Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/28/2019 10:45:10 AM EDT
Undeniably, collapsible stocks are the norm today on AR15s.  But the only place to keep a cleaning rod is either zip tied to the side of the rifle, or in a bag separate from the gun.  (or the car, or the work bench at home)

Samson came out with a simple, new product at SHOT show.  Stuck case?  Bore obstruction?  Here's the answer.  Long enough to clear a 20" barrel.  Fits any butt stock with battery storage long enough for 2-AA batteries.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH8HIfkoS9U[/youtube]
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 11:23:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Finally. Any info on when and where they'll be available?

Though now my neck hurts.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Finally. Any info on when and where they'll be available?

Though now my neck hurts.
View Quote
No kidding.  After all this time with smartphones...
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
I tried to rotate in imovie, but when uploaded to Youtube it went back to vertical.  I suck at electronics.

Should be less than 30 days out.  Comes with two foam plugs, one goes in the compartment on each end of the SOPROD to keep it from being noisy.

Other features are a section that spins freely (to allow the brush to rotate down the bore without the handle having to spin), one section is closed-ended for stuck case and obstruction removal, and the small black end is wider to use as a strike-face if obstruction is a projectile or something else that's tight in the bore.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 12:50:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Price?
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I tried to rotate in imovie, but when uploaded to Youtube it went back to vertical.  I suck at electronics.

Should be less than 30 days out.  Comes with two foam plugs, one goes in the compartment on each end of the SOPROD to keep it from being noisy.

Other features are a section that spins freely (to allow the brush to rotate down the bore without the handle having to spin), one section is closed-ended for stuck case and obstruction removal, and the small black end is wider to use as a strike-face if obstruction is a projectile or something else that's tight in the bore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha!  Just busting your balls
I always try to film with the phone flipped to landscape to avoid this
Pretty neat little rod set up!
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Price?
View Quote
I expect between $20 and $25.

Will also be available in stainless steel.  I don't know if this will cost more or less than brass.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#7]
So kind of like a Larue RAT stock.

I put an 8/32 bolt through the rear of my stock so I could carry a full length coated cleaning rod along the side of the rifle (when needed),  with a small split ring on the front of the rail for retention.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Seems Run n Gun inspired
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 10:08:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Wonder if they made one for 16" barrels of it could fit in a pistol grip.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 10:35:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Will buy
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 11:07:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Undeniably, collapsible stocks are the norm today on AR15s.  But the only place to keep a cleaning rod is either zip tied to the side of the rifle, or in a bag separate from the gun.  (or the car, or the work bench at home)

Samson came out with a simple, new product at SHOT show.  Stuck case?  Bore obstruction?  Here's the answer.  Long enough to clear a 20" barrel.  Fits any butt stock with battery storage long enough for 2-AA batteries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH8HIfkoS9U
View Quote
I have always wondered why no one made a compartment that fit in the gap between the 12,3,6 and 9 oclock positions
on a handguard. Nothing is there anyways. Seems bipod legs or a cleaning kit would fit perfect. Sort of how the FAL bipod legs fit
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 1:44:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wonder if they made one for 16" barrels of it could fit in a pistol grip.
View Quote
This.

Does it fit in a pistol grip?
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 1:51:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks cool!
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 7:05:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This.

Does it fit in a pistol grip?
View Quote
No, segments are too long for pistol grip.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I put an 8/32 bolt through the rear of my stock so I could carry a full length coated cleaning rod along the side of the rifle (when needed),  with a small split ring on the front of the rail for retention.
View Quote
Well more like LaRue's cleaning rod idea, but even smaller sections so they fit into most aftermarket stocks. Love my RAT stock and cleaning rods, but I don't just only use RAT stocks and I'd like to throw a cleaning rod into my sopmod.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 7:08:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh man, blast from the past right there. I remember doing the same after reading a guide written by Kyle Lamb. Pretty sure it was Lamb anyway.

I’ll be in for three of these.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Oh man, blast from the past right there. I remember doing the same after reading a guide written by Kyle Lamb. Pretty sure it was Lamb anyway.

I’ll be in for three of these.
View Quote
Not heard that.  I made a thread recently, which was no help. ( https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/1-piece-cleaning-rod-mounting-solution-/118-730852/ ) Ended up mounting it like this basically, just cleaner :

Link Posted: 1/29/2019 9:59:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll be in for a few once available
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Interesting. I'm in for two, if not three.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top