Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2022 11:43:34 AM EDT
I’m thinking about a new build and I’m wanting to use a clamp on superlative arms AGB.  I also want to use a free float rail.

The issue I’m realizing is there aren’t many FF rails that are compatible with clamp on gas blocks.

Is anyone using clamp on gas blocks under FF rails with enough clearance?  If so what parts are you using?
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure where you got this info. In my opinion it is wrong. If you want to be extra careful, here is a combo I used.

SLR clamp on gas block
SLR freefloat handguard

Link Posted: 1/12/2022 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure where you got this info. In my opinion it is wrong. If you want to be extra careful, here is a combo I used.

SLR clamp on gas block
SLR freefloat handguard

View Quote

Actually he is correct.  A lot of FF rails are too slim for some clamp on GB's.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 1:10:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I have heard of the SLR combination but I had an SLR rail previously and I wasn’t a fan.

I’d prefer to go with something like a Geissele, Daniel defense, quad or mlok rail.  

I was wondering if the smaller journal size of the gas block would make a difference then of course finding a barrel to match.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Superlative Arms adjustable gas block, clamp on style, under an Odlin RUNE hand guard on one of my 300blk uppers.  It not only fits just fine but with the gas port at the pistol length, there is a slot in the hand guard that makes access to the adjustment screw very easy.

I'm not sure if I worded all that properly but can't seem to rewrite it better.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a Superlative Arms adjustable gas block, clamp on style, under an Odlin RUNE hand guard on one of my 300blk uppers.  It not only fits just fine but with the gas port at the pistol length, there is a slot in the hand guard that makes access to the adjustment screw very easy.

I'm not sure if I worded all that properly but can't seem to rewrite it better.
View Quote

Thanks, I haven’t heard of this rail before!  That could be an option.  I do like that there is a guide for the gas tube in the barrel nut.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I found that the dimensions of a 0.625 journaled clamp superlative arms gas block are smaller than that of  the same 0.750 journaled set screw version.

The only problem is the dimensions don’t include the clamp on screws.

So my question narrows down to, has anyone used a 0.625 journaled clamp on gas block with either Daniel defense or Geissele rails?
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m using Geissele MK4/8 rails on all my builds. All .750 GB journal barrels. All using SA clamp on GB’s, no fittment issues at all.

SA clamps are all I use, and have been for quite some time. They just work, period.

Carry on
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Depends on the free float size really. I'm using a JP clamp on adjustable that doesn't touch the Aero Atlas R-One Mlok free float.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 1:22:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I’m using Geissele MK4/8 rails on all my builds. All .750 GB journal barrels. All using SA clamp on GB’s, no fittment issues at all.

SA clamps are all I use, and have been for quite some time. They just work, period.

Carry on
View Quote

Awesome, thank you so much!
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 6:58:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I just put a SLR clamp on (.625) under an MI combat rail with no issues.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Awesome, thank you so much!
View Quote

Most welcome brother. Do yourself a favor and run the GB metering screw in/out after every range session (AKA kill the fouling / seizing before it starts..)

Rock on
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Most welcome brother. Do yourself a favor and run the GB metering screw in/out after every range session (AKA kill the fouling / seizing before it starts..)

Rock on
View Quote

I wouldn’t have thought of that, thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 4:17:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:I wouldn’t have thought of that, thanks for the tip!
View Quote

No worries, I learned the hard way. Years ago (with an SLR adj unit,) I didn't realize it needed done. Low & behold it seized up on me. Hmm, that sucked.

Granted, I shoot suppressed exclusively. Which makes it imperative to "clear out the nasty" every range session. Cans make'm dirty!

Things ya learn along the journey...
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a JP clamp on GB under a STNGR hand guard.  Fit close but made it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top