Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2023 5:48:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Razzman1]
My new 2-gun/3-gun/run and gun rifle.  Already swapped out the take-down pins and removed the ambi-safety.  Digging it very much.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Still not sure what the dumb receiver pins were about, but I do like my MR556.   I know people don't like the lack of chrome-lining, I don't recall that my old school HK93 had chrome-lining.
Enjoy.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:35:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats.  Great set up.  I have the same Razor on mine.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 12:16:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice rifle!
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice.  I have a Trijicon Credo 1-8X28 on mine, but your optic is also an excellent choice.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks good.  If only those kraut fucks would give us a chrome lined barrel A5 version.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Smurgeon:
Looks good.  If only those kraut fucks would give us a chrome lined barrel A5 version.
View Quote

A chrome lined version would be a “melt my debit card” event for me.  I’d buy “several” and then would be selling “lesser” rifles.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 6:32:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Uys:
Still not sure what the dumb receiver pins were about, but I do like my MR556.   I know people don't like the lack of chrome-lining, I don't recall that my old school HK93 had chrome-lining.
Enjoy.
View Quote

Someone must be huge fan of HK to buy $3K rifle with "black" non CHL barrel. Why?
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mbjku:

Someone must be huge fan of HK to buy $3K rifle with "black" non CHL barrel. Why?
View Quote

The HK-93 cost me less than $500 in the 1980's.  I had no idea what a Canadian Hockey League barrel was way back then, ammo was $1.99 for 20 rounds of PMC.  It had the ergonomics of a brick, but I shot it a lot.  Even took it to a Police Carbine Class 20-plus years ago.  Carried a USPc for over a decade and really have a love for that handgun.

Do I think that the sticker price on the MR556 or MR762 is too much?  I do, but I wanted one and I waited until I found a price I could choke down.
I like that I can get parts for it fairly easily.  Putting a Nefarious barrel on a stripped upper as soon as it gets here.  

I only have a handful of HK's, but I do like shooting them.  I did sell the HK-93, after having it for 30 years, to a real HK fan.  He's the Moses of HK.  He has two of everything.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By mbjku:

View Quote

I started buying roller-locked HKs in the early 1990s.  They have "bare" bores, and are renown for their longevity and durability.  The G3 was adopted by 3rd World countries with inhospitable climates and those guns kept running.

While I prefer a chrome lined bore and chamber, the only company that I will buy a "bare" bore from is HK.  Whatever Teutonic Valkyrie blood they use to quench the forgings apparently imbues their barrels with supernatural prowess.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:56:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Pretty. Thought about one with an adjustable gas block, but kinda love my POF
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GaryT1776:

A chrome lined version would be a "melt my debit card" event for me.  I'd buy "several" and then would be selling "lesser" rifles.Ne
View Quote
Two words gents.

Nefarious Arms
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Charmingmander:
Two words gents.

Nefarious Arms
View Quote

Ordered one through Haus and it shipped from NA.  Put it together after I scrounged up HK parts.  Worked 100% for the first 120rds I put through it.  
I can get that CL fuzzy feeling, but I really haven't had any issues from my MR556 rifle.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I will buy one when it comes with their adjustable gas block and a chrome lined CHF barrel. No excuses when FN does it for the SCAR.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice rifle.  I just picked up a new MR762 today.  What a beast!  
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Made it to two Run and Gun matches over the last two weeks with the new MR556, and it was flawless.

The Burial Ground RnG in Pawnee, OK

And the Guardian In KY.

Both matches were miserably hot, north of 90*, but a ton of fun.  Burial Ground  was 8 miles, and OK doesn't have much for shade.  The Guardian was a bit shorter at like 5 miles, but the hills were absolutely brutal.  They had a pretty neat option I'd never done before, which was swim across a small pond with all of your gear (it was worth 20 minutes off your time).  Lot of guys back at the finish line indicating that they had lots of gun problems with both handgun and rifle after taking the dunk, but the MR556 and VP9 ran just fine (as expected--I tend to think any decent AR and handgun should survive a 50 yard swim through some murky water).

TLDR:  Run and Guns are fun
Link Posted: 8/14/2023 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#16]
The issues with lack of chrome lining begin to appear when you put a couple thousand rounds through the gun. I have a MR556 that keyholes at 15 meters with various types of ammo.

One of the 416 platform's trump cards is it's stellar barrel quality- it's unfortunate that this doesn't make its way into the MR556 family. Hopefully one day we will see factory chrome lining available on commercial MR556s.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Maschinenpistole44:
The issues with lack of chrome lining begin to appear when you put a couple thousand rounds through the gun. I have a MR556 that keyholes at 15 meters with various types of ammo.

One of the 416 platform's trump cards is it's stellar barrel quality- it's unfortunate that this doesn't make its way into the MR556 family. Hopefully one day we will see factory chrome lining available on commercial MR556s.
View Quote

Your MR556 is keyholing after ~2000 rounds through it? What type of round count per time period were your shooting sessions prior to this keyholing?
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice looking rifle.  I recently bought one of these myself to add to the collection.  I still need to swap out the takedown pins.  Why they would use takedown pins that require a tool to remove is beyond my understanding....along with a few other of the ghey things HK does.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Stan_TheGunNut:
Nice looking rifle.  I recently bought one of these myself to add to the collection.  I still need to swap out the takedown pins.  Why they would use takedown pins that require a tool to remove is beyond my understanding....along with a few other of the ghey things HK does.
View Quote

I think it's a German thing to make something work with 6 parts when only 2 would do it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Where can I get a cheek riser like that?  I have the same Magpul stock.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By sdwornicki:

Your MR556 is keyholing after ~2000 rounds through it? What type of round count per time period were your shooting sessions prior to this keyholing?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sdwornicki:
Originally Posted By Maschinenpistole44:

This seems suspect. I don't believe it at all.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Kisara:
Where can I get a cheek riser like that?  I have the same Magpul stock.
View Quote

I made it.  It's just a piece of kydex with hook-and-loop between the stock and riser.  There's a company that makes them, but after seeing what they are--I couldn't stomach paying $37 for literally 50 cents worth of kydex and 3 minutes of time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Nice looking rifle.  I have been looking at the MR556 thinking I might need one.  It is just difficult to justify the price when I have several ARs already.   It has been about 4-5 years that I have been thinking about one.  Just weren't any available.  I need to decide pretty quick since there is one available.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top