User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/11/2018 8:49:10 AM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Any Fallout fan worthy of the name will recognize the iconic infantry rifle of the NCR military. This thread is intended as a reference for those wanting to build a clone of this rather unique rifle, as well as a way for those of us that have taken the time, effort, and money (this is not a cheap build) to go down this rabbit hole to show our work.

Part I - Configuration

Approaching an NCR Service Rifle build is confounded somewhat by a couple of factors; first, Fallout's rather "artistic" style of depicting weaponry, and second, Obsidian's need/want to reuse animations from Fallout 3. That said, it is possible to get a pretty good idea of the parts makeup of the NCR rifle. Some parts remain unidentified or have no real source; in those cases some suggestions are provided but the end choice is up to the builder.

Upper Receiver
The upper receiver is of the C7 type. This is clear; the A1 carry handle/rear sight arrangement is obvious, as is the presence of the case deflector. This is a key part of the build; any other type (including A1) is wrong. Older builds may be forgiven for using A1 receivers, but there's no excuse now given the availability of C7 receivers from LuthAR: https://www.luth-ar.com/product/a1-stripped-upper-receiver/ (Note: This is identified as an A1 receiver on the site, but it is not - it is a C7). The port cover can't really be identified as this is one of the places where Fallout's funky styling comes into play. A1, A2, really, up to you. The forward assist, however, is clear - it's of the later round type (do not use a teardrop) and optimally should have a chrome or nickel-boron finish. Both Trace Creek and WMD make round NiB forward assists that are good for this part. Rear sight assembly is a standard A1.

Barrel Assembly
The barrel is 20" in length, and has a pencil (old Government-style) profile. "Retro" barrels are useful here. The twist is unidentified and as far as I know cannot be determined. That choice falls to the builder. Similarly, the muzzle device, such as it is, is also unidentified and I cannot find a similar muzzle device for sale. Given this, the muzzle device also falls to the builder. The A1 "Birdcage" and Primary Weapons Systems Triad Mod 2 are good compromise choices that have a similar look to the in-game rifle. The FSB is of the standard type, should not be F-marked, and should have the bayonet lug (assuming your state of residence allows this). Note that the rifle conspicuously has a rather un-retro delta ring to hold the handguards on. For this reason, the complete 20" retro barrel assemblies that Brownells offers are not really optimal for this build as they come with an older style slip ring installed. They are convenient, though, and will save you time and effort. A good source for the right barrel is Green Mountain: http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/gm-m15-20-m16-a1-5-56mm-1-12-twist/.

Bolt Carrier Group and Charging Handle
This part of the build is the 1000-pound elephant. The in-game rifle has no charging handle; it has a side charging bolt. That said, the game's bolt arrangement has a big problem: it wouldn't work in the real world. The bolt simply could not be retracted far enough to chamber a 5.56mm round. And while side-charging upper receivers/bolts do exist, they aren't of the correct C7 type, and can't really be made to be either, given the presence of the case deflector. Additionally, the reason the in-game rifle works this way is almost certainly due to Obsidian's desire to reuse FO3 animations. As such, I have yet to see any clone attempt the side-charging arrangement. If you can make it work - fantastic - but otherwise don't bother and just use a milspec charging handle. The bolt, however, should have a chrome or nickel boron finish in all cases.

Lower Receiver and Markings
The in-game rifle does not appear to have a separated upper and lower, and doesn't even appear to have a magazine release. As such, the exact type of the lower is somewhat questionable and really up to the builder. Feel free to save a bit of money here and use an easy-to-find A2 lower. Aesthetically, the partial-fence or slab-side retro lowers might look a bit better and provide a closer resemblance; Brownells offers these. As to markings - the in-game rifle has none. At all. Some folks have done custom markings to make their rifle unique (and add a bit more cool factor at that), but they're not a super important part of the build and not really canon. The rest of the lower parts can honestly be of any milspec type - with the exception of the trigger/hammer pins and the trigger. Those should have a chrome/nickel finish. As the in-game rifle doesn't have a separated upper/lower, it's your choice as to whether you use chrome/nickel takedown pins - some have, some haven't. A good source for a nickel-boron trigger (which as of now also comes with NiB pins) is the ALG ACT trigger. Apart from looking the part, it's also a pretty nice military style trigger, and inexpensive. Avoid the use of non-milspec external parts - no bowed trigger guards, flat triggers, etc. Finally, the receiver extension and buffer are of the A1 rifle type, and can be sourced from Brownells.

