Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/28/2023 9:03:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jmj540]
I was researching a Springfield Armory Saint Victor 9mm carbine  rifle to order very soon, I mostly shoot 145 gr Speer lawman and use a Rugged obsidian .45cal suppressor, the direct blow-back system seems to feed anything without problems.( so far as I have heard on the Springfield).

My FFL said he also has a Colt AR6951 AR9 that he can order, That system has a buffer and spring.
I would like to hear what the pros and cons are for each rifle, Springfield is new to the AR platform but seems to have things well thought out, Colt has the AR6951 out for years, I would like to hear from owners of each, what they like and most important , what they didn't like on each ?

I know the Springfield Victor will need a shorter hand guard to fit my suppressor, will the blow back design of the Springfield have any trouble feeding a 147gr round with a suppressor ?  On the Colt AR6951 AR9, will the buffer system handle a slow round or need modification ?

I would like to pick the best platform to shoot 9mm suppressed, I like the Springfield design (as I do the Colt, uses the same straight 32 round Colt design magazine), just checking what is the better rifle of choice in your opinion, build quality , reliability, and most important accuracy ? I know 9mm has it's limitations on accuracy, I don't want a rifle that slings rounds everywhere.

The classic Colt is really a plus with no hand guard changes and a longer history with the 9mm carbine platform, but I have no experience or knowledge  with either firearm. The only thing that I question is the buffer system of the Colt shooting a 147gr FMJ suppressed feeding reliability  .

Hopefully someone here has experience with either rifle and can tell me the pros and cons of each, the quality difference between the two, and the better choice in their opinion what would be the better firearm.

I am a 61 year old T-7 para in a wheelchair, for my birthday and 33 years in a chair, I am buying a 9mm AR platform rifle to keep costs down shooting suppressed, 5.56 has the sonic crack were the neighbors definitely,  know when I'm  out practicing.  .45 & 9mm pistol through the Rugged is extremely  quiet, I would like the same for a rifle  and make the best choice before I head down to my FFL .

I'm looking forward to hearing from members with knowledge of each rifle and point me in the right direction.   Thank you For any information !   Jay

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I think both are good, but I have a Colt. I went with a Macon armory 7.5 oz buffer because I almost always shoot suppressed.
Great gun. I use a holosun 510 optic
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 11:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Call Rudy at Macon.  He is super helpful and stands by his products!!!!!!!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top