Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/31/2018 7:39:29 AM EDT
Love this LWRC PDW, but i cant find anything to use for a sling.  It has no QD attachment on the stock(which was a huge oversight) so im left searching.  I dont want to modify the stock in anyway, but i would love to be able detatch the main part of the sling.  It comes with a QD point for the side rails, but the back would have to be a 1" wide strap that would thread through the buttplate.  If i could find something to detatch just after that, i'd be thrilled....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 7:52:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Stark makes an AR hand grip with a sling mounting point at the rear, so you could utilize a one-point or two-point sling.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 9:18:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Specter gear FTW
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#3]
BFG U-Loop may work for you if you want to mount the sling at the rear. They make a few different sizes. There's the Mossie UQDL, but it's no longer in production. I'd just found an alternate literally yesterday, but can't for the life of me remember who made it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 12:10:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive looked at the u-loop...looks kinda cheesy.  I cant even find a strap thats 1" wide, let alone something that will allow the main portion if the sling to detatch.  Im going to dig a little deeper into Wolf hooks
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#5]
there are qd  that attatch to pic rail maybe infront of rear sight?

https://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/magpul-rsa-rail-sling-attachment/
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#6]
The RedbackOne Combat Sling looks like it will fit the bill. It is very low profile and well-constructed, and the part that would loop through the sling loops is just under 1".

It comes stock with a HK hook (and excellent noise-dampening sleeve) but it's not permanently attached and could be easily swapped for whatever front attachment you prefer.

https://redbackone.com/products/rb1-combat-sling

ETA:
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The RedbackOne Combat Sling looks like it will fit the bill. It is very low profile and well-constructed, and the part that would loop through the sling loops is just under 1".

It comes stock with a HK hook (and excellent noise-dampening sleeve) but it's not permanently attached and could be easily swapped for whatever front attachment you prefer.

https://redbackone.com/products/rb1-combat-sling

ETA:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0001/8415/6188/products/RB1-CombatSling-02-MC_800x.jpg
View Quote
I like that!  However, id really like to be able to detach it at the rear point as well.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ive looked at the u-loop...looks kinda cheesy.  I cant even find a strap thats 1" wide, let alone something that will allow the main portion if the sling to detatch.  Im going to dig a little deeper into Wolf hooks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It may look a little cheesy, but it's good gear. Most slings have 1" ends, though they may be wider in the middle. Get a sling with loose ends, and as long as the loop on the U-Loop fits through the rear slots, you'd be GTG. Personally I like simpler slings such as the Proctor or Edgar Sherman Design, which would allow for this since they're loose ends. I set up my proctor sling to be QD.

This second one, ESD, may be a good option. He's good people, and makes each sling himself. You could try giving him a shout, and I'd be he could get you a setup that would work well for you, he can do custom work.

Custom: If you want any modification to a sling please contact me, I can source special camouflages, make super small or extra large slings, color combos etc. Leave a note in your order, email or message me via Instagram and I will adjust your order. Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#10]
the Condor Stryke, but with 1" webbing
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It may look a little cheesy, but it's good gear. Most slings have 1" ends, though they may be wider in the middle. Get a sling with loose ends, and as long as the loop on the U-Loop fits through the rear slots, you'd be GTG. Personally I like simpler slings such as the Proctor or Edgar Sherman Design, which would allow for this since they're loose ends. I set up my proctor sling to be QD.

This second one, ESD, may be a good option. He's good people, and makes each sling himself. You could try giving him a shout, and I'd be he could get you a setup that would work well for you, he can do custom work.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Custom: If you want any modification to a sling please contact me, I can source special camouflages, make super small or extra large slings, color combos etc. Leave a note in your order, email or message me via Instagram and I will adjust your order. Thank you.
Both of those look doable.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 1:13:39 PM EDT
[#12]
There are plenty of places that sell 1", 1.25", and 1.5" webbing as well as sling sliders, hooks, HK connectors etc.  If you can't find what you want ready made, you can make your own.  A simple webbing sling can be made from webbing and fittings for about $5, but for the fancier ones it really isn't worth all the work to find the fittings, and get someone to sew it up.  Shoe repair shops, upholstery shops, and boat, awning, tent, making places usually sew things up pretty cheaply, if you just want something simple.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I know you can get 1 inch adapters that accept HK sling hooks, and there are tons of two and three point HK style slings on the market. The Eagle TAS sling would work really well. HK sling hooks are just as easy as QD swivels.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 10:13:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Proctor WOTG Sling
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Could also just run para cord through it and make your own adapter that way.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Magpul MS1 is the best I've tried.  Recently got a Way of the Gun sling for it's light weight, but I'm quite disappointed in it's speed of operation in comparison to the MS1.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#18]
You can always add a Tangondown PR-4 adapter to have QD point at back of receiver
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:43:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Get the Armageddon Gear carbine sling and select the “loop ends” option. Buy one QD swivel. Loop attaches to the rear and the QD attaches to the front.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top