Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2023 2:25:53 PM EDT
Push button safety with 2/3 cam surfaces and a reset lever allows you to shoot faster

YT Link

Active Safety

https://odysee.com/@hoffmantactical:3/Super-Safety-V4.4:f
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Neat.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#2]
dude seems like he is mimicking Lucas.

gay

nevertheless, cool design and concept!  I can see where this is going to follow the FRT trail...
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 9:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow. So it's a sear that pulls the trigger for you, rather than releasing the hammer on an auto?
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 10:09:40 PM EDT
[#4]
It looks to me like the shooter pulls the trigger after the safety is cammed back to a position that allows the trigger to be pulled.

I'm surprised someone has not made a device that wiggles a finger back and forth at a high rate and marketed as a marital aid.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:02:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Ready to see someone make metal versions of this
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 12:22:30 AM EDT
[#6]
My mistake. As u hold the trigger to the rear it blocks the trigger until the forward moving carrier rotates the cam, clearing the trigger and allowing the trigger to pull.  Possible for an early firing pin strike leading to oob?
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 1:23:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My mistake. As u hold the trigger to the rear it blocks the trigger until the forward moving carrier rotates the cam, clearing the trigger and allowing the trigger to pull.  Possible for an early firing pin strike leading to oob?
View Quote

Unless I missed something in the video, it seems like this is a variant of a forced-reset trigger.  The return force is higher than the pull weight.  Once you find the sweet-spot, you can apply enough pressure so that you overcome the pull weight, but not the reset.  Maintaining constant pressure allows the mechanism to reset the trigger for you, which then automatically break once the mechanism resets, due to the pressure you're already applying.  You're not moving your finger - you're just maintaining pressure.  It's also similar in concept to "reactive triggers" that some paintball guns used.

I don't think you'll get an OOB discharge with an in-spec BCG.  The design of the AR makes this extremely unlikely.

As far as the kid "imitating" Lucas Botkin (or whatever his name is), I think they're just both spergoloid nerds.  A lot of them exhibit similar tone and diction.  That's probably not for this subforum, though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 1:26:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
ARs almost never OOB without an out of spec part or foreign matter involved. Hammer follow and light strike is more likely.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 5:07:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Interesting variation of a forced reset trigger. I’m personally not a fan of the push button safety on an AR, but this design necessitates it. Can’t say I’ll ever own one, as I have true FA. But I applaud the ingenuity.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Need them made from steel...
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#12]
interesting
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:30:35 PM EDT
[#13]
More useless trash designed to prove P.T. Barnum was correct.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wow. So it's a sear that pulls the trigger for you, rather than releasing the hammer on an auto?
View Quote

It looks like an auto sear with real bad trigger slap.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top