Note: PSA has nixed the idea of an NCR lower. If you want these markings, an 80% lower is your best bet.

Furniture
The NCR rifle's furniture is pretty distinctive, and a defining part of the build. That said, it is not the only defining part. You can't throw wood furniture on an M4 (or even an A2) and call it an NCR service rifle. The wood + C7 upper + 20" pencil barrel is really the key combination. The best source for the wood furniture is Gene at http://www.blackgunswood.com. Note that the A1 length buttstock and the smooth-style pistol grips are special order items - contact Gene via email or phone before you order so he knows you want them. The pistol grip is not quite right (the in-game rifle has more of an A2 grip profile), but it's the closest option available. Another option for wood is Ironwood Designs - again, this is a special order item and you will need to contact them via email. They make very nice stock sets, but I find them less optimal for this build as the handguards have incorrect A1 style venting on the top and bottom; the in-game rifle does not have this. Their buttstock may be slightly more correct, however, as Gene's has a rubber buttpad that isn't quite right. Ironwood Designs stock comes with a sling loop already installed, but you'll need to get a QD sling swivel for use with Gene's; only a stud is provided.

Aren't these Retro rifles?
No. These rifles have a retro "style" but they conform to no actual retro rifle variant and are actually a design from the '80s. The 2280s, that is.

Let's Get this Out of the Way
Yes, we know we're degenerates who belong on a cross. Yes, we really were hoping for more gambling. And yes, doing this build really does make you wish for a nuclear winter.

Part II - Accessories

Bayonet
The Service Rifle's bayonet was a planned add-on that was cut due to the weapon melee system never being designed. However, it still exists in the game's code as static objects, though the add-on was never actually created. The appearance of the bayonet appears to be remarkably similar to two different Ontario Knife Company bayonets - their version of the M9, and the USMC standard OKC-3S. Either would work well and fit the rifle's bayonet lug perfectly.

Sling
While the Service Rifle is never seen with a sling in-game, nothing is, likely due to technical limitations. That said, the Service Rifle does at very least have a rear sling swivel, suggesting that the NCR does use a sling on it. Given the Fallout universe's use of older US military gear, there are two slings that come to mind as being especially appropriate for the Service Rifle- the US M1 cotton sling and the M1907 leather sling. Note that both of these require a 1.25" width sling swivel, so if you are using Gene's buttstock, make sure the swivel you purchase is of that type.

Magazines
The Service Rifle is always seen with a 20rd USGI-style magazine. Surplus Colt magazines work, as do the new-made ones from Brownells.

Part III - Example Rifle "Lillie Belle"

This is my personal NCR Service Rifle. I cannot say I went the cheapest route for this; I paid a bit more for some of the sub-assemblies to save myself a bit of time and effort. You could certainly do this build for less than I did.

Build List:
A1 Style "Birdcage" Flash Hider
Standard A1 FSB and post (non-F marked)
Green Mountain 1/12 twist pencil barrel
Standard A2 delta ring
Anchor Harvey C7 upper receiver (see above for a link)
Repro A1 rear sight assembly
Standard A2 port cover
WMD NiB round forward assist
PSA Premium NiB BCG
PSA Milspec charging handle
Brownells A1 lower receiver
PSA LPK
ALG ACT Trigger/Hammer
Trace Creek NiB Trigger/Hammer pins
Brownells A1 receiver extension and rifle buffer
Furniture (A1 buttstock, smooth grip, rifle handguards) from BlackGunsWood (see above for link)

Paging other known owners of this build to post theirs:
@intheundertow
@NE_Guardsman
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 9:14:32 AM EDT
[#1]
nice teats!
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I have always liked how wood looks on an AR
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#3]
As a fallout nerd, that is badass
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I saw the other PSA thread about a possible "NCR" receiver. I'm really hoping it gets enough traction to stick on the their build schedule.
Loved playing FO, 3 and New Vegas were my favorites.

Tagged to see other builds.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Love for the game aside, the rifle configuration just awesome. Nice enough to use as a display piece.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 1:24:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a C7 upper just waiting for Palmetto to drop the NCR lowers...

The gun also made it in to Fallout 4 via mods, with much updated graphics and more realistic features.

Link Posted: 10/11/2018 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a C7 upper just waiting for Palmetto to drop the NCR lowers...

The gun also made it in to Fallout 4 via mods, with much updated graphics and more realistic features.

