Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2024 1:00:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 77Grainz]
Has anyone noticed the new loading for the Sabre Blade Black line at PSA the Sabre SBX 70 grain? Is this just a rebranded 70 grain TSX that is 10 cents cheaper than the Barnes AAC loading? The posted picture is bad, but this is a solid copper expanding 70 grain projectile. Still hoping for some kind of MK318 clone from them, even though I know this is not it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#1]
“The posted picture is bad”

You can say that again.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:
“The posted picture is bad”

You can say that again.
View Quote

Was just for reference, that’s what the website is for..
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't even know they made it. Not saving much money though over the TSX.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 7:51:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 77Grainz] [#4]
Originally Posted By Tug153:
I didn't even know they made it. Not saving much money though over the TSX.
View Quote

I would bet it just got put on the website a day or two ago.  But would also agree with your opinion that saving 2.00 is not much. But the bullet profile looks remarkably like the TSX not mention the name SBX as in the three letter name ending in X, TSX - SBX…
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for sharing OP! I wish they would do some bonded and non bonded soft points.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 3:22:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#6]
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 10:50:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Most every bullet they outsource they seem to be making an analog of. 77SMK vs 77OTM, TMK vs Black Tip, etc. I assume this is their in-house analog of the TSX.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#8]
It's pretty impressive to think what they have done in only a few short years. Building an ammunition plant
From scratch, design and make thier own bullets and I belive they going to be making primers or ma y already be. And get affordable ammo to the masses
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:56:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: elgin25] [#9]
Originally Posted By 1-75Ranger:
It's pretty impressive to think what they have done in only a few short years. Building an ammunition plant
From scratch, design and make thier own bullets and I belive they going to be making primers or ma y already be. And get affordable ammo to the masses
View Quote

I agree with this, even if they had some teething issues before, i mean look at the bigger picture, who else is stepping up tho the plate to fill the gaps such as the steel cased ammo market, how many US based companies are not only making their own ammo components from scratch but also going into the steel cased ammo also from scratch? for whatever faults they may have, its outweighed heavily by the good they are doing.. if anyone has issues with them, why dont you put your money where your mouth is and try and do better yourself if you think you can.. i mea for one large company to fill hundreds of millions of orders a month while making everything from scratch, What do you want honestly? a steady reliable supplier of LOW priced ammo or having to over pay because the supply dwindles and other manufacturers up the cost to produce, or lower the output and thus the retailer ups the price because they pay more to get the inventory that is not as plentiful? or continuing to outsource to other countries for ammo that can be banned by an inept administration. not to mention the budget friendly firearms they make so that anyone can afford to defend themselves or possibly be an ally against tyranny. in a world where politicians want to  make owning a firearm expensive, psa is battling that better then really anyone else.

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By elgin25:

I agree with this, even if they had some teething issues before, i mean look at the bigger picture, who else is stepping up tho the plate to fill the gaps such as the steel cased ammo market, how many US based companies are not only making their own ammo components from scratch but also going into the steel cased ammo also from scratch? for whatever faults they may have, its outweighed heavily by the good they are doing.. if anyone has issues with them, why dont you put your money where your mouth is and try and do better yourself if you think you can.. i mea for one large company to fill hundreds of millions of orders a month while making everything from scratch, What do you want honestly? a steady reliable supplier of LOW priced ammo or having to over pay because the supply dwindles and other manufacturers up the cost to produce, or lower the output and thus the retailer ups the price because they pay more to get the inventory that is not as plentiful? or continuing to outsource to other countries for ammo that can be banned by an inept administration. not to mention the budget friendly firearms they make so that anyone can afford to defend themselves or possibly be an ally against tyranny. in a world where politicians want to  make owning a firearm expensive, psa is battling that better then really anyone else.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elgin25:
Originally Posted By 1-75Ranger:

Well said!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top