Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2022 11:54:03 PM EDT
I purchased my first AR almost a year ago. It was an almost new Colt cr6920( I think). A couple months later I purchased a complete Anderson lower and a radical arms upper and a bcg and charging handle from Palm State. Recently I felt the urge to attempt my first build. I bought a stripped lower and upper from Palm State Armory, a pencil barrel with low profile gas block and kits and parts from other places. I thought after this, I would be done. Yeah well not so much. I have been told a 300 blackout upper fits on an AR lower and operates even using the same magazines. My question is : will a 300 blk barrel fit onto a standard AR upper? Do I need special handguard gas block etc. Any helpful info would be appreciated, hints, drawbacks, advice etc.  thanks Andy
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 12:14:46 AM EDT
[#1]
The only part that's explicitly different is the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 12:33:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only part that's explicitly different is the barrel.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Barrel, muzzle device (and washer), and probably the gas tube (pistol vs carbine or mid-gas length).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top