Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2020 10:43:33 PM EDT
Not sure if I ever noticed this on other builds. I’ve built on Colt, Mckay, NoDak. Got two Palmetto lowers for Geissele URGI builds and saw a pronounced cant in the selector. LPKs are Aero Precision. I swapped in a Colt M16 selector for comparison. Am I SOL, or is there a simple solution to correct the cant. Thanks

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:49:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The detent hole not being exactly at 6 o'clock position would cause that. Looking at your pic it looks like that might be the issue, but hard to say for sure from a photo.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine is like that also, I actually prefer it, as it stops the selector from beating up the stops.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m not sure I care enough to do anything about it. It’s just the first I’ve ever noticed and thought at first it was the selector.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 7:09:30 AM EDT
[#4]
One of mine is like that can’t remember if it’s the m4 or the m16a2
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 7:13:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mak0:
The detent hole not being exactly at 6 o'clock position would cause that.
View Quote

This. I had one like that, bothered the shit out of me so I sent it packing.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m not sure who manufactured these lowers but quality control isn’t that great. I have a psa m16a2 marked lower all my uppers have a wobble on it. It’s within military spec tolerances but none of my uppers wobble on any of my other brand lowers. Bothers me to be honest because I should have to use an accu-wedge just to remove wobble.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By waynelte:
I’m not sure who manufactured these lowers but quality control isn’t that great. I have a psa m16a2 marked lower all my uppers have a wobble on it. It’s within military spec tolerances but none of my uppers wobble on any of my other brand lowers. Bothers me to be honest because I should have to use an accu-wedge just to remove wobble.
View Quote

PSA forges/ machines them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:10:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

PSA forges/ machines them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I’m not sure who manufactured these lowers but quality control isn’t that great. I have a psa m16a2 marked lower all my uppers have a wobble on it. It’s within military spec tolerances but none of my uppers wobble on any of my other brand lowers. Bothers me to be honest because I should have to use an accu-wedge just to remove wobble.

Well they did a bad job. Quality control isn’t there.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Well they did a bad job. Quality control isn’t there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Well they did a bad job. Quality control isn’t there.

I will not argue.

Too bad too as I was on the fence, just about had myself convinced to order one. (Been mulling it since December).

PSA has just become too large of a gamble.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 2:36:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 2:24:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep. A real bummer. Dropped serious coin on Geissele URGI only to have a sloppy lower. I’ll probably test a few selectors to see if I can minimize it to where it’s tolerable.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By rbgonoles:
Yep. A real bummer. Dropped serious coin on Geissele URGI only to have a sloppy lower. I’ll probably test a few selectors to see if I can minimize it to where it’s tolerable.
View Quote

Send it back.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Ok. So I tested several selectors and and pins and found a long arm of an UnbrandedAR LPK that seems to mitigate the cant.

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 11:11:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like you’re now GTG!  

My M4A1 lower has the largest front take down lily ever hole I’ve ever seen; silly, but a total buzzkill for me.   As said earlier, with current demand, QC is down for now
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 11:40:04 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

I have the original stealth lower and it's perfect. Finish and fit. Came with tension hole too. Love the roll Mark. But they were made by someone else because I purchased another not long ago and I can tell it's no where near the same high quality.  PSA is turning there own lowers and qv is suffering.  I'm sure they will get better with age. I'm almost positive my original stealth lower I form 1d was made by aero
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top