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/32361/32361-1528756359-935131530.jpeg
View Quote
What is this Palmetto NCR lowers you speak of?
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 1:58:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What is this Palmetto NCR lowers you speak of?
View Quote
They're mentioned in this thread:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Palmetto-State-Armory-has-lost-a-customer-/5-2109794/&page=154

At this point they're just proposed; PSA's legal team has yet to approve them. That said, they haven't said no, either. PSA would like to do them; all up to legal.

This is the proposed design:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Not familiar with the game (I don't play any) but that's a cool rifle.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 12:01:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Just get a 80% receiver engraved

Problem solved and no 4473
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 1:29:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Not sure what to say here other than here is my build, my spreadsheet(detailing the build), and my   reddit post. Also, I believe my build was the first to feature custom engravings. My build has since inspired at least four other builds using the same engraver I originally used as well as in sequence with the serial number that I put on my rifle (FNV0001).

With these links most of what went into my rifle can be determined. If anyone has any questions of me I can be reached here or on reddit as /u/The_Guardsman.

*Edit, added a couple of pictures.

Link Posted: 10/12/2018 3:52:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not sure what to say here other than here is my build, my spreadsheet(detailing the build), and my   reddit post. Also, I believe my build was the first to feature custom engravings. My build has since inspired at least four other builds using the same engraver I originally used as well as in sequence with the serial number that I put on my rifle (FNV0001).

With these links most of what went into my rifle can be determined. If anyone has any questions of me I can be reached here or on reddit as /u/The_Guardsman.
View Quote
Pretty sure yours was the first with the custom engraving too. And your build definitely inspired mine, though I'm holding off on doing any engraving of lowers until PSA figures out whether they're going to do their NCR lower.

Did you end up using an A2 or A1 length buttstock on yours? You're listing an A2 spacer/screw on your build list, but you've got the A1 screw on there too, and neither screw is really needed as Gene's buttstock has its own attachment screw incorporated. I seem to recall you mentioning somewhere (reddit?) that you did end up using an A1-length stock, but that could be the result of too little sleep.

Have you been able to find anything more accurate muzzle device wise? Most people use some sort of flash hider, but the in-game muzzle device is solid and honestly almost pointless from a functionality perspective. Still, I'd like to ultimately find something that's a better fit. Raichu over on Reddit used a sort of solid thing that I can't identify in his build, but that one lacks the two ribs at the rear, something the A1 flash hider (and the one you used) have. The optimal device would seem to be a mashup of the two.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 5:36:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

Just have started playing this. Downloaded the service rifle mod. Gets pretty detailed.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 5:59:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I suppose if the uber nerds in the retro forums can get into color and even UID sticker matching, and the AK guys can find green tape and pictures of Masood, then a video game is the least of our troubles.

Your rifle looks nice OP. And I really like the "Galil style" flared pistol grip look on the AR, whether it was wood or polymer.

Just don't throw it down the driveway to achieve a "weathered, post-apocalyptic" look, because that would just be too much.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 7:14:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Oh boy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 7:17:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 7:21:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 7:53:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Pretty sure yours was the first with the custom engraving too. And your build definitely inspired mine, though I'm holding off on doing any engraving of lowers until PSA figures out whether they're going to do their NCR lower.

Did you end up using an A2 or A1 length buttstock on yours? You're listing an A2 spacer/screw on your build list, but you've got the A1 screw on there too, and neither screw is really needed as Gene's buttstock has its own attachment screw incorporated. I seem to recall you mentioning somewhere (reddit?) that you did end up using an A1-length stock, but that could be the result of too little sleep.

Have you been able to find anything more accurate muzzle device wise? Most people use some sort of flash hider, but the in-game muzzle device is solid and honestly almost pointless from a functionality perspective. Still, I'd like to ultimately find something that's a better fit. Raichu over on Reddit used a sort of solid thing that I can't identify in his build, but that one lacks the two ribs at the rear, something the A1 flash hider (and the one you used) have. The optimal device would seem to be a mashup of the two.
View Quote
I really want hose PSA lowers to happen, I'd probably buy about 5.

For the buttstock, It is of A1 length. Gene had a limited number of these when I ordered.

For the muzzle device I found the Primary Weapons Mod II Triad to be close enough to satisfy my needs, so that's what I went with.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 8:53:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I really want hose PSA lowers to happen, I'd probably buy about 5.

For the buttstock, It is of A1 length. Gene had a limited number of these when I ordered.

For the muzzle device I found the Primary Weapons Mod II Triad to be close enough to satisfy my needs, so that's what I went with.
View Quote
Hah! I knew I wasn't smoking something. I think the A1 length is probably right; the in-game rifle's buttstock has that shorter look. I think Gene only sells them to people that are doing this build; he didn't have any available when I talked to him, just two unfinished ones that needed a couple of weeks of finish work before he could ship one to me.

