Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2018 11:00:32 PM EDT
Hey guys -

New build with Odin Works 16" barrel, gas block and gas tube.

First time to the range ran a couple of boxes with no issues.

Second trip - would not cycle at all.  Got home and the gas block was loose (my bad).  Reset and retightened.

Next trip to the range - would not cycle.  So I brought her home, took off the block and tube - blew them out with compressed air.

Third trip and I got a partial cycle on the first shot then nothing after that.

What should I be looking at to get things running again

Thanks

C -
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 11:26:50 PM EDT
[#1]
It would seem block alignment is the issue. On the gas block measure the distance from the port to the edge of the block then on the barrel measure the distance from the port to the shoulder. You might have to set the block off the shoulder a smidge. As far as left to right I usually tweak the block until the gas tube is centered in the receiver opening or use a micro strait edge or ruler to mark center lines on the barrel port and block port.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 11:50:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you remove and reinstall the gas tube? Strange as it is I've seen them installed upside down.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 2:08:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 7:59:04 AM EDT
[#4]
When you say it won't cycle I assume you mean that the BCG doesn't move backward.

If that is indeed the problem then the list of possible causes is very short. Either the gas block is not aligned with the gas port in the barrel, or you attached the gas block in reverse to the gas tube so the hole isn't aligned, or your adjustable gas block set screw is in too tight (gas turned off), or there is debris stuck somewhere in the block/tube.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 1:17:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys - I'll recheck all the alignments.  didn't even consider checking BCG but will do that as well

C-
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top