Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2022 11:42:34 PM EDT
Hey all! New to the forum.

I recently just finish a build and having issues where it won’t cycle the next round.
My build consist of
16” barrel with carbine gas length
Odin works adjustable gas block.
A2 rifled length buffer and tube.
Sharps adjustable BCG
Mil-Spec trigger group.

When I fire a shot the gun seem extremely loud to me and 50% of the time will eject the fired round, but it fails to load the next round every time. It does not lock the bolt back on last round either.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 12:01:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Open up your gas

ETA why an adg block and bcg?
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 12:17:07 AM EDT
[#2]
How to adjust an Adjustable Gas Block

Spend a few minutes and watch this video.
If you have an adjustable gas block your rifle will function properly if you adjust it right.
I usually adjust it with the lowest pressure ammo I can find.
Like some regular old .223 Tula or similar that way it'll function with all ammo.

Link Posted: 12/19/2022 12:46:28 AM EDT
[#3]
What caliber?
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 2:57:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Belt and suspender gas system adjustments. Why a bcg and gas block to adjust gas?

Ditch the bcg for a standard bcg. Use the gas block for your gas system adjustment. Start testing with it wide open and then choke it down until it stops cycling. Then open it a little until you are confident it is reliable. The gas block will limit fouling in the action to only what is necessary to run the system.

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top