I updated the OP to include the PWS Mod 2 as another option for the muzzle device.

Did you end up sticking with the M7 bayonet? I picked one up with the intention of crafting wooden grips for it, but then I took a closer look at the cut bayonet and realized... it's an OKC-3S.
Attachment Attached File

Looks pretty much exactly the same and goes right on the rifle.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Did you end up sticking with the M7 bayonet? I picked one up with the intention of crafting wooden grips for it, but then I took a closer look at the cut bayonet and realized... it's an OKC-3S.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/51323/61ej28E0LCL__SX425__jpg-702404.JPG

Looks pretty much exactly the same and goes right on the rifle.
View Quote
I gave up on trying to find one resembling the cut content version and instead found one that closely resembles the in-game "Combat Knife". It's a cheapy China made S&W branded knife that I got off of Amazon. I don't have a picture of it on hand but I'll get one when I get home.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#21]
That's one sweet stick you got there...excellent job!!!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Firstly, I'm subscribing to this thread as being relevant to my interests; I love the feel of wood on my firearms, already have several normal ARs, love long barrel irons on an AR, and love fallout.

But as a question, why not just customize an A1 style upper with a mechanically possible side charger and lose the deflector and FA (since the FA would no longer be necessary)?  It wouldn't match the model as well, but would match the animation physics, and IMO make it stand out a bit more.  That being said, OP's rifle is gorgeous.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Firstly, I'm subscribing to this thread as being relevant to my interests; I love the feel of wood on my firearms, already have several normal ARs, love long barrel irons on an AR, and love fallout.

But as a question, why not just customize an A1 style upper with a mechanically possible side charger?  It wouldn't match the model as well, but would match the animation physics, and IMO make it stand out a bit more.  That being said, OP's rifle is gorgeous.
View Quote
I've actually wondered if there might just be enough space underneath the brass deflector to make the rifle side-charging and still keep the C7 receiver. That, however, is a project that's well beyond my abilities.

I'd love to see it done, though!

The Service Rifle mod for FO4 is really well done and IIRC is part of an attempt to "remaster" NV in the FO4 engine. It even includes redone animations that correctly use the charging handle.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:33:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Here's that knife I mentioned. It's crap Chinese quality but I thought it looked the part.

Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:41:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Here's that knife I mentioned. It's crap Chinese quality but I thought it looked the part.

https://i.imgur.com/Nx5lRyxr.jpg
View Quote
Oh, cool! That's an M9 bayonet copy. The M9 is also really close to the cut bayonet, honestly - particularly the Ontario Knife one:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 2:01:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Oh, cool! That's an M9 bayonet copy. The M9 is also really close to the cut bayonet, honestly - particularly the Ontario Knife one:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/51323/41hu2WbDiqL__SX425__jpg-703088.JPG
View Quote
Like I said, the knife I chose looked the part, that was all I was looking for. I would much rather have an OKC M9 (especially for my M4A1 build), but that will come later.

I think I paid about $60 for this S&W one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 2:53:10 AM EDT
[#27]
This is a really cool project, rifle looks great.

Probably the coolest "clone" to date
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 7:41:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Very cool custom build with a purpose.

Link Posted: 10/13/2018 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have always liked how wood looks on an AR
View Quote
A couple years ago, I undertook a wood AR project. It was not based on the NCR (not familiar with it at the time). I wanted to incorporate new and old school in the build. I did use the Ironwood Designs A1 wood kit (American Black Walnut) that I finished myself. The stock is A2 length. The upper assembly is from Windham Weaponry.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

A couple years ago, I undertook a wood AR project. It was not based on the NCR (not familiar with it at the time). I wanted to incorporate new and old school in the build. I did use the Ironwood Designs A1 wood kit (American Black Walnut) that I finished myself. The stock is A2 length. The upper assembly is from Windham Weaponry.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/76904/001_JPG-703394.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/76904/005_JPG-703396.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/76904/008_JPG-703398.JPG
View Quote
That's a real nice looking rifle! As you said, it's not an NCR rifle clone, but I do love the Ironwood furniture.

Are all of the Ironwood buttstocks A2 length, or do they offer an A1 length? If they're all A2 length, using that set is even less correct on an NCR build than I originally thought.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...  

While I was certainly inspired by New Vegas and I've been a Fallout fan since 1998, I didn't set out to build a 100% perfect clone.  Really I just wanted an A1/C7 retroish build with Ironwood furniture.  But it ended up pretty close...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The walnut furniture before and after a bunch of pine tar, BLO, and elbow grease.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 10:47:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...  

