Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2021 1:25:55 PM EDT
Two new optic choices from Springfield Armory. The Hex Wasp is made for compact pistols and the Hex Dragonfly is for larger pistols as well as rifles and shotguns. Look pretty good for a reasonable price.

https://www.hexoptics.com/

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Going to be hard to compete with Holosun tbh.

I do like that it has a rear sight channel.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting...I would like to see Aaron/Sage Dynamics put them through some testing.

Personally, I would prefer if they were manually adjustable.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Going to be hard to compete with Holosun tbh.

I do like that it has a rear sight channel.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#4]
The Wasp is not manually adjustable. The Dragonfly is.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#5]
It is a no go for me if it doesn't use the RMR footprint.

The diversifying of MRDS footprints turns your gun into a one optic system if you get the slide milled.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I bet this is in response to the lackluster option they chose for the Hellcat optic compatibility. The Shield RMS has had a very poor reception most reviews mention durability issues. If they came out with their own more durable design with a Shield footprint it would make a lot of sense.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:06:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I bet this is in response to the lackluster option they chose for the Hellcat optic compatibility. The Shield RMS has had a very poor reception most reviews mention durability issues. If they came out with their own more durable design with a Shield footprint it would make a lot of sense.
View Quote

I think it makes A LOT of sense. The Wasp (actually the Dragonfly as well) are aluminum body, glass lens and waterproof. Seems like a pretty quality product. I ordered the Wasp for my Hellcat and should get it tomorrow. Considering the Dragonfly for my AR pistol. I have an AT3 on there now which has worked well, but I like these Hex (Springfield) sights.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep Wasp is Shield footprint for Hellcats.
And Dragonfly is Burris FF/Vortex Venom footprint. And it makes sense to not use a RMR footprint, how could they compete with Holosun?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:22:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Two new optic choices from Springfield Armory. The Hex Wasp is made for compact pistols and the Hex Dragonfly is for larger pistols as well as rifles and shotguns. Look pretty good for a reasonable price.

https://www.hexoptics.com/

View Quote

Can you change batteries without removing the sight from the base?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:33:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Can you change batteries without removing the sight from the base?
View Quote

Nope. I don’t consider that a big deal though. It’s only two screws and once every two years isn’t going to kill me.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:47:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I can't get past the single brightness control button on the Dragonfly. You have to scroll through all the brightness settings then hit the upper or lower limit to start moving brightness in the opposite direction.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:51:47 AM EDT
[#12]
do I even need to ask country of origin? nope cause its not RMR footprint.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:25:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nope. I don’t consider that a big deal though. It’s only two screws and once every two years isn’t going to kill me.
View Quote

Still a pain in the ass and with technology today there is no reason to.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top