Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2021 8:53:38 AM EDT
Picked up a 6.8 upper for my AR off the EE. It is a 10.5", carbine length barrel, fixed gas block, and a FA carrier.

Barrel manufacturer recommends an H2 for the barrel length.

All I have on-hand is a carbine buffer, and some lighter-weight buffers (for a different upper).

Since I need to order an H2, would it be wise to also grab an H1 and / or and H3? Or should I get the H2 and shoot it, and see how it acts?

Or I could possibly get one of those KAK configurable buffer kits? KAK Buffer Kit

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got an H2 buffer in mine and am happy with it, but mine is a 16" midlength.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#2]
If you don’t mind spending $180, get the JP SCS H2, they are just awesome
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#3]
The KAK buffer kit is such a great deal!  It allows you to fine tune it to whatever weight you prefer.  I bought one kit to make an H2 buffer for my 6.5G, an H1 for my 5.56 SPR, and also make a lightweight buffer for my wife's featherweight carbine.  Get one, and you can tune a bunch of your rifles all at once.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:47:34 PM EDT
[#4]
H2 is good to run with that upper configuration.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want to tinker, with this specific build or multiple, get an H3 or the buffer build kit.

Otherwise, just an H2 is exactly what I would buy, throw in it and forget about it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks all. Went with a KAK H2. Was in stock and at a decent price. All my other buffers are KAK units.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#7]
If your ejection angle is past 4:30 with an H2, you can switch one Tungsten weight at a time between the H2 and your standard carbine buffer.  3-4:30 ejection angle is ideal.  You can also play with springs such as Tubbs flat wire, Wolfe XP, Sprinco, etc.  Do you have an AR15 or M16 bolt carrier?  M16 is a little heavier and generally preferred.  Happy experimenting!
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top