While I was certainly inspired by New Vegas and I've been a Fallout fan since 1998, I didn't set out to build a 100% perfect clone.  Really I just wanted an A1/C7 retroish build with Ironwood furniture.  But it ended up pretty close...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/151070/FB_IMG_1539440567040_jpg-703536.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/151070/FB_IMG_1539440327560_jpg-703538.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/151070/FB_IMG_1539440533825_jpg-703539.JPG

The walnut furniture before and after a bunch of pine tar, BLO, and elbow grease.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/151070/FB_IMG_1539440601940_jpg-703540.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/151070/FB_IMG_1539440635622_jpg-703542.JPG
View Quote
Yep, that's pretty close, I'd say. Awesome job finishing the furniture, by the way.

I love the sling.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's a real nice looking rifle! As you said, it's not an NCR rifle clone, but I do love the Ironwood furniture.

Are all of the Ironwood buttstocks A2 length, or do they offer an A1 length? If they're all A2 length, using that set is even less correct on an NCR build than I originally thought.
View Quote
At the time, they were A2. I do not know if they have started offering A1 length stocks yet.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 7:50:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Patrolling the Mojave almost makes me wish for a nuclear winter.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 8:32:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Not a personal fan of the style but pretty cool for what you’re intending
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 9:02:24 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm not familiar with the game but always kinda wanted a wood stocked AR.  Cool project!
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 9:13:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Looks like the Twighlight 2000 M16ez (I think)
View Quote
Twilight 2000..... Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time....
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Twilight 2000..... Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time....
View Quote
I had the original GDW box set back in the 80's - no idea what happened to it. I did pick up the FFE reprint softcover book a few years ago, still have that. TW2000 was one of those games that seemed like a good idea but was far too complex to play as is.

The supplement books just got sillier and sillier as time went by.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Twilight: 2000 was great.  My character had a HK CAWS.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Ah, well. PSA has said no to the NCR lowers. OP updated to reflect this.

80% or custom-engraving on a "stealth" style lower is going to be the only way to get NCR markings.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 3:06:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Ah, well. PSA has said no to the NCR lowers. OP updated to reflect this.

80% or custom-engraving on a "stealth" style lower is going to be the only way to get NCR markings.
View Quote
Source on this? I sent them an email and haven't heard back yet.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Source on this? I sent them an email and haven't heard back yet.
View Quote
Middle of the page here:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Palmetto-State-Armory-has-lost-a-customer-/5-2109794/?page=163

I'm going to reach out to a local place that does engraving on lowers to see if they can do a small Property of NCR Govt. marking on the left magwell of the Brownells A1 lower used for this build.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Somebody should try doing the Survivalist Rifle from Honest Hearts in New Vegas
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Somebody should try doing the Survivalist Rifle from Honest Hearts in New Vegas
View Quote
Somebody over on Reddit did, and did a beautiful job of it - it's even in .50 Beowulf and has the "Ârret!" and "Stop!" markings carved into the buttstock.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Middle of the page here:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Palmetto-State-Armory-has-lost-a-customer-/5-2109794/?page=163

I'm going to reach out to a local place that does engraving on lowers to see if they can do a small Property of NCR Govt. marking on the left magwell of the Brownells A1 lower used for this build.
View Quote
I'm sad now... :(
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 8:17:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Somebody over on Reddit did, and did a beautiful job of it - it's even in .50 Beowulf and has the "rret!" and "Stop!" markings carved into the buttstock.
View Quote
Link, or pictures at least?  I've thought about doing up a big bore dissipator with wood because of that rifle.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Link, or pictures at least?  I've thought about doing up a big bore dissipator with wood because of that rifle.
View Quote
How about a nice video?

Gunnit Rust: The Survivalist's Rifle
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#48]
So, I'm still planning on getting engraving done on this, but for the moment I had a custom "NCR Acceptance Stamp" made up in the same vein as the DoD acceptance stamps one sees on early M16s. I think it turned out pretty well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So, I'm still planning on getting engraving done on this, but for the moment I had a custom "NCR Acceptance Stamp" made up in the same vein as the DoD acceptance stamps one sees on early M16s. I think it turned out pretty well.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/51323/NCRStamp_jpg-708546.JPG
View Quote
Ok that's cool...
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 12:14:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/51323/NCRStamp_jpg-708546.JPG
View Quote
Very unique touch, I love it!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top