Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out the Recce thread.  All my builds ended up in that configuration.  Always by a quality barrel that isn't too heavy.  You will want your AR to be well balanced.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:07:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out the Recce thread.  All my builds ended up in that configuration.  Always by a quality barrel that isn't too heavy.  You will want your AR to be well balanced.
View Quote
Link?
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks good. Get it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#4]
It will work, but why not buy one of the PSA lower build kits? this will help you understand the workings of the trigger/magazine release/saftey etc.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It will work, but why not buy one of the PSA lower build kits? this will help you understand the workings of the trigger/magazine release/saftey etc.
View Quote
yea ive been looking now and i think im going to get the lower install kit from psa and buy a naked receiver from a ffl near me
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Link?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link?
Recce Thread
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#7]
PSA does fine work for entry level AR's, nothing wrong with buying the completed lower and completed upper and putting them together. If you go that route then you shouldn't need the separate lower and parts kit. I would note that the trigger in the lower you linked to is a slight step up from milspec as it has been polished and / or treated with nickel boron, which is better than what is in the parts kit you linked to.  Also if you do want to assemble your own lower, you'll need to buy a few tools so that does add to the expense.  But if you plan to build more than one, it's worth the investment. Also don't forget to buy a decent Magazine or 12.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top