing an unlicensed SBR.  Of course, he'll never be prosecuted for doing so, sadly.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:14:21 AM EDT
[#2]
How many times are we going to do this
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:17:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Not to mention that since he didn't cut through the receiver he has really done nothing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The butchery doesn't phase me nearly as much as him committing a felony by constructing an unlicensed SBR.  Of course, he'll never be prosecuted for doing so, sadly.
View Quote
I keep hearing this but I don’t see how it’s a SBR now.  Looks like he cut behind the gas block.  That would render it a non functioning rifle.  Well, I guess it would still be a single shot.  Either way, what a dumbass.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I keep hearing this but I don’t see how it’s a SBR now.  Looks like he cut behind the gas block.  That would render it a non functioning rifle.  Either way, what a dumbass.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I keep hearing this but I don’t see how it’s a SBR now.  Looks like he cut behind the gas block.  That would render it a non functioning rifle.  Either way, what a dumbass.
There's no such thing as a single shot SBR?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:10:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks to me like he decided he wasn't mature or trustworthy enough to own a weapon, so he rendered his weapon inoperable to keep us all safe from his dumb-assed whiny self.

Good cut, asshole.
I concur.
You can't be trusted.

I question your ability to safely operate a motor vehicle on the public roads, as well as your competence being in public in general.

ETA: I meant to recognize that it was still a single-shot weapon and not a semi-auto that functions correctly, and point out that a zip gun is, too, but got sidetracked by RL, and missed my chance to do it without an edit/rewrite, so I'm going with this.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I question your ability to safely operate a motor vehicle on the public roads, as well as your competence being in public in general.
View Quote
He should go out and cut up his car too----it might kill someone.

While he's at it, throw away the knives from the kitchen, rip out the bath tubs, pitch any Draino products, have the power cut from his house, cut up his chain saw, circular saw, ladders, drain his pool.......no bananas either, might slip on one and hit your head.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#8]
u just can't fix stupid...
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#9]
As soon as I saw that video the first time the other day along with how many times the so called “news” stations were posting and then reposting it the real agenda was obvious right away.  If he intended to destroy the rifle he most certainly would have cut the receiver and not just the barrel, but he didn’t so he knows that the rifle was not destroyed, nor was he trying to really destroy it.  He did in fact create an illegal short barreled rifle (atleast temporarily until he installs a new barrel on it) and that should be looked into.

It appears to have a tapered delta ring so it is unlikely not anything too valuable.  But even if it had some value he didn’t really destroy the rifle anyhow so it still has whatever value it originally had.  He might have just put an inexpensive barrel on it with a tapered delta ring just for the SBR making demonstration.

If we give him the benefit of the doubt (I have a hard time doing that but you can make your own decision) then by just cutting the barrel that alone would make him an idiot.

Though still being extremely stupid in my opinion (just a different kind) he knew if he cut the receiver that would leave him nothing of value left.  He didn’t want to do that so cutting the barrel was supposed to make a statement, and it did, that he definitely must be an idiot and the real agenda was clear.

With all the “news” station posts and reposts I wouldn’t doubt he has some connections to the wrong side of the issues.

Do “they” really believe we are too stupid to see through things like this?  Ofcourse not, but we responsible and knowledgeable owners are not the intended audience.  The intended audience is those that know nothing at all about a rifle.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:50:51 PM EDT
[#10]
In later social media posts, this grandstanding fool cut the upper and lower.  I think this was a CYA move on his part after being called out for committing a felony.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In later social media posts, this grandstanding fool cut the upper and lower.  I think this was a CYA move on his part after being called out for committing a felony.
View Quote
So he destroyed the evidence of his illegal SBR? I hope they stick felony charges to him.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#12]
He's been reported to BATFE by multiple people in a Facebook group. Facebook refuses to take the video down.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So he destroyed the evidence of his illegal SBR? I hope they stick felony charges to him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well as long as the video is out there (which it is) he did not destroy the evidence because it clearly shows him holding the rifle with the barrel cut by him.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:46:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
He's been reported to BATFE by multiple people in a Facebook group. Facebook refuses to take the video down.
View Quote
Unfortunately most likely nothing will ever happen to him even though he should atleast be called out by someone with authority for his very poor and irresponsible decision in cutting the barrel and making an illegal SBR on video.  Not to mention for being plain stupid!

Hmmm and I thought Facebook was all about not allowing posts showing or discussing any illegal activity.....  I guess that only applies to things that they don’t agree with.....
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’ll have to find the later posts so I can check it out.  That probably ruined his whole plan for rebuilding or selling what was left of the rifle.

Edit: I found the picture of the rifle with the receivers cut.  I have to say that it does make me feel better knowing that he cut the receivers.  Obviously if he really didn’t know that cutting the barrel didn’t destroy the rifle and actually created a SBR then he probably isn’t a responsible or knowledgeable owner of it to begin with.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Idiot
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 11:39:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There's no such thing as a single shot SBR?
View Quote
Well, then the ATF owes me $200 for the Contender receiver I SBR'd. Now, I can run a 10" with a rifle stock.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#18]
S’posedly this guy is a “pro-gun supporter” and is alleged to have the 2nd amendment to the US constitution tattooed on his arm!

Link Posted: 3/16/2018 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Commission of a felony is not strict liability - there must be intent.

Clearly this guy intended to destroy his eeevilll assault weapon, not create an SBR.

ATF would probably just confiscate the gun (or the cut barrel) and send this moron on his happy way.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Commission of a felony is not strict liability - there must be intent.

Clearly this guy intended to destroy his eeevilll assault weapon, not create an SBR.

ATF would probably just confiscate the gun (or the cut barrel) and send this moron on his happy way.
View Quote
I would argue that someone who owned this rifle for decades and is a self-professed "Second Amendment supporter" had no real intention of destroying his weapon, and knew his cut had no effect on its function.  It is far more likely that he intended to grandstand publicly on an issue, then enjoy continued ownership of his easily repaired rifle.  Someone who has owned it for that long and claims to support gun rights cannot feign ignorance of his rifle's design.  His intent was to cut the barrel down, and he did so in a public forum.  He may be ignorant of the fact that it was illegal for him to do so, but that doesn't change the fact that he intended to do it.  Is ignorance of the law now absolved by a general lack of intent to break a law, while having demonstrable intent to commit the act that is illegal?  If so, ignorance of the law now is an excuse.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top