Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2020 8:15:58 AM EDT
As the title says, I need an MLOK compatible offset scout light mount. It will be mounted on a Geissele Mk14 and want the light in the 1:30 position. I was trying to hold out for an MK16 rail so I could do an inline mount but ended up going with the Mk14 for several reasons but that did eliminate the inline option.

Anyway, features that are important to me are... I something that will keep the light as close in/tight to the forearm as possible, I want something strong and of good quality but I also want it to be as lightweight as reasonable.

The 2 I've been looking at are the Knight Armament and Arisaka versions. Anything I need to know about them? Either one have an advantage (other than price) over the other? Any better options I should be looking at?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Never used the KAC, but you can’t go wrong with Arisaka.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
...but you can't go wrong with Arisaka.
View Quote

This pretty much sums it up.

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:57:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for Arisaka
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:48:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep, I've Arisaka'ed all the things.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Never used an Arisaka, but I've always heard good things about them.

Used a bunch of the KAC Mlok Scout mounts. They are good mounts and so far I've had no issues with them. They are a little larger and thicker than the Arisaka mount, but it lets me use the DS tailcap, so I don't mind it as much.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:03:33 AM EDT
[#6]
The best is Arisaka.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:50:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:
Do you already have the Scout? 

If not--or even if so, I would look at the Scout PRO rotational units, they come with both MLOK and Picatinny mounts and you can adjust the position to get much closer than an aftermarket offset mount. 

~Augee
View Quote

I do already have the scout light (I'm just changing rails from Pic to Mlok) so I don't really want to spend another $300 for a new light but that new mount is sweet. Is the main "body" with the rotational mount available separately?

If not, I guess I'll give the Arisaka a shot and keep the Scout Pro in mind for a later date?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I do already have the scout light (I'm just changing rails from Pic to Mlok) so I don't really want to spend another $300 for a new light but that new mount is sweet. Is the main "body" with the rotational mount available separately?

If not, I guess I'll give the Arisaka a shot and keep the Scout Pro in mind for a later date?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you already have the Scout?

If not--or even if so, I would look at the Scout PRO rotational units, they come with both MLOK and Picatinny mounts and you can adjust the position to get much closer than an aftermarket offset mount.

~Augee

Not to step on toes, but no, it's not available separately.

I think you'll be satisfied with the Arisaka mount for sure.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:48:57 AM EDT
[#10]
LINK

I dont own one but always though these looked interesting. Same pivot feature as the SF PRO too.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Arisaka or Thorntail2 SBR if you want to push the light further forward.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Arisaka.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#13]
My vote goes to the KAC. Been running it a few years now.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 8:43:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

You may want to take a look at the Bobro mounts then.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 9:54:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Arisaka,  they made the screws just long enough that it’s not too long past the nut after tightening.  For those who have very slim hand guards this is a good solution if you don’t want the screws to hit the gas block or barrel.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 10:09:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top