Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2021 6:45:25 PM EDT
https://taccom3g.com/product/7-tension-barrel-ar15-22lr/

What do you guys think of those lightweight barrels that they just started offering.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one of their carbon fiber 4" barrels and love it
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:16:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm on the hunt for a cmmg 4.5 barrel/bolt kit right now and this caught my eye. I'd try one if I could find a bolt to go with it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:38:30 AM EDT
[#3]
They caught my eye too.  I've got a bolt, collar, and upper receiver but need a barrel & shroud.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I have 3 of their older gen carbon fiber and aluminum tension barrels and they are all good shooters. I particularly like the 11" carbon fiber barrel with the original Taccom bolt unit, it eats .22 like candies in binary mode .

Quoted:
https://taccom3g.com/product/7-tension-barrel-ar15-22lr/

What do you guys think of those lightweight barrels that they just started offering.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I went ahead and ordered the 17" since there's practically nothing else out there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went ahead and ordered the 17" since there's practically nothing else out there.
View Quote

Is it threaded?  I noticed in the description they mention threading but didn't see an option to select threaded.
FWIW these are very accurate.  I gave mine to my brother when I started chasing other AR22s.  Otherwise I'd have another one of these.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm also curious as to how it works.  Perhaps you take off the end cap to attach a suppressor?  I sent them an email asking about that very thing and have not yet received a response.  Also curious about the barrel shroud and if you would want to use a handguard for longer periods of shooting.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm also curious as to how it works.  Perhaps you take off the end cap to attach a suppressor?  I sent them an email asking about that very thing and have not yet received a response.  Also curious about the barrel shroud and if you would want to use a handguard for longer periods of shooting.
View Quote

No, the threaded end is exposed (see picture of other barrel lengths).

The barrel can be installed with just a barrel nut and no float tube if you want to keep the weight low. Or free float it as you would with any standard barrels.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Got the 7” barrel delivered last week. It is definitely light weight and good quality.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:09:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The barrel can be installed with just a barrel nut and no float tube if you want to keep the weight low. Or free float it as you would with any standard barrels.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome, thanks!
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#11]
My 17" TACCOM tension barrel from 2013 has been fantastic, very consistent and very reliable.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just got the barrel in today.  There is no threaded end as is shown on the other barrels.  I'm reluctant to remove the aluminum end cap as I'm under the impression that's what holds the barrel under tension.  Hopefully, the will get back to me in the next few days. Here's what's in the description: "We doubt that you will ever feel much heat on the shroud itself. Tensioned barrels allow you have a lighter barrel that will not whip and you will be suprised at just how accurate these barrels can be with right ammo selection!! 1/2-28 x .40? long threaded end for flash hider, comp, suppressor".
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My 17" TACCOM tension barrel from 2013 has been fantastic, very consistent and very reliable.
View Quote

How do you expose the threads?  It looks like removing the end cap will release the tension.  Is that the case?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:03:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Emailed the company and the owner called me first thing this morning.  He apologized and says he made a mistake in the description.  He ended up giving me a price adjustment.  I'm satisfied with his actions and look forward to receiving the rest of the parts to get this build completed.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#15]
I was just looking at these barrels, too.
I'm putting together a dedicated .22lr pistol and would like the 4" unit.
Does anyone have a picture of one of these (any size) barrels installed?
I'd like to see what they look like with any type of muzzle device.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 2:17:38 AM EDT
[#16]
7” barrel/handguard combo

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 2:54:26 AM EDT
[#17]
That’s is a nice looking barrel.
What’s your plan for muzzle device?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:49:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That’s is a nice looking barrel.
What’s your plan for muzzle device?
View Quote

Probably just a 3” blast can
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 7:34:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Probably just a 3” blast can
View Quote

Nice.  I look forward to seeing it installed.
I'm still on the fence if I want to go this route.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 7:36:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
7” barrel/handguard combo
View Quote

Also, is that a PSA handguard?
I like the look of it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Also, is that a PSA handguard?
I like the look of it.
View Quote

It’s actually made by BowdenTactical In Ohio.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Been having issues with my cmmg barrel and like the look of these.

Thought taccom got out of the 22lr game a couple years ago
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I can scratch this off the list.  The barrel profile is so thick that I can't use the QD slots on the rail.  Do MLOK attachments touch the barrel as well?
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 8:35:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I can scratch this off the list.  The barrel profile is so thick that I can't use the QD slots on the rail.  Do MLOK attachments touch the barrel as well?
View Quote

You can use a larger diameter handguard instead of a slim profile one.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Put about 75 rounds through a 16" version.  3-4 inch pattern at 50yds and 8 inches at 100.  I'm going on the assumption that it needs more rounds down the pipe and a good cleaning/brushing out before it settles in.  Ammo was CCI AR Tactical, 40grain copper plated RN and Federal Black Pack 38 grain copper HP.  Trigger is a Larue MBT so equipment and ammo shouldn't be an issue.  Will try to get back out to the range a put another hundred or so rounds through it and see it it gets better.  Have a rat shoot scheduled for the first week in April and really want this gun to be a tack driver.

From my previous interaction with the owner of the company, they seem to be upstanding people that stand behind their products.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I was just looking at these barrels, too.
I'm putting together a dedicated .22lr pistol and would like the 4" unit.
Does anyone have a picture of one of these (any size) barrels installed?
I'd like to see what they look like with any type of muzzle device.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#27]
^
That's cool looking!
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Pretty nice build in the end. Super lightweight.

Link Posted: 3/22/2021 9:06:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
^
That's cool looking!
Thanks.
View Quote

Pretty sure they don't make the cf wrapped ones anymore. Got it years ago for my first.22 build
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Pretty nice build in the end. Super lightweight.
View Quote

Yeah, man.  That looks awesome!
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:02:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Pretty sure they don't make the cf wrapped ones anymore. Got it years ago for my first.22 build
View Quote

Wonder what it would take to have one wrapped in carbon fiber and if it would damage it or reduce heat transfer.  Anyone done something like this?
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#32]
I wish he would bring back the carbon fiber version. They look a lot better. Don't like all the silver myself. Still looking to get a 7" and would paint it, although I believe the description says it's black. Also looking at Byer barrel.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#33]
You can have it hydro dipped to look like carbon fiber or have it wrapped in actual carbon fiber. Local price for hydro dip is around $100 and they have dozens of pattern and color options.  For actual carbon fiber, I would be concerned with the thickness of carbon fiber and being able to get the barrel nut over it after application.  Perhaps slide the barrel nut on first and then do the carbon fiber?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#34]
These or Beyer for accuracy???

Got some extra parts laying around...
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which one is in stock is the question
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 5:04:02 PM EDT
[#36]
I've contacted Tim at Taccom and the problem is getting the barrel blanks.  I'm waiting for a 7" barrel to assemble a Rattler-look a like.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I've contacted Tim at Taccom and the problem is getting the barrel blanks.  I'm waiting for a 7" barrel to assemble a Rattler-look a like.
View Quote

Hopefully soon. Need another barrel, already started another 22lr build. These are fun and cheap for plinking for sure
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 6:28:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can't speak to Beyer barrels, but I have the 16" Taccom tension barrel and was able to earn a Rifleman patch at an Appleseed Project event first time out last weekend.  I have some AR experience but no formal training whatsoever.  In addition to the excellent training, I believe barrel accuracy had a lot to do with it.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top