Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2021 10:38:19 PM EDT
Hi all! I searched for an answer to this and couldn't seem to find any sort of consensus. I am days away from being the proud owner of a 10.5 pistol. on my 14.5s I run a Spike's T2 and a Sprinco blue spring with zero problems. Should I use the same setup on my 10.5? Is there some other combo that would work better? Different spring weight? Buffer weight? What are your thoughts? Thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:39:51 PM EDT
[#1]
What gas length?
What's the gas port's size?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Carbine length gas, A2 profile, .750 lo pro gas block. I dont know the port size offhand.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Suppressed or No?
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 1:54:37 AM EDT
[#4]
No can.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 6:01:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No can.
View Quote

I'd go with an H2 buffer and a red(extra power) spring.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Standard spring will be fine.  Fine tune with buffer weight, but it should run fine on a standard carbine buffer.  I see a lot of love for H2.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Carbine length gas, A2 profile, .750 lo pro gas block. I dont know the port size offhand.

No can.
View Quote

H2 and Sprinco blue is where I'd start.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 3:51:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine is a 10.5" Noveske barrel, carbine gas, .081 gas-port size... A Kaw Valley H3 (5.4oz) buffer and a JP Extra-Power buffer spring is what I use for the aforementioned Pistol and also my 10.3's with slightly smaller sized .078 gas port sizes. They sling LC, IMI, and Hornady Brass @ 3:00-3:30 and Wolff Steel Case @ 4:00...
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks to all for the advice! I've got an H2 and both Sprinco blue and red on the way. I also have some standard weight stuff laying around. My optic and sights get here this weekend so next week we are going to see how she runs. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks to all for the advice! I've got an H2 and both Sprinco blue and red on the way. I also have some standard weight stuff laying around. My optic and sights get here this weekend so next week we are going to see how she runs. Thanks again!
View Quote

Whenever I put together a new AR... I'll take an H2 (previously installed in the gun), and an H3 buffer along with me in the range bag along with the JP extra power carbine buffer spring installed. Between the aforementioned JP spring (very comparable to your Sprinco Blue Spring) and either the H2 or H3 buffer; whichever one allows for consistent 3:00-3:30 ejection of spent brass with full powered IMI ammo equates to a smooth running carbine or middy gassed puppy. The weaker steel cased ammo will always eject around 4:00 but will run well too from my experience. Either way between your Red and Blue Buffer Springs and an H2 buffer you'll get her tuned to a constant ejection pattern and cycle smoothly/consistently.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Depends on how OCD you are. Carbine/Carbine will most likely "work" - but that's like "Mil-Spec" - bare minimum. If possible, it's nice to have Blue, Red, Orange Sprinco's, and enough Steel/Tungsten to build up to an H3 (If you had a Can, you may have to go even heavier with an OdinWorks 'Heavy'). Keep the Buffer at Carbine, and try each spring. If you still need to slow the BCG down - go up through the "H's". This will get you the lowest recoil impulse while still accomplishing the mission - but it's expensive since each spring is about $25 a pop. Up side is you'll eventually use them all if you get afflicted by "the disease" LOL.

P.S. Adjustable Gas Blocks are another option. If you get a Can, you may need to combine them all - my 11.3" setup with a Rugged Razor is a Sprinco Orange, OdinWorks 'Heavy' w/3 Tungsten, and a SupArms AGB at 30-45 clicks out, depending on ammo.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Depends on the port size and suppressors. An H2 is a good place to start.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top